Main Menu

Guillermo Ochoa Close To Signing

Started by White Noise, November 18, 2010, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: MemoOchoa on November 19, 2010, 09:12:29 PM
Hes 6 feet..
Maradona even admitted him being the best keeper in all the Americas

Maybe, but I doubt he's better than Friedel or Howard...... or he would be in the Prem already.

SoCalJoe

I think Maradonna meant 'he's the best keeper on America'. He' 6 feet and 150 lbs (minus the hair).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

MemoOchoa

YankeeJim

I have watched the US play Mexico two dozen times over the years. I actually like to watch El Tri dispite my contempt for their ardido thing. I want to know what it will do for Fulham team unity when Dempsey jukes Salcido out of his jock and then beats the hairdo to the corner.  :yay: the next time we journey to Assteca.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tom

I hope this isn't true! Not impressed with this guy and we can do a lot better.  :tom:
Fulham for life!

Madai

Memo Ochoa is a hell of a Goalkeeper. Young kid too, The whole thing about him not playing in this years WC had nothing to do with his talent. His dumbass Coach Javier Aguierre played the favorite card. When he chose to play "Conejo" Perez over Ochoa. That was all about favoritism. "Conejo" and Coach Aguirre have been buds for many many years. He personally wanted Perez to have his last WC. Back to Ochoa, It would be a great transfer for Fulham. give him some time of course he needs to adjust. But He's a hell of a keeper. Also alot of people mention if he's so good why hasnt he transfered to Europe already? It all has to do with his former club America. Since a child Ochoa always wanted to play for club America. As he says that was his first love. but not its time to move on and I honestly wish him the best. Salcido and Ochoa. are a great addition to Fulham.

AmericanJames

Pure muppet, I can not stand him, may be a bit biased because i hate the tri colors as much as chelscum, but really he has to make acrobatic saves because he is always off his line, seems a bit over-excitable, and honestly he always seems to be a bit off his game when the game matters most like anytime he plays on US soil.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

White Noise

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=144971

Ochoa near Fulham, went to England

Denise Maerker

December 8, 2010

Made clear options for services azulcrema goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, are the Fulham of England where the Mexican military Carlos Salcido, the English is apparently a need for a goalkeeper.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The commentator, David Faitelson, said the goalkeeper of the Eagles of America, Guillermo Ochoa traveled to England, to approach negotiations involving him with English football.

Made clear options for the services of goalkeeper azulcrema are the Fulham of England where the Mexican military Carlos Salcido, the English is apparently a need for a goalkeeper.

For his part in "ESPN Radio Formula" reported that Ochoa is very close to reaching the European football, as there is progress in the negotiations to come out of Mexican football.

Also, Juan Carlos Padilla, a representative of the club, said there have been talks, which has taken them to take with caution, and confidentially, "because it is a very sensitive issue and have only been talks," he said.

Padilla said Fulham representing Latin America, including Mexico, "you've had talks but there is no formal way, I'm flying to London, because tomorrow (today) will have a meeting with all managers of Fulham, to give one step further in these talks and hopefully we can achieve a successful transfer to Memo Ochoa

It should be noted that Mexican goalkeeper out of America, the club could be without symbols, after the unfortunate accident in January, striker Salvador Cabanas.

Club America, in a statement, said Guillermo Ochoa traveled to England to attend the invitation made to Fulham and coach, Mark Hughes.

Our club, said the statement, has been in continual contact with Memo, who enjoy their holidays and therefore is aware of the invitation of the London club.

He said the club will watch the result of this invitation, and if that conduct a negotiation between America and Fulham, will be released once the same.

Guillermo Ochoa will report to Club America on Monday 13 December to carry out medical examinations in accordance with the planning of the preseason first team for the Clausura 2011.

On the other hand, the sports commentator Orvañanos Raul, spoke with the president of the Eagles of America, Michel Bauer, who told him that Guillermo Ochoa traveled to England with his agent Jorge Berlanga, to talk to the coach and managers Fulham regarding possible interest in becoming their services.

