Main Menu

SP TK.

Started by blingo, September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 13, 2020, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: Nero on September 13, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
Christ on a bike moaning about TK and SP sigings before one of them has played a game, Shall we see them play before wrting everyine off

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? The season has started and we haven't seen any of our new signings play a game yet. Not even a pre-season friendly.

TK has failed to get even a SINGLE new signing ready for the start of the season (except for re-signing Reed on an option and even that one dragged out). Not a SINGLE position in our starting 11 against Arsenal had been strengthened.

The position everyone knew should be top priority (CB) hasn't even been signed yet and will be WEEKS away from being fully integrated into the squad even if we sign someone tomorrow. Which means we will most likely play our upcoming relegation six pointers with our current options at CB.

The club is run by a part-time amateur who will most likely never be fired because he is the owner's son. Which means that we have a DoF who will never be held accountable for his failures. I mean, how many managers/head coaches are we going to fire before we fire our DoF? In the current situation the anwer to that question is probably 'all of them'. I'd rather have the Michael Jackson statue as DoF.

We had two pre season games and there was a 39 day gap between the Play Off Final and the first game of the season. To expect the club to have a plethora of signings in place to start the first game is unreasonable, bearing in mind the players all went off for a summer holiday and pre season games started about two weeks ago at the earliest. If this was 2018/19 I would give you that argument but to expect a new team ready to go in such a short space of time is a lousy argument. Parker could've used Lemina/Robinson but chose not to so that's kind of on the manager not the transfer team.

For what it's worth, Robinson played in the MK Dons friendly and I believe both him and Lemina played in the game against Southampton

But we're not talking about 'a plethora of signings' here, are we? TK has failed to sign even A SINGLE player in time to strengthen our starting 11 before the start of the season.

As for 2018/19 it was more or less the same story: Signing players far too late to be ready for the start of the season.

Let's hope we've at least gotten more useful players this time.

Deeping_white

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 11:33:43 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 13, 2020, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 09:41:15 PM
Christ on a bike moaning about TK and SP sigings before one of them has played a game, Shall we see them play before wrting everyine off

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? The season has started and we haven't seen any of our new signings play a game yet. Not even a pre-season friendly.

TK has failed to get even a SINGLE new signing ready for the start of the season (except for re-signing Reed on an option and even that one dragged out). Not a SINGLE position in our starting 11 against Arsenal had been strengthened.

The position everyone knew should be top priority (CB) hasn't even been signed yet and will be WEEKS away from being fully integrated into the squad even if we sign someone tomorrow. Which means we will most likely play our upcoming relegation six pointers with our current options at CB.

The club is run by a part-time amateur who will most likely never be fired because he is the owner's son. Which means that we have a DoF who will never be held accountable for his failures. I mean, how many managers/head coaches are we going to fire before we fire our DoF? In the current situation the anwer to that question is probably 'all of them'. I'd rather have the Michael Jackson statue as DoF.

We had two pre season games and there was a 39 day gap between the Play Off Final and the first game of the season. To expect the club to have a plethora of signings in place to start the first game is unreasonable, bearing in mind the players all went off for a summer holiday and pre season games started about two weeks ago at the earliest. If this was 2018/19 I would give you that argument but to expect a new team ready to go in such a short space of time is a lousy argument. Parker could've used Lemina/Robinson but chose not to so that's kind of on the manager not the transfer team.

For what it's worth, Robinson played in the MK Dons friendly and I believe both him and Lemina played in the game against Southampton

But we're not talking about 'a plethora of signings' here, are we? TK has failed to sign even A SINGLE player in time to strengthen our starting 11 before the start of the season.

As for 2018/19 it was more or less the same story: Signing players far too late to be ready for the start of the season.

Let's hope we've at least gotten more useful players this time.

Parker could've used Robinson or Lemina but chose not to because he played the same team that got us up, presumably to make the point to them that the vast majority aren't good enough at this level to start - that's hardly Lemina or Robinson's fault is it, and nor is it TK's as they were signed before we'd even played our first pre season game? Most people can see that on paper, Lemina is better than TC/Reed/Onomah and going forward will replace one of them, and I'd imagine that Robinson will get his fair share of game time this season too as I'd have him at LB with Bryan in front of him at LM/LW

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: BarryP on September 13, 2020, 06:51:10 PM
Both nice guys but sp is not experienced enough for the prem and TK needs to understand we need proven prem players and not stats players. Better with three proven prem players at twenty m than ten may turn out to be good. Also let's stop buying players with dodgy knees. Rant over.

