more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert

Started by Matt10, December 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 11, 2019, 07:46:23 PM
Bit surprised how ineffective he has been.
The alleged £4m season  long loan fee, if not signed at the end of the season for £10k is daunting.
How could we have agreed to such a deal??

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Nero

Quote from: Statto on January 12, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
Perfect illustration of the difference between Cavaleiro and Knockaert yesterday.

Knockaert mindlessly runs into a crowd of five defenders and naturally loses possession.

The loose ball rolls to Cavaleiro who bangs it into the top corner.

yes Parker will be having words, he should have passed it sideways instead of running into the box

General

I think people are being uneccessarily critical of him.  It's easy to get on a players back but it simply takes a moment of magic from a player like Knockaert to justify his position, which he's more than capable of and which other teams and managers are aware. Games are decided on moments of Magic - see Cavaleiro's strike just yesterday. (and when looking at it, look at the fact it came about because of a driving run from Knockaert) - whether intentional or not, having him on the pitch yesterday saw us score the goal and ultimately win the game.

Watching the highlights back (both sky's and hull official on youtube) i'm suprised more hasn't been made of the amount of times Christie was out of position and leaving us vulnerable at the back.

People say it was a close game but we had Cairney and Arter on the bench.

Also - whilst I don't think Parker has what it takes to manage in the premierleague and I question some of his man management as he should be getting better results with this squad - can we at least acknowledge that he made tactical decisions that saw us nullify a team that thrashed us 3-0 last time round - he has learned a lesson and taken the tactical decisions necessary - something we should note.

Does anyone know how long Mitrovic could be out for? We have good players, but they're tiny and mitrovic's prescence and height makes a huge difference to our ability to play and utilise these wider players. We need someone who's good in the air and with his back to goal.