more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic...anybody else angry with him?

Started by davew, June 29, 2020, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Here's a stat for you...

In terms of points per game, if we play the next seven games like Barnsley (24th) and Preston play like Leeds (1st) they still won't catch us. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 30, 2020, 12:36:07 AM
Here's a stat for you...

In terms of points per game, if we play the next seven games like Barnsley (24th) and Preston play like Leeds (1st) they still won't catch us.

Even in our worst run of seven games this season, we still got 7 points (2 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses). If we got seven points, Fulham would be on 71 points.

Two of the below teams need to get (ore exceed) 71 points to threaten us:

• Cardiff needs 11 out of 21 points, they could reach playoffs and may stop Derby.
  • Derby needs 14 out of 21 points, tough draw but form indicates they could reach playoffs.
  • Preston needs 14 out of 21 points, haven't won any of their last five games so unlikely.
  • Blackburn needs 15 out of 21 points, lost to Wigan last game and will play Leeds /WBA.
  • Swansea needs 15 out of 21 points, lost to Luton last game and will play Leeds/Forest.
  • Milwall needs 16 out of 21 points, dropped 5 points in last two games and will drop more.
  • Bristol needs 16 out of 21 points, dropped 6 points in last two games and will drop more.
  • Wednesday needs 19 out of 21 points, any loss ends the season and next game WBA.

Cardiff and Derby are the only two teams that can reach 71 points.
For Derby to get 71 points, they will have to beat Preston and Birmingham plus against the five teams above them (Leeds, WBA, Brentford, Forest, and Cardiff) get 8 out of 15 points.
In order to eliminate Fulham, Cardiff would also have to go on a winning run. Although if Cardiff winning steak included beating Derby; then Derby must get 8 points against WBA, Leeds, Brentford, and Forest almost impossible.

If we got less than seven points, which is probably enough to make the playoff semi-final comfortable, but our form would be "2 wins and 5 losses" or "1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses" and I doubt anyone has been promoted with that form.

In reality, Fulham gets seven points then we are in the playoffs and can get promoted. If we get six points, we are still in the playoffs, but have no chance of winning them anyway.

In conclusion, the next seven games are pre-playoff practice games as we can only miss out on the playoffs if everyone is kicking us and we won't win them then anyway. We need to find a winning combination in the next three games and perfect it over the next four practice games.

kiwian

Parker muttered/mumbled something about AK not being ready, or words to that effect, bugger.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: kiwian on June 30, 2020, 05:03:23 AM
Parker muttered/mumbled something about AK not being ready, or words to that effect, bugger.

Once Kamara and Mawson come back they will be injured again in another seven games, save them for the home stretch of the last seven games including the playoffs when Mitrovic comes back.

I Ronic

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 29, 2020, 09:26:59 PM
I'm more frustrated than anything because he is now missing for three games when we need him most and also if he had got a red card after 2 mins the game would have been over I know we lost anyway but thats not the point .

Also if arter or knockheart or christie had done this we would be locking them up for their own protection but because its mitro its ok

Have to agree with.the above. As it was so early in the game.I wondered if it was payback for something previous?
Anyone remember Andy Johnson getting flattened in an early round of the Europa?  Roy had to change things after and that lead to a great season. I'm praying this happens again.

rebel

Quote from: I Ronic on June 30, 2020, 07:28:15 AM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 29, 2020, 09:26:59 PM
I'm more frustrated than anything because he is now missing for three games when we need him most and also if he had got a red card after 2 mins the game would have been over I know we lost anyway but thats not the point .

Also if arter or knockheart or christie had done this we would be locking them up for their own protection but because its mitro its ok

Have to agree with.the above. As it was so early in the game.I wondered if it was payback for something previous?
Anyone remember Andy Johnson getting flattened in an early round of the Europa?  Roy had to change things after and that lead to a great season. I'm praying this happens again.

He was laying down a statement of intent, the problem was the ball was long gone. If the ball had been there it would still be bad, but at least he would of had a context. It was 'blatant' and seen by all, except by the officials.         

clarkey

Mitro is the best converter of chances from crosses. Every stat shows it.

We have two wingers with Knock and Cav yet how many crosses were put into the box in the last two matches.I cant remember seeing more than a couple.

Just completely baffling stats. Parker is a totally illogical coach. He plays such a restricted and tactically limited game, and is completely unable to change play.

No wonder Mitro gets sent off, he is frustrated and will be going.

Cairney looks down as well. And Parker has totally failed to get the best out of StefJo Bryan, Sess, the list goes on and on.Coaching is not just about making subs and picking the right team, it is about improving players and getting a system that suits the squad. A big fail on both of those.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: clarkey on June 30, 2020, 08:28:41 AM
Coaching is not just about making subs and picking the right team, it is about improving players and getting a system that suits the squad. A big fail on both of those.

Parker couldn't as coach (or assistant coach) get the best out of Seri either. And, now Seri's playing so well in Turkey it seems we might make an FFP profit on him and Anguissa too. Everyone who loves Slavisa, remember after Stuart Gray was swapped out for Scott Parker his fortunes changed.