watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 64 Million Dollar question for me !

Started by Riversider, June 21, 2020, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Well, their  well created chance went in, while our well created chances hit the bar or were saved.

Not much to choose between the teams, but i thought we had the more clear cut chances during most of the game.
You also have to remember the  impact of the break - as shown on all team and results since the return.

As it was, on another day this would have ended in a draw or a win for us.

Brentford did get lucky, though they are a decent team and matched us -we are a decent team too, though maybe not superior to everyone else in playing strength, as many seem to claim.

On to the next game at Leeds: still all to play for, and the pressure is on them at home, and in their position, and with their recent history, and after losing to Cardiff - will Leeds fall apart again?

filham

I can't see us beating Brentford in the play offs. I see we had but four shots on target on Saturday, that would be the three headers from Mitro and the shot that hit the woodwork from Reid, if that is the best we can do in 90 minutes at the Cottage then I cannot see us scoring in another 90 minutes at the Cottage and certainly not at Griffin Park.
Start thinking of a 0-5 aggregate over two legs.
As for a match in the wide open spaces of Wembley , we would be looking dead on our heels after 90 minutes.

Sorry to be so full of pessimism but our lack of attacking threat is not helping confidence.

RaySmith

Four good chances - if only one  had gone in, it could have made all the difference.

I don't think there is real  evidence that the scenario you envisage will come true.
Brentford  didn't have any more of an attacking threat than us - in fact, we looked most likely to score.

A lot of the game is  psychological, and i would hope that the players have a  more positive mindset than many fans  on here, or we really are  doo - med

FFC1987

Was Reid hitting the bar a sitter or a half chance? I thought from the angle etc he'd of done extremely well to finish from there. Not a lot else was that worthy of note in terms of creation.

RaySmith

But better chances than Brentford - Mitro did well to get his head on the end of, and one would have gone in on another day, and with a lesser keeper - until they scored with two minutes to go.

FFC1987

Quote from: RaySmith on June 22, 2020, 07:37:09 PM
But better chances than Brentford - Mitro did well to get his head on the end of, and one would have gone in on another day, and with a lesser keeper - until they scored with two minutes to go.

They essentially scored a tap in so that's not true.