So you're ok with doing this again?

Aleksandar Mitrović - Newcastle
Calum Chambers - Arsenal
Alfie Mawson - Swansea City
Andre Schurlle -   Chelsea + Bundesliga
Ryan Babel - Liverpool + Bundesliga

Because we all know what a spectacular result these proven Premier League players provided us in 2018/2019.

Bad management decisions mate.
Mitro A1
Chambers.....jury is out but not overly impressed
mawson ..hadnt played for ages and recurring knee problems, would you have bought him?
schurle.......just a NO too old and not consistent
Babel, did ok but could have done so much better with better players around him. But again...too old.

Do you not see a serious lack of man management trying to buy us out of trouble on the cheap?

When we signed Schürrle he was 27 - hardly that 'old' for a winger in the Premier League. Arsenal just signed 32-year old Willian and he certainly didn't look out of place against us. You're right about his inconsistency though.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 13, 2020, 07:18:24 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 06:52:46 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Nothing like motivating your team as a manager by saying, we will lose more games than we win is there?

Agreed.  I'm sorry, but from a head coach this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Don't get me wrong, I like SP.  But this sort of thing should never be part of the dialogue.  I just don't want to hear this from my head coach.  Does not need to be verbalized.  Sure, we all know, and I'm sure the players do too, the reality of the situation.  Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies.  Just keep it zipped!

A post game interview after a loss is listened to/heard by how many of the actual players do ya think?   Or are most of them listening to music with ear buds on the bus, or in their cars on the ride home?

I doubt professional footballers listen to media noise.   It's counter productive.

Oh, I think they listen.  Especially when that media noise is coming from their own coach.  It's counter productive.
Maybe they listen, but I'm pretty sure they don't over analyze each sentence looking for something to complain about. The players listen to Parker every day, so they surely know what he's about. I am very surprised this absolute non issue is still debated,  it that's of course my subjective opinion.
+1

Statto

+1

Statto

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2020, 05:09:08 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:30:39 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

But we are nowhere near that limit at the moment

So you agree with me... they're limited on what they can spend. Obviously since they are limited in what they can spend, they have to be very careful on how the spend what money they can. Don't want to just throw it at random people and things.
Yes they're limited... but to what, £100m, £150m this summer? At the end of the day even without FFP, SK would be 'limited' to spending about $6 billion because that's all the money he has, but you wouldn't consider that particularly 'limiting'

We Are Premier League

In fairness to them, there are not many experianced central defenders that we realistically could have got from the below list

https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-deals

Maybe Vertonghen or Ampadu...not much else really.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 14, 2020, 01:57:16 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2020, 05:09:08 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:30:39 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

But we are nowhere near that limit at the moment

So you agree with me... they're limited on what they can spend. Obviously since they are limited in what they can spend, they have to be very careful on how the spend what money they can. Don't want to just throw it at random people and things.
Yes they're limited... but to what, £100m, £150m this summer? At the end of the day even without FFP, SK would be 'limited' to spending about $6 billion because that's all the money he has, but you wouldn't consider that particularly 'limiting'

Fans spent too much time in 2018/18 criticising Tony Khan. He did well, getting £100m from his inheritance, he invested the money in Bryan, Chambers, Anguissa, Mitrovic and Babel well in 18/19. He has added a bit last year and a bit this summer. If he can now add two centre backs (assuming at least one delivers), we should be well in the relegation battle when winter transfer window opens.

colinwhite

Some unbelievable comments on this thread. Some people just cany wait to have a go. Blingo ,I dont know where to start to be honest.

