https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Bristol City 1-1 Fulham

Started by MaidenheadMick, March 07, 2020, 02:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: DevonFFC on March 07, 2020, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: andyk on March 07, 2020, 02:34:58 PM
Just a pity the three best chances fell to the same player.  There was only one team trying to win that game and we looked streets ahead of them.  Looks like play offs, but we have nothing to fear from them.

Really, they did us 2-1 and then held us to a draw... based on that we wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs

Then it was probably not based on that, because I believe most of us are familiar with the results? Maybe it was based on us being far superior today for example? Just a thought

bobbo

Quote from: OhConnah on March 07, 2020, 02:27:42 PM
I actually think that we played really well, but one sloppy moment in defense and inability to score up front obviously cost us the win. As far as transitional play and fluidity, I think we did very well.
totally agree . We did well.
Yet again poor referee .
Their goal a player offside as the ball comes i , although he doesn't touch it he impedes our defender trying to clear it, then it falls to wells who scores.
Then what about the challenge on cairney in the dying seconds , disgrace easy option taken by the ref .
They looked dangerous on the break but we were so superior overall. Slick speedy passing. We're very unlucky not to have got all 3 points.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

LittleErn

Just watched their goal. Ream just wasn't mobile enough to get to it.

grandad

Exciting game. Happy with our general performance. Yet another disgraceful ref. Gave BC every 50/50 & bottled the stonewall pen  The GK took away TC´s left leg & then grabbed the ball.
Where there's a will there's a wife

joemole

Still believe we need to play with a second striker. Anytime we were in or near the box, Mitro had 3 or 4 defenders all over him. Not only could not score, he never touched the ball. Would be a change in formation, but we can't score this way.

joef

I thought we were good today. By no means incredible but by no means end of days stuff. Take a point and keep going. I think we are playing better now than we have most of the season and some of our players are adding the resolve that has been missing so I am optimistic.

LittleErn

Why oh why do we struggle to score more than one? There is a time to be patient and it is not usually in front of their goal.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: joef on March 07, 2020, 02:48:53 PM
I thought we were good today. By no means incredible but by no means end of days stuff. Take a point and keep going. I think we are playing better now than we have most of the season and some of our players are adding the resolve that has been missing so I am optimistic.

One of the good takeaways from today's game is that we look a hell of a lot closer to a team that could compete well in the playoffs than we did a couple of months ago. Hector has been everything we were hoping for.

Worcesterwhite

A decent performance today, not a bad result, 9 more big performances needed

toshes mate

To stay optimistic one draw and nine wins ought to be enough for automatic promotion. 

I thought the oldies (from last season) did well today, but newbies not so well except for Arter who continues to provide the space and time Cairney needs to play well.  Kamara continues to show what a range of skills he has, and Kebano does enough to show his potential were he given a proper run in the side.  I agree with comments about the guy with the whistle who was badly impersonating a referee, although we only have to look at wasted chances to know why he was allowed to have an impact at all.  Kamara gets my MOTM although I expect Cairney will win it.  I thought their goalkeeper went through Cairney to get to the ball at the death and had it been Marek it would have been a red card and a penalty ...  so much for consistency though.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: OhConnah on March 07, 2020, 02:39:21 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 07, 2020, 02:31:02 PM
Bristol City are a really good side, this isn't the game that cost us automatic promotion. It was dropping 8 points against Luton and Barnsley. One thing is for sure and that is that Kamara must start.

Agreed on both accounts. AK47 is a DEADLY super sub though. Perhaps start Knockers and then rotate him and AK at the 50th?

He was good all game today. Kebano can play super sub.

FFC1987

Do people honestly think we were 'good' today? I thought we were ok, very disappointing in final third and particularly below par from Ivan and Reid who failed to show quality in final third again. I'm not normally too down after a draw away to Bristol but the aim is top 2 and we're again dangling the carrot and not closing the gap. Too many times we've done that now.

As always in isolation, not a bad result and not a terrible performance but a game we needed to win to put pressure on top 2 and we fall short again. Hence the frustration. Call it what you will, drama queen supporter, pessimist, overreaction but after some really poor results we needed to recoup with games like this, Millwall and some coming up but it's really hard to see that happening.

It'll be playoffs for us and a lottery outcome.

Bill2

Quote from: DevonFFC on March 07, 2020, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: andyk on March 07, 2020, 02:34:58 PM
Just a pity the three best chances fell to the same player.  There was only one team trying to win that game and we looked streets ahead of them.  Looks like play offs, but we have nothing to fear from them.

Really, they did us 2-1 and then held us to a draw... based on that we wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs
Haven't seen today's game but at the Cottage we outplayed them and were denied the most blatant penalty I have seen all season. Sounds very much like today's game. We have a tough run in but I bet no one is looking forward to playing us.

bobbo

Quote from: Dodgin on March 07, 2020, 02:34:49 PM
Cavaleiro is having a poor run of performances.
understatement, I dont want him to pull a Fulham shirt on for a while . He's quite poor at present.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ALG01

Whzt sort of ref is he?
Any othrr team it is a penalty coots delighted in not giving us fouls. Seen him before, just like halsey and poll, i am afraid they are completely dishonest in their dealings. Dreadful.

ALG01

Ps i thought we played really well and were a bit unlucky.

Mince n Tatties

Just watched Sky Highlights.
Bobby Reid should have put that header away,and Mitro was fuming he didn't square to him second half and instead chose to shoot.

Nero

Quote from: LittleErn on March 07, 2020, 02:45:54 PM
Just watched their goal. Ream just wasn't mobile enough to get to it.

He wasnt but there where many muck ups before then, Arter should have got it away but didnt it was a complete cluster duck of a goal to give away

colinwhite

colinwhite

Only disappointment today was Mitro.Very poor. Just complained all the time and didnt even get a sweat on.