He said that talk, we will know if there is real interest, and if so, officially, the American club, initiate talks with the English club to let them know the number that calls on the Mexican goalkeeper.

FC Silver Fox

The thing I find most worrying about all these goalkeeper stories and keeper contract extensions over the past couple of months is that there is now a fairly good chance that David Stockdale will be poached away from us in the transfer window.  He has made great progress in the last year or so. He had a few games earlier in the season and performed well. He was also on the point of getting an England call-up.  His head is now firmly above the parapet and he will interest a number of premiership clubs who feel they can get him for a relatively small fee.
  We have a young English keeper with fantastic potential and we are likely to let him slip through our fingers while we toy with the idea of a Mexican or an aging, though brilliant, Aussie. The only way we are going to be able to keep Stockdale is for him to start getting some games in the first team and be helped by Mark Schwarzer to take over from him.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

AlFayedsChequebook

I woudn't worry just yet about Stockdales place at Fulham, we have to remember that Schwarzer is off on a jolly with Australia in Jan, so we need two goalkeepers, Stockdale presumably being no.1 and Ochoa no.2.

It will be in the summer when the real changes are made, maybe Hughes will flog Schwarzer after all.

FatFreddysCat

Bloody hell he looks a right nancy boy, He'd get battered if he came up against kevin Davies or Carrol. And as Frenchie says i'd like to see Englands number 1 Stockdale get a few more chances. A big  :046: from me.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 09, 2010, 09:22:08 AM
I woudn't worry just yet about Stockdales place at Fulham, we have to remember that Schwarzer is off on a jolly with Australia in Jan, so we need two goalkeepers, Stockdale presumably being no.1 and Ochoa no.2.

It will be in the summer when the real changes are made, maybe Hughes will flog Schwarzer after all.
Oh yeah i forgot about the Aussie going  :035:

LordNelson

Can we make a mandatory haircut part of his contract?
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Burt

HatterDon

While there's a great upside in this for Ochoa and his agent, I fail to see where there's an upside for us. We have Stockdale; we have Tha Big Aussie. Why look across the ocean for a sub-standard 'keeper? Makes no sense, especially when you realize that he was only ever linked with Fulham when it was a dead cert that Schwarzer was Arsenal-bound.

Lazy reportage as usual.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on December 09, 2010, 02:51:03 PM
While there's a great upside in this for Ochoa and his agent, I fail to see where there's an upside for us. We have Stockdale; we have Tha Big Aussie. Why look across the ocean for a sub-standard 'keeper? Makes no sense, especially when you realize that he was only ever linked with Fulham when it was a dead cert that Schwarzer was Arsenal-bound.

Lazy reportage as usual.

Is it lazy reporting when his club have confirmed that he is coming to train with Fulham?

Mr Fulham

He's currently at Motspur Park for negotiations. Rumoured price: 6-7.5m GBP.

:58:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 09, 2010, 03:45:39 PM

Where is that rumour from? that fee is madness when we need a striker!!!!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 09, 2010, 03:48:05 PM

http://www.record.com.mx/mexicanosenelextranjero/2010-12-09/memo-ochoa-firmara-con-el-fulham

10-12m $ = 6,5 - 8m quid.

Quotes from Juan Carlos Padilla, Fulham's representative in Mexico.

According to that source, he's likely to join us in June, when his America-contract expires.*

*I'd like to remind you that there's no bosman rule in Mexico! :wink:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on December 09, 2010, 03:56:11 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 09, 2010, 03:48:05 PM

http://www.record.com.mx/mexicanosenelextranjero/2010-12-09/memo-ochoa-firmara-con-el-fulham

10-12m $ = 6,5 - 8m quid.

Quotes from Juan Carlos Padilla, Fulham's representative in Mexico.

According to that source, he's likely to join us in June, when his America-contract expires.*

*I'd like to remind you that there's no bosman rule in Mexico! :wink:

Why is there no Bosman in Mexico?