more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Bristol City 1-1 Fulham

Started by MaidenheadMick, March 07, 2020, 02:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: colinwhite on March 07, 2020, 06:36:11 PM
Only disappointment today was Mitro.Very poor. Just complained all the time and didnt even get a sweat on.

Can´t blame Mitro when he is isolated & given no service from anyone. Constantly playing with his back to the goal & every time he did get the ball he was constantly grappled with
Where there's a will there's a wife

colinwhite

Isolated maybe. A big fan and not quick to criticise anyone,but today he needs to look himself in the mirror.

Mince n Tatties

Yes he was poor today,no mistake about that.

Luka

His contribution to general play doesn't live up to the hype, but goals count and he scores goals.

He is too good for this league but not good enough for the PL.
Today's performance was unfortunately par for the course.

Baszab

Just his presence caused so many problems for the opponents' defenders and makes so much space for others

Just a shame that Dec Reid's finishing was woeful

colinwhite

WolverineFFC

Quote from: LittleErn on March 07, 2020, 02:45:54 PM
Just watched their goal. Ream just wasn't mobile enough to get to it.

Gonna disagree.

Mitro missed the uncontested header in the middle of the box which threw everything off. Ream gets knocked down on a header then gets up and tries to scramble back across to contest Wells. Thought Ream didn't perform well overall on the day, but can't find a whole lot to fault him for on the goal. He was basically marking 2 players at that point.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 07, 2020, 02:42:44 PM
It's a real shame about our defending for their goal. 9 times out of 10 you get away with it but you can't take that chance, just get rid... Apart from that I can't fault the performance of any of the players today. Played some really exciting football and dominated a good team on their own pitch. An inspiring performance by our Captain, but it was the birthday boy Abou that stole the show. His best performance in a Fulham shirt that I can remember. His footwork was excellent and apart from one occasion passed or crossed at the right moment. Bristol were terrified of him. The good performance makes it even harder to take as it's easy to point the blame where it's due, but the team deserved all 3 points today. We were robbed by a soft referee, the sort of employee that would rather stare into space rather than work given the opportunity. Coward, thanks for nothing.

He was a poor referee.

I heard on the commentary that he was a VAR official for the Premier League. Turns out with some research he was the VAR official who screwed up during the Spurs-Chelsea match 2 weeks back where they announced his "human error" mid match with regard to LoCelso's stamp on Azpulicueta.

:031:

Statto

I've been trying for sometime now to find a bookie who'll let me bet, not on who the first scorer will be, but on which of our defenders they'll be standing closest to when they score. There's a fortune to be made just by sticking £100 on it being Ream every week. 

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2020, 10:12:05 PM

I've been trying for sometime now to find a bookie who'll let me bet, not on who the first scorer will be, but on which of our defenders they'll be standing closest to when they score. There's a fortune to be made just by sticking £100 on it being Ream every week. 
The Ream bash...was waiting for that.

SuffolkWhite

Admittedly I did not see all the game on tv but I thought it a decent point and unfortunate not to score more than we did. Main thing is I felt I saw a team out there today. Is that  beginning to click 🤣
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ScalleysDad

At the risk of dropping a huge brick in what has been a very still pond since the final whistle ......... the ref. He rightly booked Arter and followed 'procedure' in respect of the bookings he gave out to the City players, although I felt one of those was harsh. Offsides were offside although the debate regarding interfering/not interfering goes on and the last minute penalty claim barely raised a whimper amongst the players and TC and their keeper did not seem bothered at all. It was commented on behind me and I thought it to but the amount of falling over, excagerating contact or whining was incredible. One moment the likes of Mitro and AK were muscling their way past players and the next they are hitting the turf with lesser contact. Some of the drama was ignored and rightly so. If a referees assessor had any comment yesterday I think it ought to be a minus point for not penalising foul throws. Odoi will get pinged one of these days and it will probably cost us dearly knowing our luck.

clarkey

Ream is often closest to the scorer because he sees the danger and reacts. That goal was three players' fault and none of them was Ream.

Cairney played well, Arter too but Cav was useless. He needs resting. Kebano disappointing too, kicking ball away when we needed to get on with things...he is just basically thick.

We need to get Reid closer to Mitro, play as a out and out number 10, AK must start, and Stefan needs a start. Against Brentford we need to score a few, the defence will be tested.

WokingFFC

Quote from: clarkey on March 08, 2020, 11:22:13 AM
Ream is often closest to the scorer because he sees the danger and reacts. That goal was three players' fault and none of them was Ream.

I totally agree, I cannot believe people are blaming Ream for the goal. He gets up off the floor after making a challenge to then challenge Wells, whilst others stand there motionless and unaware he is marking two players. Amazing - why do we always have to find fault or blame someone - no one is perfect are they??

I still believe - COYW!

Statto

Quote from: clarkey on March 08, 2020, 11:22:13 AM

Would love to know who those three players besides Ream are. The missed opportunities to clear it fell to Arter, Ream, Cairney and Ream (again) in that order.

colinwhite

Ream is the obvious one to blame. He gets bullied at set-pieces too often. But at least he is trying to defend , Mitrovic misses the first ball ,which Ream heads leaving his man ,and Christie, Hector and Cairney all stand still for the second ball which is put back into reams zone. he tries to get up but doesnt have time to get to Wells. Think Tc got pushed the back but he and the others are too passive standing on their heels. fingers  will be pointed at lots of players for that goal and whilst his defending is poor at least Ream gave it all he had.

Matt10

Ream defended the header and had to generate as much power to where he was facing because Arter's flicked header just bounced up. As soon as Ream heads the ball he's pushed down to his knees. The ball gets sent right back into his direction and he springs back up to try to defend another header. I'd say that's fairly difficult regardless of how athletic you are. Not only in trying to generate power into a header, but being knocked down hard in the process, then being forced to attempt it again.

Here's the video of their goal, just pay attention to Ream.

https://streamable.com/n6oba

FulhamStu

AK did some great things but also gave the ball away a lot and had a mixed game totally normal for him and a reason he doesn't normally start.  Kebano was poor and made little impact.  Arter, Reid and esp Cairney were very good but Reid really has to score the header.  What stood out for me was our crossing, it was generally terrible and a reason why Mitro had a quiet game.

Matt10

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 08, 2020, 02:09:44 PM
AK did some great things but also gave the ball away a lot and had a mixed game totally normal for him and a reason he doesn't normally start.  Kebano was poor and made little impact.  Arter, Reid and esp Cairney were very good but Reid really has to score the header.  What stood out for me was our crossing, it was generally terrible and a reason why Mitro had a quiet game.

AK was actually pretty solid overall. If you scrub through the match replay to when he has the ball, it's actually exceptional. His dribbling in tight spaces, his passing, was very positive.

If I were to criticize one area is that it'd be his movement off the ball in the box. However, this applies to everyone. Our movement off the ball in those threatening areas need to be much better, and I believe it's why we're not capitalizing as often.

colinwhite

Mitro misses the first header un challenged and then stops defending , leaving his zone completely. The ball just hits Arter in my book ,but Christie and Hector like TC are ball watching and far too passive.