https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic...anybody else angry with him?

Started by davew, June 29, 2020, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 29, 2020, 06:22:19 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on June 29, 2020, 06:17:51 PM
Not angry, just thought it was silly. Anger is too much of a theme in the world right now - leave it out of my club.

Nothing wrong with being angry...I'd birch him.😣

There's been a lot wrong with being angry, but if it motivates someone to do something positive - so be it.

Mitro is banned, it's done and over with - no point in sulking and being angry, so I'm moving on. Personally, looking forward to seeing how our club does without Mitro for 3 matches because if we perform well it will shows that we don't just rely on him anymore. This a character defining moment, and will be a key test for all involved.

St Eve

More upset that we have no plan B. No idea where Kamara is and we have no other forward. We cant seem to score with him in the team these days so the outlook is grim

Statto

Don't buy any of these conspiracy theories either. He was just well up for it and wanted to get in their players' faces IMO. Knockaert stamped on one of them as well. Parker had clearly told the players to go and fight and rattle them. And it would have worked had it not been for their soft goal against the run of play. The fact is Mitro does this sort of thing several times every game and generally he gets a booking at worst. Unfortunately this time he was just a little too heavy-handed and it was in a televised game, when the ref wasn't looking.

Bill2

Has he apologised at all. I am sorry it was a stupid thing to do and he should have apologised to the fans and supporters.

YankeeJim

To me our attack has become more and more one dimensional as the season has gone on. All we do is bounce the ball around the center of the pitch until we can get a ball into Mitro and than everyone stands flat footed to see what Mitro does. No follow up and no assistance to him in the attack. Maybe now, Paeker will actually have the lads try something different.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

colcliff

Stupid thing to do so early in the game it could easily have been a sending off
Everyone knows that when you have a younger player you try to intimidate them but to elbow someone so blatantly is Crazy
He has been one of our better players this season and with Kamara missing this could not have come at a worse time, but I think we have become predicable and people are starting to believe stop Mitro and Fulham have problems,
So this may call for a change of tactics which may just work out well (we can but hope)

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2020, 06:59:50 PM
Don't buy any of these conspiracy theories either. He was just well up for it and wanted to get in their players' faces IMO. Knockaert stamped on one of them as well. Parker had clearly told the players to go and fight and rattle them. And it would have worked had it not been for their soft goal against the run of play. The fact is Mitro does this sort of thing several times every game and generally he gets a booking at worst. Unfortunately this time he was just a little too heavy-handed and it was in a televised game, when the ref wasn't looking.

Damnit, Statto, I'm agreeing with you more and more lately. This is exactly where my thought was as well. As a former striker (and not a big one), I would make my presence felt immediately - whether it be pushing a big centre back down or slightly stepping on their boots. You get away with it most of the time, but this time Mitro's was plain as day and in the clear with no ther bodies around.

alfie

Quote from: Matt10 on June 29, 2020, 07:18:50 PM

Damnit, Statto, I'm agreeing with you more and more lately. This is exactly where my thought was as well. As a former striker (and not a big one), I would make my presence felt immediately - whether it be pushing a big centre back down or slightly stepping on their boots. You get away with it most of the time, but this time Mitro's was plain as day and in the clear with no ther bodies around.
W
One of the favourite things we told players to do was stand on keepers feet at corners, very hard for ref to see, bit naughty, but I used to think, if keepers can come jumping out with feet and fists flying everywhere, giving a little back is ok.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: Matt10 on June 29, 2020, 07:18:50 PM

Agree with all this too. Yes, disappointed is my feeling but the guy has been fantastic for us. And no, I don't buy the conspiracy theories either. It will certainly be interesting to see how we set up and how play over the next few games.

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 29, 2020, 06:35:14 PM
Clearly frustration takes its toll. But shows a lack of professionalism and in the end only does harm to the side and the chances of success. More disappointed than angry.
Of course, but the point is after 2 minutes why does he lose his head, he didn´t look angry when he elbowed the guy, more to this than we think?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 29, 2020, 07:08:39 PM
To me our attack has become more and more one dimensional as the season has gone on. All we do is bounce the ball around the center of the pitch until we can get a ball into Mitro and than everyone stands flat footed to see what Mitro does. No follow up and no assistance to him in the attack. Maybe now, Paeker will actually have the lads try something different.
/quote]And now we have no quality attacking players available who can score goals, what are Parker´s options now?

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on June 29, 2020, 06:57:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 29, 2020, 06:22:19 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on June 29, 2020, 06:17:51 PM
Not angry, just thought it was silly. Anger is too much of a theme in the world right now - leave it out of my club.

Nothing wrong with being angry...I'd birch him.😣

There's been a lot wrong with being angry, but if it motivates someone to do something positive - so be it.

Mitro is banned, it's done and over with - no point in sulking and being angry, so I'm moving on. Personally, looking forward to seeing how our club does without Mitro for 3 matches because if we perform well it will shows that we don't just rely on him anymore. This a character defining moment, and will be a key test for all involved.
Agreed Matt but I fear the worst, 7th place looming, sorry to be negative!

Artful Dodger

Is Kamara available tomorrow? He did alright against QPR last time!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Bill2

Quote from: davew on June 29, 2020, 08:15:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 29, 2020, 06:35:14 PM
Clearly frustration takes its toll. But shows a lack of professionalism and in the end only does harm to the side and the chances of success. More disappointed than angry.
Of course, but the point is after 2 minutes why does he lose his head, he didn´t look angry when he elbowed the guy, more to this than we think?
I was just thinking that.

Finnans Right Peg

I'm more frustrated than anything because he is now missing for three games when we need him most and also if he had got a red card after 2 mins the game would have been over I know we lost anyway but thats not the point .

Also if arter or knockheart or christie had done this we would be locking them up for their own protection but because its mitro its ok

bigalffc

Not angry, the mans a stalwart for Fulham. I don't understand his actions though and I am disappointed.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Statto

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 29, 2020, 09:26:59 PM
he is now missing for three games when we need him most

Really?
The last couple of matches were important because they were our last chance of making the top 2.
In a few weeks time we may have some more important games - the play-offs.
But the next three games are not important.

Robbie

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Robbie on June 29, 2020, 10:38:59 PM
Need a win tomorrow for the playoffs.

We don't need to win any of the next three games to make the playoffs. If we get 3 draws, we would be 67 points, and for us to be seventh by then Preston or Derby need to win the next three games. Preston is on a losing steak of five games, while Derby is facing Preston, Forest, and WBA.

When Mitrovic returns we will be in the top six. We need "Mitro on Fire" with some coring ability around him, as "if we win the last seven games of the season, then we are in the premier league".

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2020, 10:29:14 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 29, 2020, 09:26:59 PM
he is now missing for three games when we need him most

Really?
The last couple of matches were important because they were our last chance of making the top 2.
In a few weeks time we may have some more important games - the play-offs.
But the next three games are not important.

:plus one:

Could also be easier to keep him for next season if he keeps this up...less likely someone will splash out £££ on a liability...