more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river phoenix

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on September 23, 2020, 11:29:25 PM
Not a fan of this Marlon fella tbh, just a short list of issues I have with him:

He's simply not good enough, for starters, he's not an upgrade on anything
He's too young and inexperienced
He's too old to develop further
He doesn't have PL experience
Etc, etc

Too young but too old to develop further at 25?

Centre-backs with PL experience would cost 50 mil (Tarkowski for example).

Let`s give fella a chance to shine. Some lad called Aaron Hughes didn`t get many pros when Roy signed him back in the day.

junior white

Quote from: river phoenix on September 24, 2020, 07:37:44 AM
Not a fan of this Marlon fella tbh, just a short list of issues I have with him:

Etc, etc

Let`s give fella a chance to shine. Some lad called Aaron Hughes didn`t get many pros when Roy signed him back in the day.
I think he was posting an ironic joke reply to the previous post that i also took to be a joke

Mince n Tatties

absenteeism

Abola say Luis going to Monaco today

A shame as I wonder how much time was spent trying to get him

Good effort from the recruitment  and onto the next one

river phoenix

Quote from: junior white on September 24, 2020, 07:42:47 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on September 24, 2020, 07:37:44 AM

Etc, etc

I think he was posting an ironic joke reply to the previous post that i also took to be a joke

Hmm, maybe. My bad if that`s a case.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: absenteeism on September 24, 2020, 08:44:53 AM

I agree, I think he would have been a wonderful signing and an upgrade on Reed. 

FFC In Oz

Quote from: @jolslover on September 24, 2020, 09:10:41 AM
Good video on Marlon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ9vk7tpw8c&t

Thanks for that, that strike against Bologna was magnificent! 

There was some solid 1 on 1 defence in there too.

Deeping_white

Quote from: absenteeism on September 24, 2020, 08:44:53 AM

Only problem I have with missing out on Florentino is that we need a DM still because I think Lemina will be used in a box to box role, meaning that we've only got Reed to play in that position. I really hope we don't sign Amartey as a replacement because he's a proper clogger and I'd rather we just kept Stef

dfwilson84

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 24, 2020, 09:24:00 AM
Good video on Marlon

I never read too much into highlight reels. Imagine one you could do on Odoi! You could make him look like the best defender in the world with skills, forward runs, tackles etc.

fulhamben

Quote from: dfwilson84 on September 24, 2020, 09:59:30 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 24, 2020, 09:24:00 AM
Good video on Marlon

I never read too much into highlight reels. Imagine one you could do on Odoi! You could make him look like the best defender in the world with skills, forward runs, tackles etc.
yep, and this highlight reel makes him look like he spends more time up the pitch than hecter does. Would be better off watching him in a 90 min game to get a better gauge of his ability.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

When are people going to latch on to the fact that Like Big Mac  Stef Jo is no longer a ninety minute Premiership player. Moments of brilliance yes but there are plenty of players in the Championship who can do that. That's where StefJo should be
As for Seri last night . Five minutes of involvement then a lot of pointing and square or backward passing before doing a disappearing act.
Sell him fast!!

sarvenpa

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on September 24, 2020, 10:35:49 AM
As for Seri last night . Five minutes of involvement then a lot of pointing and square or backward passing before doing a disappearing act.
Sell him fast!!

Agree!

70sPimlico

When are people going to latch on to the fact

Is a really pompous way to start a post.

Cant last 90 minutes? He's a 29 year old International athlete.

70sPimlico

When are people going to latch on to the fact that Like Big Mac  Stef Jo is no longer a ninety minute Premiership player. Moments of brilliance yes but there are plenty of players in the Championship who can do that. That's where StefJo should be
Sell him fast!!

Click bait

WestSussexWhite

Ivorwasgod

Deeping_white

Since 2018 Amartey has had a 3 month lay off from a hamstring injury and then required surgery on his ankle so was out for about 7 months, added to the fact he's not very good. If we sign him as a CB I really don't see the point, and if we sign him as a DM we're also a bit stuffed because he's just not very good. Even at €4m I fail to see the value

bencher

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 24, 2020, 12:00:59 PM
Since 2018 Amartey has had a 3 month lay off from a hamstring injury and then required surgery on his ankle so was out for about 7 months, added to the fact he's not very good. If we sign him as a CB I really don't see the point, and if we sign him as a DM we're also a bit stuffed because he's just not very good. Even at €4m I fail to see the value

We've lacked a DM in the squad that doesn't really play at all since Cisse left us so perhaps he's earmarked for that role? More seriously, we all expect KMac to leave, and that leaves us with only Reed as a DM. Amartey may or may not be better than Reed (and on paper at least you'd probably say he is better), but we will need a second DM one way or another. 4 million Euros for a DM that is an international and has played 46 games in the PL at a decent team and is only 25 is a pretty decent deal.

jelmo

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 24, 2020, 12:00:59 PM

True. But part of me thinks that we are making signings that won't bankrupt us during these uncertain times (as we are most likely to go down). Also, Amartey will probably be one of the better players in the championship (as he is at the level where he will stick with us if/when we do go down). To be honest.... The only player whois currently a nailed on starter for us that would definitely leave if we go down is Anguissa. SO I suppose we are making signings not just for this year, but next year as well...

With our current team, we would most probably walk the championship next year. That will be more fun than trying to scrape draws each week in the Premier league.

Thats my (semi) positive spin on this one.