watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Guillermo Ochoa Close To Signing

Started by White Noise, November 18, 2010, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

ESPN are reporting that a deal to sign Mexican keeper Guillermo Ochoa is 90% done.

Does anyone know anything about him?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on November 18, 2010, 08:58:46 AM
ESPN are reporting that a deal to sign Mexican keeper Guillermo Ochoa is 90% done.

I know he is good on football manager.

Seriously I know the likes of Man United and Arsenal have been after him in the past, so he must have something going for him...

We need a mexican correspondant.

White Noise

FulhamComentarios

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1175131&s=mex&type=story&campaign=rss&source=ESPNdeportesPortada

Enviar Ochoa could go to a friend

ESPNdeportes.com

Memo Ochoa spoke of the series against San Luis

MEXICO CITY - Mexican selected American goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa could play next season in the Premier League Fulham.

According to sources close to the American player, the talks are advanced by 90 percent and could play his last game with the yellow jersey in the league.

The information collated by up to two sources, shows that Guillermo Ochoa has a serious offer only computer that currently with another Mexican: Carlos Salcido.

Although the supply of Fulham exists another in the table Coapa institution, without knowing the team gave the most interesting and convenient for the moment is that of the Cottagers.

In recent years, reports that Guillermo Ochoa became the first Mexican goalkeeper to play abroad have been constant. From Racing de Santander to Milan via the Manchester United, which was even talk of a transfer of $ 15 million, are the teams where they have located the goalkeeper, who this time come to Fulham, which has made all the procedure for acquiring the selected.

LRCN

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 18, 2010, 09:28:58 AM
Quote from: White Noise on November 18, 2010, 08:58:46 AM

I know he is good on football manager.

haha, that's exactly what i thought. mind, the last footy manager wonderkid we signed was eddie johnson and look how that turned out...

epsomraver

Who do you believe?

Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer could be on his way to Arsenal in January after Fulham's successful efforts in finding a replacement in Espanyol and Cameroon star Carlos Kameni.
Full story: imscouting.com

SoCalJoe

a Big NO THANKS

This guy is more concerned with his perm and headband than his craft. The El Tri fans I know can't stand him (granted most of them are Chivas fans which is the arch-rvial of Ochoa's Club America, but even the America fans were down on him in the summer). He has a great management team behind him since you can't watch Galavision or Telemundo without seeing his mug endorsing something. During the WC, he was doing shampoo, Toyota, Bud Light, etc commercials and he never got out of his warmups. The laughable thing is El Tri have been trying to give him the number 1 jersey for years and he can't grab hold of it. He was so bad in qualifying they went back to El Conejo "The Rabbit" Perez who is 5' 2" and 58 years old (only slightly joking). He is athletic, but one mistake and he'll fold like a tent. Mentally he is the opposite of Salcido, who is one tough hombre. Think of the Spuds GK Gomes, but only worse. I can't stress enough that this guy is not cut out to be anything more than a backup.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

sipwell

Quote from: SoCalJoe on November 18, 2010, 04:20:13 PM
a Big NO THANKS

This guy is more concerned with his perm and headband than his craft. The El Tri fans I know can't stand him (granted most of them are Chivas fans which is the arch-rvial of Ochoa's Club America, but even the America fans were down on him in the summer). He has a great management team behind him since you can't watch Galavision or Telemundo without seeing his mug endorsing something. During the WC, he was doing shampoo, Toyota, Bud Light, etc commercials and he never got out of his warmups. The laughable thing is El Tri have been trying to give him the number 1 jersey for years and he can't grab hold of it. He was so bad in qualifying they went back to El Conejo "The Rabbit" Perez who is 5' 2" and 58 years old (only slightly joking). He is athletic, but one mistake and he'll fold like a tent. Mentally he is the opposite of Salcido, who is one tough hombre. Think of the Spuds GK Gomes, but only worse. I can't stress enough that this guy is not cut out to be anything more than a backup.

Now that you mention it: the Rabbit was a plain awful keeper in the WC. If he can't beat him for a first spot on the Mexican team, then surely he can't be a good replacement for either Schwarzer or young Stockdale.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

VicHalomsLovechild

Perhaps the thinking behind this deal, is so we have someone who can shout out "get back here" in Mexican when Salcido goes bombing on for goal!

Whiteroom

He certainly makes things look athletic. I had the feeling the Schwarz would have made a few of those look routine. Maybe I'm being ultra critical.

LRCN

dude you heard any more about this in mexico other than the espn thing?

duffbeer

yeah he can come so far off his line cause those vids arent in slow mo.  Mexican game is ssssslllllloooooowwww

AlFayedsChequebook

Hello MemoOchoa, are you his agent?  :005:

Interesting that we have one (mexican?) defending him and two Americans slating him...

Whiteroom

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 19, 2010, 09:41:13 AM
Hello MemoOchoa, are you his agent?  :005:

Interesting that we have one (mexican?) defending him and two Americans slating him...

I was about to post almost exactly the same question! This guy seems pretty keen!

ToodlesMcToot

Gotta say that I'm not too keen on this move. He's certainly and acrobatic keeper and a good keeper. But making that fit in the context of the Premier League, I believe will be a problem.

IMO he's not an imposing figure in the box and I believe he'd have problems with crosses and the physicality of the league. It's something I think he could possibly overcome. Personally, I wouldn't mind getting him and loaning him out to a lower league to see if he's up to it.

He definitely shouldn't be an immediate replacement for Schwartzer.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

He is not coming and is certainly no first team replacement. He looks too short.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 19, 2010, 04:48:07 PM
He is not coming and is certainly no first team replacement. He looks too short.

What like shay given?

LordNelson

When he is on, he is en fuego.  :014:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

MemoOchoa

Hes 6 feet..
Maradona even admitted him being the best keeper in all the Americas