H. Reed
27 (18.9%)
A. Knockaert
0 (0%)
I. Cavaleiro
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Statto

No space in the list for Mawson? He made substantially (25%) more starts than Hector this season, and some seem to think Hector should win the award!!!!

To be honest, Kebano, Kamara and maybe even Arter and Hector should be coming out of that list IMO due to their lack of starts (all less than Mawson)

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 09:50:51 AM
No space in the list for Mawson? He made substantially (25%) more starts than Hector this season, and some seem to think Hector should win the award!!!!

To be honest, Kebano, Kamara and maybe even Arter and Hector should be coming out of that list due to their lack of starts (all less than Mawson)
shows how long, boring and forgettable this season has been, I don't remember mawson starting for us at all 😂
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jim©

I went Rodak. The reason being that our points without him were 1.58, points with him were 1.88. The points without mitro are better than with him (oddly I know) so for that reason Rodak gets the nod.

Tabby

Went for Mitro, he is the one who has been performing all season. Rodak has been good since he came in. Reed took a little while to properly settle. Hector only played half the season.

Those are my players of the season, in that order.

S.F.Sorrow

It's interesting to see that currently 16% of the votes go to a player who was only here for half the season.

I went for Mitro. He scored 40% of our goals this season. Easy choice (but Rodak and Reed were amazing too).

Colton F.C.

Battle royal between Rodak and Hector for 20/21.

Bocanegra

Mitrovic has become that good and consistent for us that he almost gets overlooked.

I picked Mitro and Rodak but understand votes for Hector and Reed as well.

At the end  of the day Mitro was golden boot winner and scored so many vital goals in 1 goal wins. You simply cant dispute that he is the Player of the Year.

copthornemike

From the list I voted for Rodak who after a period of waiting patiently in the wings grasped his chance and whose keeping kept us ahead or from falling behind in many matches this season. Of course players such as Hector, Reed, Mitro also deserves credit & praise.
But I would have voted for a player not on the list but who deserves particular praise both on and off the pitch & that is Cyrus Christie. Off the pitch involved in a wide range of community schemes & charities.
On the pitch he had his challenges early in the season but ultimately proved his worth & a consummate team player.
So I could not vote to you Cyrus but well done & take a bow.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 07, 2020, 05:44:29 AM
Without Mitrovoic's goals and assists the regular season

P 46 W 14 D 20 L 12 GS 36 GC 48 Pts 62 in 12th Position
Do that with Rodak's saves! (Impossible I know)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 07, 2020, 01:41:06 PM

Do that with Rodak's saves! (Impossible I know)
its pretty pointless though isn't it. As stats will say that we would have won the league without mitro as we had a much better points per game when he didn't play.

Wolf

I absolutely love Mitro but my vote is Rodak who's been exceptional, and is the first keeper I rate since Schwarzer.

My 2nd would be Reed who has been immense and I think Hector would pip Mitro for third.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

filham

Very difficult, obvious choice is Mitro but he only made six of the last 12 critical starts. Believe it or not it was our defence that really performed well in this promotion and I am voting for Hector and Rodak, they made such a difference when introduced into the team.

bigalffc

It was a real tough call, but I opted for Rodak & Mitro, Hector would probably been in my mind if he had played a full season as would Neeskens, but they all deserve a huge thank you from us fans. 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

fulhamben

Quote from: bigalffc on August 07, 2020, 02:49:44 PM
It was a real tough call, but I opted for Rodak & Mitro, Hector would probably been in my mind if he had played a full season as would Neeskens, but they all deserve a huge thank you from us fans. 049:gif
you could almost run this as 3 different polls, whole season, since transfer window and since lock down. I bet the results would alter massively

General

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 07, 2020, 07:01:10 AM

That is not even almost how it works. You cannot just take a player out of the team and not replace him. Then I could say that without Rodak's saves we would have lost almost all games, but that is of course ignoring that it is quite likely that we would have played another keeper instead of just leaving the goal empty.

Agreed - you would have to do a PPG at the very least of our games without mitro - and we've won most of those games, bar one or two, so we'd be higher than 12th.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on August 07, 2020, 03:10:59 PM

That is not even almost how it works. You cannot just take a player out of the team and not replace him. Then I could say that without Rodak's saves we would have lost almost all games, but that is of course ignoring that it is quite likely that we would have played another keeper instead of just leaving the goal empty.

Agreed - you would have to do a PPG at the very least of our games without mitro - and we've won most of those games, bar one or two, so we'd be higher than 12th.
we would be top of the league without a doubt

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 09:50:03 AM

I agree with you to some extent but it's no more ridiculous than equivalent about other players, eg "if we'd played the entire campaign without Hector, it's even less likely we'd be returning to the Premier League than if we'd gone the whole season without Mitrovic". It's pure speculation as to how good or bad the alternative player would have been.

I'll keep my own counsel as to what I think of this. I'm not biting.

YankeeJim

Has to be Mitro. We likely would have made the playoffs w/o Hector or at least been close. Without Mitro we're mid table at best.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot look any further than Mitro.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Finnans Right Peg

Voted for Rodak .

I think he has saved us so many times and has solved a problem for us in that position. I understand the votes for Mitro but rodak is the man