watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by DanVerSar, July 21, 2020, 07:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerSar

Seen on Sky Sports Villarreal have bid €25m for Anguissa and we are 'considering the offer'. Does anyone know if they had an option to buy for a set amount? Real Madrid were interested in him so surely we can use this to drive up the price.

I would like to see him stay personally but we'd have to go up for that to happen.

Mince n Tatties

Rather we got Harrison Reed,but that seems unlikely now.

rebel

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 21, 2020, 08:03:49 AM

Apparently he's on Burnley's radar, but that poses the question , where is Burnley on the radar?

Is it South of Bognor?

Sting of the North

I doubt any decisions such as these are made before we know what division we will play in next season.

ByTheRiver

Posted on the transfer thread but will copy my thoughts here too: If they have offered that much we have to take it IMO. I like Zambo, I had high hopes for him and feel he looked good in parts but we have to take little bits of profit (against book value etc) where we can. There is no guarantee he will be motivated to come back - it didn't go well here, he may well prefer the football/weather/culture in Spain and want to stay over there (where it has gone well). There is also no guarantee that it won't negatively impact on team morale (loaned out as didn't want to stay and drop down, but waltzes back in once promoted).

All of that is if we go up. If we don't, I can't see us keeping him in the champ and then we might not get another offer. I would genuinely rather take the money and use it for Reed (if possible) and Arter (I know some on here aren't keen but I think his work rate and 'on the edge' commitment is infectious and has good impact on the team). Or Reed and use some money towards another CB or a striker.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 21, 2020, 09:11:42 AM
Posted on the transfer thread but will copy my thoughts here too: If they have offered that much we have to take it IMO. I like Zambo, I had high hopes for him and feel he looked good in parts but we have to take little bits of profit (against book value etc) where we can. There is no guarantee he will be motivated to come back - it didn't go well here, he may well prefer the football/weather/culture in Spain and want to stay over there (where it has gone well). There is also no guarantee that it won't negatively impact on team morale (loaned out as didn't want to stay and drop down, but waltzes back in once promoted).

All of that is if we go up. If we don't, I can't see us keeping him in the champ and then we might not get another offer. I would genuinely rather take the money and use it for Reed (if possible) and Arter (I know some on here aren't keen but I think his work rate and 'on the edge' commitment is infectious and has good impact on the team). Or Reed and use some money towards another CB or a striker.

You make reasonable points and on balance I agree it's unlikely we''ll see him in a white shirt again if we don't go up, or perhaps even if we do. Nonetheless, he did seem to like playing under Parker and he could clearly terrorise the Championship if motivated. I imagine something along the lines of all the best attributes of Reed and Onomah combined in a single player, then multiplied by 3, then sprinkled with a little flair and skill.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2020, 09:30:06 AM

You make reasonable points and on balance I agree it's unlikely we''ll see him in a white shirt again if we don't go up, or perhaps even if we do. Nonetheless, he did seem to like playing under Parker and he could clearly terrorise the Championship if motivated. I imagine something along the lines of all the best attributes of Reed and Onomah, combined in a single player, then multiplied by 3.

Oh 100% agree! He would be far and away the nest player in the league and would absolutely boss games. I just can't see it though - he has taken Villareal into Europa League this year, playing a huge part in that, he will likely be desperate to join and continue that (with the team mates he's friendly with, had this success with), why would he want to drop into the English 2nd tier rather than play European level football? I'm not sure I would want to come back in his position and I'm a Fulham fan (assuming that he is not!) .

junior white

Don't we have an option to buy Reed at the end of the loan

bog

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2020, 10:11:55 AM
Don't we have an option to buy Reed at the end of the loan

I hope so.

Deeping_white

If we go up I think there's a reasonable chance he stays to be fair. At the end of the season or when he got loaned to Villarreal he posted on Instagram specifically thanking Parker for believing in him, so I reckon that if we did go up then he might be sticking around. If we don't go up though, take the £20,  invest in a new centre half and buy Reed and we should have some change to spare

midlandwhites

22 million for Zambo, i would drive him there myself for that money !
Had not got a clue in the premiership and the Championship is even harder.

filham

If we can get sufficient money for Anguissa that would enable us to secure Reed then grab it quickly and pull out all of the stops on a Reed deal.

Sting of the North

Quote from: midlandwhites on July 21, 2020, 10:25:26 AM

In what possible way do you imagine that the Championship is harder than the PL?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 21, 2020, 11:04:12 AM

In what possible way do you imagine that the Championship is harder than the PL?

If Championship is harder why didn't Betts, Christie, Odoi, Ream, Bryan, KMac, Stefjo, Cairney, Kamara, Mitro and R.Sess do better in the premier league.

Slaphead in Qatar

How can he be so good for Villarreal but so poor for us?

Penfold

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 21, 2020, 11:49:27 AM
How can he be so good for Villarreal but so poor for us?

Villareal must have a decent team overall as they did finish 5th.

For what it's worth if I was him, I would want to stay over there rather than come back to Fulham. Whatever division we are in, they are in Europe next season and, if I was a player, I would want to experience that.

itombomb

I would love him to stay if we do go up, but if we don't then that's very good business.

Twig

"The Championship is even harder". Let me think about that, it would presumably mean that any club promoted into the easier Premiership should romp to a top three position.  But that never happens, I wonder why not!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2020, 11:41:33 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 21, 2020, 11:04:12 AM

If Championship is harder why didn't Betts, Christie, Odoi, Ream, Bryan, KMac, Stefjo, Cairney, Kamara, Mitro and R.Sess do better in the premier league.

Why didn't Schurrie, Zambo, Seri, Fabri, La Marchand, Fonte, Vieta the forward whatever his name was and the other keeper who could not speak English, how come none of them did any better which culminated in Slavisa losing his job.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

As to Zambo I'd take the money.  I tend to agree with BTR's response above.