watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Now we talking...Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Kongolo and Reed, that woudl have our Def and Mid rapped up for the season 076.gif 076.gif 076.gif 076.gif around 45m?

Whitestone

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 11, 2020, 11:10:12 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 11, 2020, 11:00:03 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12377246/fulham-calum-chambers-arsenal-12m-survival/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
For those of us that don't want to give the s*n a click?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chambers was a shining light in what for me was probably the most forgettable season ever. I really dont want to relive it again. I can see why Chambers would be considered as a suitable signing, player of the year etc. There are issues that would concern me if we went back. Firsly he was  signed to partner Mawson as a centre back on our return to the Prem. That didn't work out and by a fluke IMO he moved into midfield and did a half decent job, albeit his passing was abysmal. That coupled with the fact that he is returning from cruciate ligament injury makes this a big no from me. We must surely have learnt something from the Mitroglu/Mawson signings ?

Deeping_white

Have we all forgotten how inept he was when we played away at Cardiff? A square peg in a round hole in midfield as well, I'd rather take a punt on someone foreign than spend £12m on someone who was poor at CB and RB and costs more than Reed who is actually a defensive midfielder by nature and not shoehorned into the role.

Deeping_white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on August 11, 2020, 11:17:46 PM
Now we talking...Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Kongolo and Reed, that woudl have our Def and Mid rapped up for the season 076.gif 076.gif 076.gif 076.gif around 45m?

Arsenal want £30m for Maitland-Niles so by the time you add up Reed and the £12m for Chambers, you're at £50m before considering the cost of Kongolo. Granted it's less of a waste of money than it could be, but still I think you could spend £50m more effectively

Tabby

Kongolo is rumoured to be a loan. Maitland Niles is a non starter I think, will probably go to a more established PL club.

cmg

Kongolo.

I'm sure he's a good player and may well be a useful acquisition (if, indeed, we do acquire him) but for a player who played just 92 minutes for us, and 83 of those in a 0-4 stuffing, he seems to get a great deal of love on here.

He had a few outings for Netherlands a while back, had quite a few injuries at Feyenoord, seemed one of the better players in a very poor PL outfit and has spent the most part of the last year either on the bench or injured.

Am I missing something?

Woolly Mammoth

Definitely take Calum Chambers he has the right quality's mentally for a scrap, Scott Parker knows the kind of players that will put their bodies on the line.
As for Khan junior saying we won't be spending 100k this time, well it wasn't we who spent it, it was him who chucked it down the drain. Then he goes and coates Ryan Sessegnon as though it was his fault we went down.
The owners son is a real arrogant piece of work.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 11, 2020, 11:26:19 PM
Have we all forgotten how inept he was when we played away at Cardiff? A square peg in a round hole in midfield as well, I'd rather take a punt on someone foreign than spend £12m on someone who was poor at CB and RB and costs more than Reed who is actually a defensive midfielder by nature and not shoehorned into the role.

He was our player of the season. Reckon 1 dodgy performance was backed up with some more decent ones.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 11, 2020, 11:48:53 PM

He was our player of the season. Reckon 1 dodgy performance was backed up with some more decent ones.

So are you going to play him in the holding midfield role over Reed then, assuming we sign him as TK has alluded to? He proved he wasn't good enough as a defender last time round,  so we'd be signing a defender to play in midfield which seems a waste of £12m if I'm honest and also seems like we'd be making the same mistakes by getting the relegation squad back together

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 12, 2020, 12:33:54 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 11, 2020, 11:48:53 PM

THIS
So are you going to play him in the holding midfield role over Reed then, assuming we sign him as TK has alluded to? He proved he wasn't good enough as a defender last time round,  so we'd be signing a defender to play in midfield which seems a waste of £12m if I'm honest and also seems like we'd be making the same mistakes by getting the relegation squad back together

St Eve

FulhamKC

Before he got Hurt, was Chambers playing CB for Arsenal and, if so, how did he do? That seems more relevant than how he played for us in defense two years ago.

AnOldBrownie

Meh.   Doubt the story is true.   We have more urgent positions to address with that 12 million.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 12, 2020, 03:26:30 AM
Meh.   Doubt the story is true.   We have more urgent positions to address with that 12 million.

We have six midfielders in the current squad signed for next season plus S.Sess and Reid if needed, so we have the number of players required there. In terms of the quality of players, assuming no one that's signed leave, the squad still needs at least two defenders (FB and CB), one forward (CF) and in addition either resign or replace Odoi.

SuffolkWhite

The Chambers possibility is interesting as it would have SP's approval all over it. I think we have to give SP credit where signing players comes in to it. Look at what he has done with Onamah.  We will have a tough battling side with the right mentality. I still think we need another Striker as much as we need a CB.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

Like Chambers a lot but been out with knee injury since December, him and Kongolo been injured.
We don't need another Mawson affair.

Mince n Tatties

Fulham have joined Brighton,WBA and Nottingham Forest in pursuit of Dundee United striker Lawrence Shankland.

Deuce

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 12, 2020, 07:30:54 AM
Fulham have joined Brighton,WBA and Nottingham Forest in pursuit of Dundee United striker Lawrence Shankland.
Probably not true as TK doesnt seem to think we need another striker (which I agree with)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deuce on August 12, 2020, 07:48:51 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 12, 2020, 07:30:54 AM
Probably not true as TK doesnt seem to think we need another striker (which I agree with)

Yes probably your right,but the topic is about Rumours and Gossip.