more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Brentford's red card be rescinded?

Started by General, July 26, 2020, 10:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheCubed

rebel

The Officials for the match all saw it as a sending off, none of them advised differently to put any doubt in the Ref's mind.

rebel

Quote from: General on July 27, 2020, 09:32:36 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on July 27, 2020, 09:22:35 AM

How anyone can say that is a red card is beyond me.

Agree 100%.
Watch the clip. It's not about finding the least offensive stills you can and using them as an arguement. It's the whole thing.

Fernhurst

My opinion was red, top speed, out of control.

In saying that, watching Henry's overall performance ,if we went up and Brentford stayed in the Championship he performed like a Premiership player.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bill2

Just watched the video clip, straight red. Foot up and out of control. If he had caught him it would have been a leg breaker.

Dr Know

Pieter A’dam

100% red card, if we allow that sort of dangerous play then its gonna be carnage every week. The 'great tackle' was just a lucky outcome .....

Dr Know

A red for winning the ball ? It's a contact sport , the bees fellas aim was to win the ball , and he did !

rebel

Quote from: Dr Know on July 27, 2020, 10:43:55 AM
A red for winning the ball ? It's a contact sport , the bees fellas aim was to win the ball , and he did !

Yep, nearly took his leg off in the process.

_Putney_

Yeah, if, if, if, nearly, nearly, nearly.  If he had not been in control of tackle, if it had been with excessive force, and if it had been two footed, he might have broken the guys leg.

rebel

Quote from: _Putney_ on July 27, 2020, 10:58:56 AM
Yeah, if, if, if, nearly, nearly, nearly.  If he had not been in control of tackle, if it had been with excessive force, and if it had been two footed, he might have broken the guys leg.

The thing is, the FA's Rules are clear, the referee deemed the tackle 'dangerous' and sent the player off. 

_Putney_

Quote from: rebel on July 27, 2020, 11:05:21 AM

The thing is, the FA's Rules are clear, the referee deemed the tackle 'dangerous' and sent the player off. 

Yeah, and if something else had been slightly different who know what would have happened!

Wolf

I thought the footage was going to be controversial. Instead I saw an out of control challenge that wiped out the player in control of the ball.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

toshes mate

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 27, 2020, 08:04:29 AM
When will people (pundits, commentators, players, fans) understand that it doesn't matter if the carded player "got the ball"?  It was, in the judgment of the ref, a reckless tackle. That's all that counts.
Spot on. 

All decisions made by referees, which are always based on knowledge of the rules and experienced opinion, are final and we endanger all sport by having a merry-go-round of appeals.  Absolutely sound goals have been scored in VAR managed games (designed to stop howlers but failing miserably) and not given because nothing humans do is perfect.  Let's get back to the referee's decision is final and stop the rot. 

General

Quote from: _Putney_ on July 27, 2020, 11:07:43 AM
Quote from: rebel on July 27, 2020, 11:05:21 AM

Yeah, and if something else had been slightly different who know what would have happened!

The swansea player got the ball before the player had made contact but whilst the Brentford player had already committed, there was no way he knew he'd get the ball. I think it should stand. As said, will be interesting to see what happens. Rules do indicate that it should stand from how I read them.

Jim©

Watch the Brentford manager, he claps to disguise what he thought about the tackle, when it goes back to him, he's swallowing hard as he knows he's about to have a player sent off.
Dangerous and reckless? Yep?
Did he win the ball? Yep, but that doesn't matter. You can jump through the back of someone to win a header and knock them flying. Is it a foul? 99% of refs will give it as a foul even though you won the ball.

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot see them over ruling the referee on this occasion, it was reckless imo and the referees no doubt.
There was a time when that was a standard tackle and nobody battered an eyelid.
But hardly any hard men left in the game because of the new sanctions. Nobody wants to see players injured in any shape or form, these days they have more chance of injuring themselves when they are diving to try and win a penalty.
But these kind of tackles are not the reason why the game of football is no longer the spectator sport it used to be.
The petulant and immature behaviour by players today towards referee decisions and the growth of a poisonous cheating agenda of diving for a free kick/penalty, feigning injuries at every turn, attempting to get opponents booked and dismissed which extends to the coaches/manager, and players appear to have no shame either when they make fools of themselves, real poor little rich boys.
What makes me laugh is that a lot of players never play a full game, and yet we are told they are tired in some quarters. 

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Jim© on July 27, 2020, 11:29:04 AM
Watch the Brentford manager, he claps to disguise what he thought about the tackle, when it goes back to him, he's swallowing hard as he knows he's about to have a player sent off.
Did he win the ball? Yep, but that doesn't matter. You can jump through the back of someone to win a header and knock them flying. Is it a foul? 99% of refs will give it as a foul even though you won the ball.

There definitely seems to be some masking of an underlying lack of confidence in the brentford camp. Watching their manager before the game, the words and tone of what he said simply seemed unconvincing. It'd make sense as a manager to use that opportunity to galvanise a squad if they felt it was unjust, but it could be a big blow to them psychologically.. especially if not overturned.

rebel

Quote from: General on July 27, 2020, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: Jim© on July 27, 2020, 11:29:04 AM

There definitely seems to be some masking of an underlying lack of confidence in the brentford camp. Watching their manager before the game, the words and tone of what he said simply seemed unconvincing. It'd make sense as a manager to use that opportunity to galvanise a squad if they felt it was unjust, but it could be a big blow to them psychologically.. especially if not overturned.

For me Swansea looked more of a threat going forward throughout the match, putting aside the sending off.

FFC1987

I don't know. I don't think that's a bad tackle personally. The game has gone soft if we call that excessive, verging on making it a non contact sport. I feel the Brentford blinkers are impacting some peoples opinion here.

I actually think the commotion following it caused the red card. Watching it, it sounded as if people were reacting to Keane vs Haaland, not something as timid as this. And people interpreting the excessive/danger aspect of the rule, be very mindful. At the speed players go at today, almost all tackles will have high impact and interpretation of this rule could make the sport so soft. The tackle, in the game needs to be respected, we don't want to go down the line making tackles like this, a red card. Football loses a lot if it does.