watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Entitlement

Started by colinwhite, July 15, 2020, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Fed up with this on this forum. We are Fulham ,4th in the Championship with a decent run of form . We have a decent quad, but thats it we all know the flaws. Parker has done a decent job and will remain in charge. I believe we will get to the premier league and be better equiped to stay there this time. If that happens Scott will remain in charge,so get used to it.
Cant read this poo any more Im off.

Penfold

The last time I checked, we still lived in a democracy and people are entitled to different opinions. If you don't like the fact that people may have different opinions to yourself, an internet forum is probably not the best place for you.

Statto

Quote from: Penfold on July 15, 2020, 09:12:06 AM
The last time I checked, we still lived in a democracy and people are entitled to different opinions. If you don't like the fact that people may have different opinions to yourself, an internet forum is probably not the best place for you.

Broadly what I was thinking. Shame because Colin was one of my favourite posters but just seems to have become deeply entrenched in a particular viewpoint lately.

Sgt Fulham

How dare we have ambition and expectations as the highest spenders in the league.

Penfold

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2020, 09:18:42 AM

Broadly what I was thinking. Shame because Colin was one of my favourite posters but just seems to have become deeply entrenched in a particular viewpoint lately.

Agreed. I think that at the start of the season, a large number of people would have been satisfied to be told that we'd be 4th at this stage. To me, it is the style of football that is the biggest gripe people have. That's certainly my main complaint.

Peabody

I have no problem with people expressing their opinions, what I do object to is the abusive nature of some of these opinions and the people who do this, wouldn't dare do it face to face.

Andy S

I can see it from both sides and it seems illogical to keep having a go at Scott. He has the job. we are in the play-offs (in all honesty we haven't deserved more this season) and good luck from there. On the other hand there seems to be no urgency about our play. We go very defensive and hope to grab a goal on the break. we do not get the ball forward quick enough and Mitro looks Awful. It has to be tactics. That is down to the manager who almost certainly will lose his job if we fail. Disappointing it is but how can you sack the manager at this stage of the season? A lot of us were not happy with his appointment for this reason. We've seen it before. it does not work.
Football is supposed to be entertaining. This is not!

Maidstone Lee

At the start of the season Scotty said the target was top 2 and in an interview Tony Khan did he also said the same. As it currently stands we have failed this aim but if we go up via the pay offs then it really doesn't matter. If we don't go up, then that when the problem starts. Our expectation this season is basically based on what the club says to it's supporters. I tend to ignore what 'pundits' and 'newspapers' say. Most clubs would bite your arm off for a play off place but with the money we've spent, we know not going up will be problematic in the long term. It's probably best to re-evaluate our position come the end of the season but it's all rather underwhelming. That said, we've got to back the boys regardless of circumstance.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

SuffolkWhite

I think we all need to see what comes out in the wash for this season, everyone has a different opinion which is fair but things will not change until seasons end.

SP has achieved getting us to the Play Off's and may yet somehow get us to the promised land of the top Div in this country. I just feel SP has done his best and you cant ask for more than that.

We may have a different Manager next season and we may still be in the Championship to, either way my biggest concern is whether I get to watch Fulham at the Cottage again.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bobbo

Said it before we needed more patience with jokanovic.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Come on lads, we now have two practice games then two or three critical play off matches, save the criticism until those games are out of the way.

Meanwhile lets all get behind the players and the coach.

Lighthouse

The bottom line in all of this is simply that we are not that great to watch under Parker. We were overrated to begin with in my opinion and had too many, what I would call luxury players. If they don't perform consistently, we were always going to do struggle to make the top two. But fans would be far happier with our present position if we were a little more enjoyable to watch.

There are large portions of the game when we have the ball and the word 'Interlude' should pop up. This way we would know we could all read a book or put on the kettle.  Personally I am pleased with the play off as I didn't have any other expectations. We haven't a good enough squad or a good enough coach to make it much further. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2020, 10:14:57 AM
The bottom line in all of this is simply that we are not that great to watch under Parker. We were overrated to begin with in my opinion and had too many, what I would call luxury players. If they don't perform consistently, we were always going to do struggle to make the top two. But fans would be far happier with our present position if we were a little more enjoyable to watch.

There are large portions of the game when we have the ball and the word 'Interlude' should pop up. This way we would know we could all read a book or put on the kettle. Personally I am pleased with the play off as I didn't have any other expectations. We haven't a good enough squad or a good enough coach to make it much further. 

:005:

Isn't this just the truth!

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 15, 2020, 10:19:28 AM

There are large portions of the game when we have the ball and the word 'Interlude' should pop up. This way we would know we could all read a book or put on the kettle. Personally I am pleased with the play off as I didn't have any other expectations. We haven't a good enough squad or a good enough coach to make it much further. 

What a line! This is the sort of thing that makes this forum brilliant!  :clap_hands:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 15, 2020, 10:08:13 AM
Come on lads, we now have two practice games then two or three critical play off matches, save the criticism until those games are out of the way.

Meanwhile lets all get behind the players and the coach.

Yes I know it's frustrating at times, but we are in the playoffs and hopefully we will get positive results to look forward to, and 2 and hopefully 3 extra matches to watch.
So let's not keep banging our heads against the wall it leaves too many dents.
Let's give the players and the manager our full support and back them to the final minute of the final game, then whatever the outcome I am sure there will be plenty to discuss then one way or another.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 15, 2020, 10:24:08 AM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 15, 2020, 10:19:28 AM

What a line! This is the sort of thing that makes this forum brilliant!  :clap_hands:
i'll second or third that.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

I think some balance is needed. I enjoy watching a side that plays intelligent possession based football. I'd hate to see us appoint a manager that introduced some of the rubbish long ball or physical tactics that have often dominated the Championship. 
Having said that, under Parker we have taken things too far. Then, I agree, it can become tedious and one dimensional. 
I don't think huge changes are required just some courageous tweaks. Mix things up a bit, try to exploit opportunities to play quickly on the break, don't always persist with inverted wingers.  None of this is massively transformational, just some modest changes that could deliver a huge improvement.

rebel

Wrong, we live in 'Colins World', you can find that on the Disney Channel every Saturday at 3.00pm.

Peabody

Quote from: rebel on July 15, 2020, 10:58:28 AM

Wrong, we live in 'Colins World', you can find that on the Disney Channel every Saturday at 3.00pm.

He is only expressing an opinion, or is that not allowed?

Artful Dodger

After the previous 4 games, I was starting to think Parker had made a few adjustments and although we hadn't been an attacking force, we had won 4 and it wasn't looking too bad but last night reminded me it hadn't changed that much. I don't buy the argument that we don't have the players - we do - it is just the play is so slow it negates any element of skill we may have, which is down to Parker.

I like Parker as a bloke and will support the team as ever and wish he could see that we don't need massive changes but if he can't or won't change, we have to question if he is the right man for the job and as many have pointed out, it isn't very exciting to watch as we don't create many chances any more! Oh well, play offs it is, which will be weird watching at home with no crowd....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae