watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Entitlement

Started by colinwhite, July 15, 2020, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

It's all a little tense here again. Someone pop the kettle on and lets all have a brew and remember that, ultimately, we are on the same side.

Much love x

RaySmith

I don't understand  why people think we  should  go up to West brom and  automatically expect a win, as it it was an easy thing to do.

As it was , we  did well to come away with a point, and continue for a fifth game with a clean sheet, though if Knock's second half  long distance shot had  gone in, it would have been different, but  WBA came  close to scoring on several occasions, and it was stalwart defending, with players like Knock, for all his faults, tracking back, that helped keep them out, and close them down so that chances were wasted.

Obviously people are entitled to express their opinions, but from reading these comments you'd think we were facing relegation, rather than having a play off place.

To say 'why come on an internet forum if you don't like hearing others opinions'  is a bit disingenuous, when there is a such strong opinion for one side of the argument, by the great majority, often expressed in the most vitriolic and abusive terms.

It doesn't surprise me that good, reasoned  posters like colinwhite, who sometimes argue, and are prepared to debate, a view different than most, decide to leave the forum.

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2020, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: filham on July 15, 2020, 10:08:13 AM
Come on lads, we now have two practice games then two or three critical play off matches, save the criticism until those games are out of the way.

Meanwhile lets all get behind the players and the coach.

Yes I know it's frustrating at times, but we are in the playoffs and hopefully we will get positive results to look forward to, and 2 and hopefully 3 extra matches to watch.
So let's not keep banging our heads against the wall it leaves too many dents.
Let's give the players and the manager our full support and back them to the final minute of the final game, then whatever the outcome I am sure there will be plenty to discuss then one way or another.

0001.jpeg

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2020, 11:20:06 AM
often expressed in the most vitriolic and abusive terms.

A lot of the politics chats went that way when there was no football to talk about but from what i've seen, since the football restarted things have been 99.9% civil on here

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on July 15, 2020, 08:51:00 AM
Fed up with this on this forum. We are Fulham ,4th in the Championship with a decent run of form . We have a decent quad, but thats it we all know the flaws. Parker has done a decent job and will remain in charge. I believe we will get to the premier league and be better equiped to stay there this time. If that happens Scott will remain in charge,so get used to it.
Cant read this poo any more Im off.

Colin, I would rather you give it 24 hours and slept on it.
Your contributions are welcome and you are more than entitled to your opinions.
You may feel better about it in a day or two.
Just try not to let anyone get under your skin.
There are many ways of dealing with it, but I do not think walking away is one of them, even though I can understand your feelings.
Shrug it off and continue to have your say no matter how you feel about the comments of others, your better than that.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Brighton were dreadful to watch. They just won ugly but it paid off with promotion.Hughton was the instigator of their boring play.OK he got them promoted but wouldn´t want him here. Would you rather play exciting, expansive football & end up 10th or grind out results & gain promotion. You can´t have both.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobbo

Yes colinwhite, I echo woolleys  comments, I've never ever got embroiled in arguments on here , but had dreadful replies on one occasion and it made me think like you. But just as woolly says, takea deep breath and think like I did, "I'm better than this" .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

flyingfish

It was only a few weeks ago when everyone was declaring that in the current climate there was so much more important things than football and as long as fulham still exists then they atr happy no matter what division we are in. How quickly things change!

And can you imagine the howling noise on here if we di go al out attack and lose by 4! Christ almighty it would have been the end of the world and parker would have been eviscerated!

fulhamben

Quote from: flyingfish on July 15, 2020, 12:13:48 PM
It was only a few weeks ago when everyone was declaring that in the current climate there was so much more important things than football and as long as fulham still exists then they atr happy no matter what division we are in. How quickly things change!

And can you imagine the howling noise on here if we di go al out attack and lose by 4! Christ almighty it would have been the end of the world and parker would have been eviscerated!
i don't think they would have. A win was the only result that affected us, so losing by even ten is just as bad as a 0 0. We had a slim chance of going up by the automatics, and had a greater chance of making sure we avoided Brentford completely in the play offs, but instead we decided to play to not lose. It was a poor decision, a poor performance and a poor result that could well and truly come back to haunt us and confine us to a prolonged stay in the second tier
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Penfold

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2020, 11:20:06 AM
I don't understand  why people think we  should  go up to West brom and  automatically expect a win, as it it was an easy thing to do.

As it was , we  did well to come away with a point, and continue for a fifth game with a clean sheet, though if Knock's second half  long distance shot had  gone in, it would have been different, but  WBA came  close to scoring on several occasions, and it was stalwart defending, with players like Knock, for all his faults, tracking back, that helped keep them out, and close them down so that chances were wasted.

Obviously people are entitled to express their opinions, but from reading these comments you'd think we were facing relegation, rather than having a play off place.

To say 'why come on an internet forum if you don't like hearing others opinions'  is a bit disingenuous, when there is a such strong opinion for one side of the argument, by the great majority, often expressed in the most vitriolic and abusive terms.

It doesn't surprise me that good, reasoned  posters like colinwhite, who sometimes argue, and are prepared to debate, a view different than most, decide to leave the forum.

I don't think anyone has said that they think we should go up to West Brom and simply except to win. I think that the majority would have preferred a more attacking style, especially taking into account our line up.

I Ronic

Yes we're in the play offs but is our style of play likely to get us through a mini knockout tournament? Have any players improved under this style of play?
If we did go up we'd come straight back down. I don't  understand what Scotty is trying to achieve. Although he's been in football all his life, so the likelihood is he's right to stick with it and I'm wrong for finding it boring.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2020, 11:44:59 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on July 15, 2020, 08:51:00 AM
Fed up with this on this forum. We are Fulham ,4th in the Championship with a decent run of form . We have a decent quad, but thats it we all know the flaws. Parker has done a decent job and will remain in charge. I believe we will get to the premier league and be better equiped to stay there this time. If that happens Scott will remain in charge,so get used to it.
Cant read this poo any more Im off.

Colin, I would rather you give it 24 hours and slept on it.
Your contributions are welcome and you are more than entitled to your opinions.
You may feel better about it in a day or two.
Just try not to let anyone get under your skin.
There are many ways of dealing with it, but I do not think walking away is one of them, even though I can understand your feelings.
Shrug it off and continue to have your say no matter how you feel about the comments of others, your better than that.   
Great advice Woolly.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on July 15, 2020, 11:56:41 AM
Brighton were dreadful to watch. They just won ugly but it paid off with promotion.Hughton was the instigator of their boring play.OK he got them promoted but wouldn´t want him here. Would you rather play exciting, expansive football & end up 10th or grind out results & gain promotion. You can´t have both.
Wolves??
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Whitestone

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 15, 2020, 11:20:09 PM
Wolves??

We played exciting and expansive football under Slav ??

70sPimlico

Quote from: bobbo on July 15, 2020, 09:55:51 AM
Said it before we needed more patience with jokanovic.

He wouldn't sign a contract extension

70sPimlico

Quote from: I Ronic on July 15, 2020, 12:48:03 PM
Yes we're in the play offs but is our style of play likely to get us through a mini knockout tournament? Have any players improved under this style of play?
If we did go up we'd come straight back down. I don't  understand what Scotty is trying to achieve. Although he's been in football all his life, so the likelihood is he's right to stick with it and I'm wrong for finding it boring.

I'm not the biggest fan but, the coaching team has got us hard to score against. As we know, in very recent times, this has been our weak point, so, they deserve credit. If they can keep that up and make a few tweak attacking-wise...who knows

I Ronic

Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 16, 2020, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: I Ronic on July 15, 2020, 12:48:03 PM

I'm not the biggest fan but, the coaching team has got us hard to score against. As we know, in very recent times, this has been our weak point, so, they deserve credit. If they can keep that up and make a few tweak attacking-wise...who knows

Fingers crossed then :)

rebel

It's more then an opinion, he's telling us what
Quote from: Peabody on July 15, 2020, 11:04:00 AM
Quote from: rebel on July 15, 2020, 10:58:28 AM
Quote from: Penfold on July 15, 2020, 09:12:06 AM
The last time I checked, we still lived in a democracy and people are entitled to different opinions. If you don't like the fact that people may have different opinions to yourself, an internet forum is probably not the best place for you.

Wrong, we live in 'Colins World', you can find that on the Disney Channel every Saturday at 3.00pm.

He is only expressing an opinion, or is that not allowed?

Each thread has a title, so he can vet threads and make an informed decision as to whether to read or not. Nobody is forcing the OP to read threads that he might disagree with or not like. By the sounds of it he just wants everyone to post glowing stuff about Parker, the performances, actually everything.     

ScalleysDad

This was used recently but it's another reminder of the Sam Alladyce comment when responding to West Ham fans pleading for their side, under him, to play the West Ham way. I paraphrase but he said playing the West Ham way will get them relegated. Job one was to not concede, job two was to keep the ball. Alladyce said that and was hailed as inept and boring. Cruyff said virtually the same thing and it's gospel to some. Houghton was not hugely popular at the end of his Brighton stint due the style of play the team had to adopt to simply be in with a chance so I am not sure where his sexy football experience has sprung up from. Favoured choices to come here that were going to tear up this league like the Cowley brothers are finding it tough. We are where we are and there are sixteen other teams that would swap, my QPR neighbour especially and my Cardiff mate who has lost so much interest in the game he followed passionately because of Cardiff's style of play was gutted he could not name their probable first team the other night. I doubt many, indeed any, of the Championship games on the tele have been inspiring, Wigan apart perhaps. Alas I fear the Championship will soon become the league of one nils.

JimŠ

Quote from: Penfold on July 15, 2020, 09:12:06 AM
The last time I checked, we still lived in a democracy and people are entitled to different opinions. If you don't like the fact that people may have different opinions to yourself, an internet forum is probably not the best place for you.

Isn't that a bit like saying "If you don't like it then **** off"?
I don't think it's just the opinions it's the overwhelming negativity. The title of the OP was "Entitlement" and i'm starting to think that we, as Fulham fans, are coming across as an entitled bunch.
There were many people moaning about our defence when Luton & Barnsley put 3 past us. We looked open at the back and likely to concede on the few chances (and they were few, we've conceded one of the least amount of shots on target in the division) that the opposition had. So, Parker and team fix that and now we're moaning about something else.
I guesstimated we'd finish in the playoffs. There's been many, many teams that have come down with stronger squads than us and not gone back up. Stoke's team was not far removed from the one they had in the Prem and look at them.
I think Parker's done a pretty good job thus far, and we've not finished the season yet. I'd be worried if we hadn't easily bettered two teams we'll come up against in recent games (Forest & Cardiff) and we lived with Brentford for 85 mins (we had the chances, not them) and had Leeds (even according to their manager) up against it for 45 mins.
I'm hopeful and if we do happen to go up, those that are more negative than myself will I'm sure find something to moan about (parker being kept on, recruitment etc etc etc).