watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts on his way then!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, January 14, 2020, 06:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Jordan Archer completes medical and about to sign.

filham

Then a Moderator had best remove that earlier U Tube clip of Archer letting in goals, it is bad for our state of mind.

sunburywhite

The transfer is delayed as they are looking for a pen

They handed one to Archer but he dropped it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobbo

0001.jpeg
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 14, 2020, 08:30:31 PM

0001.jpeg
1975 just leaving home full of hope

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 14, 2020, 08:30:31 PM

Betts wouldn't have caught it in the first place

cookieg

Quote from: filham on January 14, 2020, 06:27:43 PM
Then a Moderator had best remove that earlier U Tube clip of Archer letting in goals, it is bad for our state of mind.

I'm sure there is an equally dreadful clip of Betts' howlers.

The Rational Fan

We always had to sell a keeper this season to get some money, of course as Parker didn't give Fabri game time end of last year, beginning of this year and he didn't get game time at the new club, so we have to sell Betts.

FFP is designed so that whatever you put on the bench you'll probably keep and a team sells what it plays. I guess Bryan will leave too and we'll get MLM etc etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2020, 10:01:32 PM
We always had to sell a keeper this season to get some money, of course as Parker didn't give Fabri game time end of last year, beginning of this year and he didn't get game time at the new club, so we have to sell Betts.

FFP is designed so that whatever you put on the bench you'll probably keep and a team sells what it plays. I guess Bryan will leave too and we'll get MLM etc etc.

Are you positive, certain, convinced and satisfied that Fabri is actually a Bona fide Goalkeeper.
As what you are saying that your favourite Goalie Fabri, did not get game time at Fulham, and consequently did not get game time at his new club, perhaps it is because he is deemed not quite good enough to be a regular.
Betts has kept him out and now Rodak is keeping him out, and at his current club he has not redeemed himself.
Therefore, what does that tell you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Betts to West Ham,or Randolph to West Ham,and Betts to replace him at Middlesbrough.?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 06:23:17 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2020, 10:01:32 PM

Are you positive, certain, convinced and satisfied that Fabri is actually a Bona fide Goalkeeper.
As what you are saying that your favourite Goalie Fabri, did not get game time at Fulham, and consequently did not get game time at his new club, perhaps it is because he is deemed not quite good enough to be a regular.
Betts has kept him out and now Rodak is keeping him out, and at his current club he has not redeemed himself.
Therefore, what does that tell you.

I am satisfied that Fabri was actually a Bona fide Goalkeeper in 17/18, as I haven't seem him in training I don't know if he is now, I guess his coaches know something. We always had to sell a keeper this season to get some money, what I do know is because he's not playing we cannot sell Fabri for money because other clubs assume he is now rubbish and so we have to sell Betts.

What I don't know is if Fabri played last season after relegation, whether his performances would have been so bad that no one would have wanted him. But if he came in and got three clean sheets like Rico against Everton, Bournmouth and Cardiff a nice £5-10 million would have been offerred for him (i.e. enough for Bobby Reid transfer).

Of course, if our coaches didn't play Fabri cause he's one of shortest keepers around, they can be pleased know we own Jordan Archer whose the same height, but, unlike Fabri whose only bad statistics is his height, Jordan Archer has lots of statistics.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2020, 08:17:14 AM
We always had to sell a keeper this season to get some money

Why is this a necessity? You can have ~10 senior goalkeepers on the books if you so choose as long as the financial burden of the overall squad is conforming to FFP restrictions. Fabri is also out on loan and is presumably significantly less of a financial burden until his current spell expires at the end of the season.

Woolly Mammoth

I have not see Archer play, I only know his record, and for the record he is at least an inch taller than Fabri for what it's worth, and unlike Fabri he can catch the ball at its highest point, and can speak and understand English, whether it's Industrial or Cockney or the Queens.
So he is already ahead of Fabri before he has taken his first goal kick.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Still no word this Archer geezer has signed.

filham

Telegraph this morning suggesting Bets to West Ham.

Jim©

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
I have not see Archer play, I only know his record, and for the record he is at least an inch taller than Fabri for what it's worth, and unlike Fabri he can catch the ball at its highest point, and can speak and understand English, whether it's Industrial or Cockney or the Queens.
So he is already ahead of Fabri before he has taken his first goal kick.

Whilst the height thing isn't correct, I'm not entirely sure that you've seen Archer play. I doubt he'd make the saves that we saw Fabri make V Spurs last season. No comparison in my view, one is a quality keeper, one hasn't been retained by Oxford United.

junior white

Quote from: filham on January 15, 2020, 10:31:40 AM

This makes me assume the Randolph deal has fallen through

ByTheRiver

If we are receiving a decent fee, which I assume we must be, then I have no problem with this. I like Betts but, ultimately, Rodak has more than earned his place and the right to be given a chance (even if he does make a few errors at some point). We are still at the level where we will need to sell some players for profit, so selling one that is essentially backup, for a profit, makes sense. I'm sure Betts will not want to be backup either (or if so, backup at a prem club on higher wages potentially).

I think moving away from having two keepers of supposed similar standard would be good too. Certainly for the number 1 (in this case, Rodak). It's been like that since Swartz really and then you end up changing at least once a season and it helps no one really.

sarvenpa

Quote from: junior white on January 15, 2020, 10:40:37 AM

Sky Sports News
@SkySportsNews
·
10m
West Ham have re-signed goalkeeper Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11909086/west-ham-re-sign-darren-randolph-from-middlesbrough

junior white

Quote from: sarvenpa on January 15, 2020, 11:25:44 AM
Quote from: junior white on January 15, 2020, 10:40:37 AM

Sky Sports News
@SkySportsNews
·
10m
West Ham have re-signed goalkeeper Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough on a three-and-a-half-year deal.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11909086/west-ham-re-sign-darren-randolph-from-middlesbrough

yep happened 10 minutes after i posted.

Cant see why West Ham would want him now, they Have 4 keepers, unless they are selling or letting one go

charlieFFC

Here's a thread on Millwall forum (144 appearances for them). Doesn't make for great reading,

"I bet he can't believe his luck!"

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/archer-signs-for-fulham.40357/#post-589085