Main Menu

Ryan sess

Started by bobbo, August 08, 2020, 10:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Possibly going to Ajax on loan.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

He needs to go somewhere, it must be soul destroying for him not to be getting any game time.

Twig

Shame I would have loved to see him back with us on loan. For his own development Ajax might prove to be a good move though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 08, 2020, 11:25:55 AM
He needs to go somewhere, it must be soul destroying for him not to be getting any game time.
he must of known he would be well down the pecking order at spurs though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

He's getting paid well which must be some consolation

grandad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 11:31:07 AM

Even when he went, there were at least 2 players better than him in front of him. Still can´t understand why he went. What a waste of a talent.
Where there's a will there's a wife

GJB

I think this would be an excellent move - with Tottenham rebuilding, Mourinho is less likely to want to play youngsters.

Ajax have an excellent youth setup and are renowned for playing an enjoyable style of football - the number of young stars recently who have come out of their academy show this will be a much more promising place to progress his career compared to Spurs in their current state

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 08, 2020, 11:45:23 AM

Even when he went, there were at least 2 players better than him in front of him. Still can´t understand why he went. What a waste of a talent.
yep

filham

I guess Sess. did well financially out of the Spurs move but right now he must realize that next season playing for Parker at Fulham would be a lot better for him than Playing for Mourinho at Spurs.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 12:22:59 PM
I guess Sess. did well financially out of the Spurs move but right now he must realize that next season playing for Parker at Fulham would be a lot better for him than Playing for Mourinho at Spurs.
he wouldn't be guaranteed playing time here either. No club would be stupid enough to play a loanee if he isn't an upgrade on what you already have

alfie

Money for his agent
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

gezkc

Pochettino has a great reputation for developing young players so I can totally understand why Sess was attracted to Tottenham. Out of all big clubs to go to, Spurs probably made the most sense at the time.

However, I suspect he wouldn't have gone there if he'd known Mourinho would he replacing Pochettino within a matter of months.

H4usuallysitting

We'll pick him up in 2 season's on a free

Jamie88

I would like him back here to be honest. Surely he wouldn't be opposed to a move should we be interested?

Jeroen

Quote from: GJB on August 08, 2020, 11:46:13 AM
I think this would be an excellent move - with Tottenham rebuilding, Mourinho is less likely to want to play youngsters.

Ajax have an excellent youth setup and are renowned for playing an enjoyable style of football - the number of young stars recently who have come out of their academy show this will be a much more promising place to progress his career compared to Spurs in their current state

I agree + champions league as well - good move for him

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 12:26:51 PM
he wouldn't be guaranteed playing time here either. No club would be stupid enough to play a loanee if he isn't an upgrade on what you already have

I think you are forgetting that Sess. could score goals and that Cav., Knock. and Reid have failed to do that.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 10:06:05 PM

I think you are forgetting that Sess. could score goals and that Cav., Knock. and Reid have failed to do that.
yes, but kamara and kebano ouT score him in the prem. He wouldn't be an upgrade so to play him over one of the others would be an insult. Either upgrade a position or play the ones that got us up

mrmicawbers

No from me.Love the man but rarely works someone coming back

Twig

But he is an upgrade so no problem there.

Southcoastffc

I was thinking earlier today just how Joe Bryan's 2nd goal in the playoff final was very typical of Sess a couple of years ago.   

And how many Fulham players have gone to Spurs and not blossomed - Sean Davis (15 games in 2 yrs), Steed (62 in 2 not bad I suppose), Clint Dempsey (29 in 2).  It's not an encouraging path to follow.  (I know Mullery was different)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.