The Rational Fan

Two seasons ago Tony Khan couldn't get the players he wanted for a reasonable price, so bought the best available in his view at whatever price it took and fans demanded he learn from his mistakes. Now, the same fans want Tony Khan to spend £15m getting the best centre back he can find even though we know no quality centre back is campaigning to come here, which is exactly what he did last time. They also want him to bring in a centre back with premier league experience, and not worry about statistics. If you want a centre back with premier league experience and terrible stats don't matter, then Tim Ream has the worst stats of any experienced premier league centre back since 2008. I think fan feedback is making everything worse, what we want is Tony Khan to keep buying players each window until the squad is strong enough to stay in premier league.

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on September 14, 2020, 05:47:22 AM
Some unbelievable comments on this thread. Some people just cany wait to have a go. Blingo ,I dont know where to start to be honest.

Bling ...putting the cat amongst the pidgeons.....ohhhhhh hahahahahaha

Motspur Park

What I cannot understand is letting Mawson go if a backup was not already over the line. I fully expected an announcement within a day or two after Mawson left.... maybe due to getting international clearance.

I read LVBTs comments and have no doubt that he has info on the transfers before they reach the public domain so I do expect signings but as yet we have no clue if any of them will be central defenders.

The problem we now have after getting tanked by Arsenal, is convincing decent players to come to us. We must make a better showing against Leeds on Saturday.

colinwhite

glad your amused  Blingo....Couldnt take your comments seriously so it was water off a ducks back !

KingofCheese

I agree we need a Manager with Prem experience such as Ranieri or Jol - that will definitely fix things - in fact one of these has already won the Prem League so how brilliant is that?

Secondly, can we get the prize for the most negative bunch of fans...we can wrestle West Ham and Newcastle for it right from the 1st game week.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

toshes mate

What intrigues me greatly is the unevenness of human logic when describing past events.  When Mitrovic signed his loan deal early in 2018 via contact with Jokanovic, TK was all over that with is 'but it was me who had to get my Dad to agree to spend the money', which is presumably something that has to happen with every expenditure over a certain amount.  If that is the case then can someone explain how that gets to be extrapolated into "TK managed to get £100m of his inheritance to spend...".  It either is TK's money or SK's money and I'd suggest the latter is true.  But I am more concerned with how you get people to play at FFC rather than anywhere else and how you actually make that happen when the limiting factor in every case would seem to potentially be money and little else.  Perhaps the real limiting factor is something else entirely ...

KingofCheese

Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 08:36:23 AM
What intrigues me greatly is the unevenness of human logic when describing past events.  When Mitrovic signed his loan deal early in 2018 via contact with Jokanovic, TK was all over that with is 'but it was me who had to get my Dad to agree to spend the money', which is presumably something that has to happen with every expenditure over a certain amount.  If that is the case then can someone explain how that gets to be extrapolated into "TK managed to get £100m of his inheritance to spend...".  It either is TK's money or SK's money and I'd suggest the latter is true.  But I am more concerned with how you get people to play at FFC rather than anywhere else and how you actually make that happen when the limiting factor in every case would seem to potentially be money and little else.  Perhaps the real limiting factor is something else entirely ...

I would have thought that the limiting factor is the ambition of the player. Few players are loyal to their home club if they think they can win something elsewhere. Many players wanting to come into the Premier League will not fancy a struggle against relegation so wont choose those clubs that are in that frame.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

southwest6

This board has gone into full meltdown after the first game...  :dft001:

I Ronic

Going up as playoff winners sets you back a couple of weeks compared to the automatic spots. First time round a lot of money was spent (and dont forget a chunk of that went on Mitro).
Last season TK changed to a more successful loan and buy clause which was far more successful. So he's learning fast. SP has been in and around the Premiership most of his playing career and while the job is a different one the target remains the same.
The window hasn't.closed and we're only 3 point and.goal difference from being top of the table.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: southwest6 on September 14, 2020, 08:54:32 AM
This board has gone into full meltdown after the first game...  :dft001:

Just imagine how it is going to be on here when we lose the next three against Leeds, Villa and Wolves...

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Motspur Park on September 14, 2020, 08:00:03 AM
What I cannot understand is letting Mawson go if a backup was not already over the line. 

This is what has confused me. When Mawson's loan was announced I thought 'great, they have a big CB confirmed then and need to balance/offset some wages'. But, alas... Here we are.