News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Offal : Fulham sign Kieron bowie (Merged)

Started by roberto w6, February 06, 2020, 01:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberto w6

Just seen we've signed him to join us in the summer. From Raith Rovers, young striker.

General

General

Kieron Bowie Signs
Thursday 6 February 2020 12:59
The Club are pleased to confirm the capture of highly-rated striker Kieron Bowie from Raith Rovers.

The 17-year-old joins Fulham in the summer as he continues to further his development with the Scottish League One side for the remainder of the season.

A local Kirkcaldy boy who used to attend Raith Rovers matches with his grandfather, Bowie has been a regular for Rovers this season, helping them to the top of League One and has amassed a total of ten goals and five assists in all competitions.

Upon signing his pre-contract with the club, Bowie expressed his delight at signing with Fulham and paid tribute to the support Raith have given him.

"The last year or so has been a whirlwind and dream to play and score in the first team. To now get the chance to join a club the size of Fulham is really exciting and a great opportunity to help progress my career.

I will be forever grateful for the chance the management team have given me, so it was really important for me to finish the season with Raith. Hopefully I can repay this by helping them win the league. I'm looking forward to joining Fulham for preseason and getting started."

Academy Director, Huw Jennings added: "We are delighted that Kieron will be joining Fulham in July. We were aware that a significant number of clubs were tracking him, and we moved very quickly last week to secure his services.

"Kieron is an exciting prospect, he is a commanding central striker for his age, he has an eye for goal and knows how to lead the line. He has an excellent temperament and is ideally suited to the Fulham way.

"We are indebted to Raith Rovers for their support in enabling Kieron and his family to visit our Motspur Park training ground last Friday to help confirm the deal for July. We will work closely with John McGlynn and his team of staff at Raith Rovers during the remainder of the season where Kieron will hopefully be able to help the club secure promotion to the SPFL Championship."

Raith Rovers manager John McGlynn shared his sentiment at working with the striker and highlighted the 'right fit' Fulham can provide.

"Everyone at Raith Rovers FC are delighted for Kieron who has agreed to join Fulham FC on 1st July. It has been a pleasure working and seeing Kieron develop so quickly, he has improved beyond all recognition in the last 12 months.

"We're also happy that Fulham have allowed Kieron to stay with us for the remainder of this season to continue his development. We feel it's a great opportunity for Kieron to join a club such as Fulham who have a great history and think it will be a good fit for him.

"We have already made contact with their coaching staff and look forward to working closely with them in the next few months. This connection could help us both in the future. We wish everyone at Fulham good luck in their challenge to get back to the Premier League."

Mince n Tatties

Kenny Dalgleish mark 2, he's been lauded as by some.
That's a burden to carry on his young shoulders.

mrmicawbers

Peabody

I wonder if he is related to a Jimmie Bowie, who was a inside forward for us in the early 1950s.

Fulham1959

Should go through defences like a knife through butter !

General

Quote from: fulhamross on February 06, 2020, 02:48:24 PM

How does that compare to other 17 year olds? Seems odd a striker would be a 1 (I believe the lowest score) at taking penalties.. Surely there's more substance than that.

MikeTheCubed

Haven't played Football Manager in years so for all I know it could have since changed, but the vast majority of youth players had randomised attributes (and potential).

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Peabody on February 06, 2020, 03:10:22 PM
I wonder if he is related to a Jimmie Bowie, who was a inside forward for us in the early 1950s.

No relation Mr P.Jimmie Bowie died 2000,this lads Grandad still alive.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 06, 2020, 01:58:51 PM
Kenny Dalgleish mark 2, he's been lauded as by some.
That's a burden to carry on his young shoulders.

Better then a John Watson mark 2

Russianrob

ByTheRiver

I think he's going to turn out to be a Starman. Bit of a (Space) Oddity though, this signing at this time.

Don't worry, I've got my coat and am heading for the door...

fulhamfan

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 06, 2020, 03:45:46 PM
Haven't played Football Manager in years so for all I know it could have since changed, but the vast majority of youth players had randomised attributes (and potential).
FM know their stuff. they wouldn't have randomised stats for a real player

jarv

Interesting statistics. some of the low scores you would expect from a raw 17 year old.  Wasn't Rodney Marsh 17 when he made hi debut?

bog

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 06, 2020, 03:17:33 PM
Should go through defences like a knife through butter !
Well at least I see what you did there!  :003:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

RaySmith

Or the Jean Genie - 'lives on his back.'

But hopefully he will have some of that Alamo spirit!