watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Bristol City 1-1 Fulham

Started by MaidenheadMick, March 07, 2020, 02:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Sunday league defending not for the 1st time this season. Our decision making in the final third is embarrassing

FFC1987

Wouldn't even blame the defence to be honest. Too many key players not turning up. Parker not brave or tactically astute enough to win key games. Overall just a really, really average side who do more things average or below than well. Frustrated  and dissappointed.

ChesterTheTabby

I actually think that we played really well, but one sloppy moment in defense and inability to score up front obviously cost us the win. As far as transitional play and fluidity, I think we did very well.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

colinwhite

Rubbish. Good point move on . Been reading that drivel all season

Mince n Tatties

Yes good performance let down by bad misses.
Reid scored lots for them but can't score for us very frustrating.

Bassey the warrior

Bristol City are a really good side, this isn't the game that cost us automatic promotion. It was dropping 8 points against Luton and Barnsley. One thing is for sure and that is that Kamara must start.

Mince n Tatties

Players to blame for not taking chances,nothing the manager can do about that.

I Ronic

Quote from: colinwhite on March 07, 2020, 02:29:04 PM

0001.jpeg

AnOldBrownie

9 GAMES LEFT.

And we should have had a penalty on their keeper.   

Anyway...be pessimistic.   I'll actually wait until it's actually true that we can't get auto before I pull my pants down for Leeds or West Brom.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 07, 2020, 02:31:53 PM
Players to blame for not taking chances,nothing the manager can do about that.

I couldn't agree more, once on the pitch they are 11 professionals. Surely they don't need to be told how to play for a win

Dodgin

Cavaleiro is having a poor run of performances.

andyk

Just a pity the three best chances fell to the same player.  There was only one team trying to win that game and we looked streets ahead of them.  Looks like play offs, but we have nothing to fear from them.

Twig

Every time we fail to win we are rubbish. Average side, playing average football... then why aren't we in an average position in our division?

Complete over reaction. A point away against a team challenging for the play offs is ok. Yes, there frustrations about the way we play but; automatic promotion gone, Parker not brave, average team etc. How about drama queen supporters?

ChesterTheTabby

I think we were great to watch today. Great passing, a lot of synchronization and fluidity, just an unfortunate time in front of goal. Wells' goal was super sloppy, they didn't deserve it, and we SHOULD have been the winners easily, but we were not. Scott picked the right team, I think we played nicely and professionally, and with 9 games to go we just need to continue to cement our 3rd place position, maybe sneak up on Leeds if they wobble, but stop moaning about autos and get behind the team for the final stretch of the season into the playoffs (hopefully).

RaySmith

We didn't take our many chances, but  well done for battling to save a point, and nearly win it.
TC stepped up to the plate.

There's still all to play for.
COYW!!!

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on March 07, 2020, 02:29:04 PM

For once I agree with you.
If anyone was expecting us to win all of our last 10 games, then yes they will be disappointed today. But the best we can realistically aim to do is win about 7 of them and hope one of the top 2 slip up. If either of them lose today, it's a point gained. If they both win, well then we were never going to catch them anyway.

Sting of the North

One of our better games, much better than Bristol (and they are a good team). Sometimes the rub of the green (and the ref) is not on your side, and lack of clinical finishing may cost you. Don't agree with the complainers at all about this game. Other than that the result is disappointing of course.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 07, 2020, 02:31:02 PM
Bristol City are a really good side, this isn't the game that cost us automatic promotion. It was dropping 8 points against Luton and Barnsley. One thing is for sure and that is that Kamara must start.

Agreed on both accounts. AK47 is a DEADLY super sub though. Perhaps start Knockers and then rotate him and AK at the 50th?

DevonFFC

Quote from: andyk on March 07, 2020, 02:34:58 PM
Just a pity the three best chances fell to the same player.  There was only one team trying to win that game and we looked streets ahead of them.  Looks like play offs, but we have nothing to fear from them.

Really, they did us 2-1 and then held us to a draw... based on that we wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs

Sgt Fulham

It's a real shame about our defending for their goal. 9 times out of 10 you get away with it but you can't take that chance, just get rid... Apart from that I can't fault the performance of any of the players today. Played some really exciting football and dominated a good team on their own pitch. An inspiring performance by our Captain, but it was the birthday boy Abou that stole the show. His best performance in a Fulham shirt that I can remember. His footwork was excellent and apart from one occasion passed or crossed at the right moment. Bristol were terrified of him. The good performance makes it even harder to take as it's easy to point the blame where it's due, but the team deserved all 3 points today. We were robbed by a soft referee, the sort of employee that would rather stare into space rather than work given the opportunity. Coward, thanks for nothing.