watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford aare the best team I've seen this season

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, December 15, 2019, 12:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've watched most games and almost everything they did today was class, although our ineptitude
helped them.
Their passing, skill levels, space      making, commitment, speed and speed of thought,
finishing (but for inches 3 times with the goal posts) , flicks and tricks, tackling, closing
us down and backing off when appropriate, scaring our back 4/5 witless and finally team work, work ethic
and camaraderie.
How do they continually find great coaches ?

Got to admit as a 10/11 year old I alternated between us and Brentford, so I have a soft spot (not animosity)
and would love to see them grow and eventually go one step further.

Current teams like Brentford, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Burnley, Leicester could show us a thing or 100

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bobbo

Yep they were just that roger , we - that is the other three I went to the game with - knew and said before the first whistle it was going to be very difficult . I think all of us that were there think 1-0 actually flattered us. could easily have been 3 or 4.

Footnote didn't want to get into personal argument with the many around me booing the team off but I find it disgraceful. Also being so close to the pitch we could see some of our players blaming each other for mistakes/misgivings.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

If only we had the financial clout of Brentford, instead of relying on picking up players from the lower leagues and lucky transfers working out!

toshes mate

Quote from: Southdowns White on December 15, 2019, 10:25:04 AM
If only we had the financial clout of Brentford, instead of relying on picking up players from the lower leagues and lucky transfers working out!
A thoughtful comment loaded with wisdom.

Stevieboy

Good as Brentford were, it was our style that was our downfall. Countless Bees attacks came from us losing the ball high up the field and the speed of their counter getting down the wings behind us. So I agree I think it's the tactics that need changing, even in the short term to allow us to consolidate a top 6 position, if not top 2 as it seems Leeds maybe having a wobble.
And yes booing the team is unacceptable, I know fans pay good money and are entitled to, but unless the whole crowd are professional footballers they have no idea of the pressures and tactics demanded of them, I didn't notice one player who didn't give 100% yesterday and it's good to see Onamha getting better game by game.

Mince n Tatties

Agree,best side I've seen us play so far,and I knew that before the game.
They might open their new stadium as a Premier side.

bog

:plus one: I feel no animosity to Brentford either. The players they have unearthed and then sold but still remain a good side is the sign of a good club. Good luck to them.  :54:

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

You lot must have been watching a different game. I thought they were ok - but not top class. They gave the ball away a lot . We were pathetic though

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 15, 2019, 12:12:00 PM
You lot must have been watching a different game. I thought they were ok - but not top class. They gave the ball away a lot . We were pathetic though

They were better than us in every department.
Could have been 5-0.

Sgt Fulham

A good Championship team, no more. They would likely get slaughtered in the Prem, just as we did, and just as Norwich are. They are streets ahead of us right now though.

Moltobueno

It just felt they were a lot more motivated playing against us.

SP

They'll continue to sell their players, can't see them being promoted this season.

Asotosyios

Quote from: SP on December 15, 2019, 05:43:13 PM
They'll continue to sell their players, can't see them being promoted this season.

They will and they will get other players. I think they are aiming/hoping to open their new stadium next year in the Premier League, that's why they spent in the summer for some players you would not really expect them to go for.

SP

The signing of Pontus the centre half from Leeds really surprised me.

Spirit of 2000

Our best two players were Rodak and the post. We were lucky not to lose 5-0. We're being over-run and you take off Stef Jo? Really Parker?? Brentford were decent but we made them look like world beaters - Parker was yet again out-done tactically by Thomas Frank.

To be fair to Brentford they ARE a very well run club, their recruitment policy could teach the Khan's a thing or three, constantly finding good young players & selling them at a profit whilst maintaining a new flow of players coming in to replace those.