0 (0%)
Kongolo 🔁 81
1 (0.5%)
Kamara 🔁 90'
1 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Voting closed: February 10, 2020, 05:15:48 PM

Friendsoffulham

It's finished 1-0 at Ewood Park, decided by a single goal from Mitrovic on 65 minutes. An important 3pts for Fulham, so, who was your FOF MOTM v Blackburn Rovers and why? Let us know below..

filham

I have only heard the GJ commentary so will wait until I have seen some video recordings before I vote but from what I heard it could be Hector.

Hugh Gentry

For me it has to be Hector, he was a man-mountain today, intercepted everything, cool head, good distribution

love4ffc

Mitro for getting a small knock and seeing the match out to get us the goal but Hector a very close second as he only made one mistake and seemed to stop everything. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ByTheRiver

Hector. He was an absolute colossus. On the ground and in the air.

It was reminiscent of that infamous Dan Burn performance at home to Man Utd when they had 70 crosses or whatever. He must have headed 20 balls away. That's without the interceptions and reading of the game. Just wonderful.

Tabby

I'm more and more surprised how Hector isn't playing at a higher level each game. If only he could have joined in the summer.

Fulham 442

I watched the game. Definitely Hector MOTM for me. So composed on the ball and rarely passed back and therefore putting unnecessary pressure on Rodak.

One Martin Thomas

Hector ! It was a crap match & no one played that will but he is different gravy !

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Tabby on February 08, 2020, 06:38:12 PM
I'm more and more surprised how Hector isn't playing at a higher level each game. If only he could have joined in the summer.

Exactly what we were saying at the match ! We've needed a Hector type player for 4 or 5 seasons now ! We have our VanDyke

grandad

Hector for me. He has such a commanding influence. Oh how I wish we had him at the start of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Matt10

Has to be Hector. When Blackburn decided to drop Downing into their LB position, so he could send crosses in, Hector had to be super alert and literally was first to every cross. He stood up in 1v1 challenges as well, covered when we were caught out of position (which was rare).

Mince n Tatties

Hector...And a mention for K Mac as well.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 09, 2020, 05:28:27 AM

K Mac did well; but with the other two starting in midfield, I find our midfield a bit "slow" & "old man" ish ! Watching Forest, Leeds, Brentford they seem fitter and quicker than us .

It was not a good performance yesterday, but it was a clean sheet and a victory which is great & a great sign

davew

Hector for me, could be the next Virgil Van Dyke, impressive!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2020, 07:12:06 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 09, 2020, 05:28:27 AM

K Mac did well; but with the other two starting in midfield, I find our midfield a bit "slow" & "old man" ish ! Watching Forest, Leeds, Brentford they seem fitter and quicker than us .

It was not a good performance yesterday, but it was a clean sheet and a victory which is great & a great sign

I think it was one of our better performances in so far that we kept it together for the full game. Blackburn looked to have zero intention for anything but a goalless draw. They defended well, and we did good to open them up several times. Of course we could wish for more quality in deliveries, but playing wise this was way better than for example Huddersfield were us scoring three goals on three chances (in my opinion down to superior player quality, and nothing else) covered up the fact that we were sloppy from the start.

I agree though that it was likely not very entertaining for the neutral fan, but a very solid and professional performance. We'll win most of the remaining games if we keep this up, since most teams are not both as defensively disciplined and completely uninterested in attacking like Blackburn was yesterday. Especially if KMac kicks it up a notch as he is vital to our midfield performing, but looks a little rusty still.

filham

Seen some highlights now and Hector stands out enough to see is MOM.

Expecting more of the same from him on Wednesday against Millwall.

Spirit of 2000

Hector... exactly what we've needed at the back.  Bryan a close 2nd.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 09, 2020, 09:53:21 AM
Blackburn looked to have zero intention for anything but a goalless draw.

Now, we are difficult to score against expect a lot more teams aiming for goalless draws against us, including any team in the bottom half of the table or any team above us in the table not wanting us to catch them or any team that are happy with a point to get to the playoffs.