watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

and that is why its stupid to give a manager

Started by fulhamben, September 19, 2020, 04:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Just seen his interview on BBC and respect to the guy. He doesn't want to name and shame anyone yet he realises there is a huge problem and he comes across pretty astute.

I really do hope he can fix it.

alfie

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 19, 2020, 05:32:27 PM
Not his fault TK hasn't bought any PL standard CBs !!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Where are these PL standard players then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Radiowhite

How can you blame Scott for that? Simply individual errors from players who aren't good enough

AnOldBrownie

On topic.

I'm glad we gave him the extension.   Incoming players want stability.     (They also want other things, but stability helps).

joef

Quote from: Herbie on September 19, 2020, 06:17:03 PM
It's threads like this that make me despair with the short-term views of the modern game.  One or two bad results and it's sack the manager.

Let's face it, before the season kicked off we were already up there as one of the favourites to go down.  That's not down to the way Scott sets the team up, it's due to the relative quality of the squad.  I think the club are doing the right thing and taking the long term view, with one eye on a possible return to the Championship next season.  Changing the management team halfway through the season is not going to change how likely we are to get results. 

I'd much rather have some stability and grow an ethos within the team .  So what if we go down again? If we build with the long term in mind then maybe next time we can make it stick.

The only time we should make a change from Parker is if it's clear that he's lost the respect of the dressing room.  Changing that does make a difference and needs to be nipped in the bud.  Otherwise, let's keep rebuilding with a long term approach.

💯👆🏻

Give Scott the time he has absolutely earned from last season.

fulhamben

Quote from: joef on September 19, 2020, 06:32:55 PM
Quote from: Herbie on September 19, 2020, 06:17:03 PM
It's threads like this that make me despair with the short-term views of the modern game.  One or two bad results and it's sack the manager.

Let's face it, before the season kicked off we were already up there as one of the favourites to go down.  That's not down to the way Scott sets the team up, it's due to the relative quality of the squad.  I think the club are doing the right thing and taking the long term view, with one eye on a possible return to the Championship next season.  Changing the management team halfway through the season is not going to change how likely we are to get results. 

I'd much rather have some stability and grow an ethos within the team .  So what if we go down again? If we build with the long term in mind then maybe next time we can make it stick.

The only time we should make a change from Parker is if it's clear that he's lost the respect of the dressing room.  Changing that does make a difference and needs to be nipped in the bud.  Otherwise, let's keep rebuilding with a long term approach.

💯👆🏻

Give Scott the time he has absolutely earned from last season.
out of interest how much time would you give him, what if we lose our first 6?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Herbie

Until the point it's clear he's lost the dressing room.  I really hope we don't pull the trigger this season just because it looks like we're going down.  If we were an established PL team that was at risk of going down then maybe, but the reality is we're not that anymore. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Herbie on September 19, 2020, 06:39:38 PM
Until the point it's clear he's lost the dressing room.  I really hope we don't pull the trigger this season just because it looks like we're going down.  If we were an established PL team that was at risk of going down then maybe, but the reality is we're not that anymore.

I agree with your post.  I also wanted to stress that I don't think that after 2 games we're likely to go down.   We haven't even invested real promotion money on any players.   The window is still open.

We only need to finish higher than 3 other teams.  We need to stay within striking distance.

Last season after 2 games Bournemouth was 10th in the table.

They got relegated.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Bryan isn't premiership quality (although I'll forever love him for his two goals) and needs to be replaced ASAFP.

We need one absolute top draw CB minimum, preferably 2.

However, getting/keeping Zambo and Lemina fit and in the right headspace, is now a necessity. Absolute best players on the pitch, especially Zambo (not for the first time this season).

A flying, free scoring winger is also essential.

IMO, I think the time has come to sell Mitro (I love him and think he is absolute class), he isn't fast or mobile enough for this league. We need pace. If not sell him, the Brewster from Liverpool on loan as an Owen to our Shearer.....

fulhamben

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 19, 2020, 07:14:32 PM
Bryan isn't premiership quality (although I'll forever love him for his two goals) and needs to be replaced ASAFP.

However, getting/keeping Zambo and Lemina fit and in the right headspace, is now a necessity. Absolute best players on the pitch, especially Zambo (not for the first time this season).

IMO, I think the time has come to sell Mitro (I love him and think he is absolute class), he isn't fast or mobile enough for this league. We need pace. If not sell him, the Brewster from Liverpool on loan as an Owen to our Shearer.....
? mitro has 3 goals in two games and you want to sell him?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 07:16:20 PM

As I said, I love him and think he's class, I just think we could invest in a fast and more mobile premiership quality player.

Mince n Tatties

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on September 19, 2020, 05:19:47 PM
Two very tough games to start the season with a good performance today and already some are looking to blame the manager.
Come on lets all get behind Parker , he is doing well and the best we have had for a while. Give him a couple of top players now and we could survive.

Yet another managerial change and start thinking Championship.

Totally agree, Fulhamben does not like Parker so our manager has no chance in his eyes. Only when we win the Champions League will he come around to begrudgingly like him!

fulhamben

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 19, 2020, 08:07:35 PM
Quote from: filham on September 19, 2020, 05:19:47 PM
Two very tough games to start the season with a good performance today and already some are looking to blame the manager.
Come on lets all get behind Parker , he is doing well and the best we have had for a while. Give him a couple of top players now and we could survive.

Yet another managerial change and start thinking Championship.

Totally agree, Fulhamben does not like Parker so our manager has no chance in his eyes. Only when we win the Champions League will he come around to begrudgingly like him!
winning a point would be a good start. And dropping Parker ball would be a second good way to go up in my estimations. We looked so much better in the last half hour once we abandoned the stupid slow passing it around the back Tactics.

Statto

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 19, 2020, 07:23:24 PM

As I said, I love him and think he's class, I just think we could invest in a fast and more mobile premiership quality player.

What would you hope they use this extra speed and mobility to achieve? Presumably it's not that you want them to score goals (given Mitro already does that and you don't want him)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 19, 2020, 07:23:24 PM

Yes bring in a fast and mobile Premier Division player to join Mitro not replace him, if we want to stay in the Premier you don't sell your best players, plus he is a fighter. The person we should be replacing is the owners son who has wasted so much of his fathers money on mediocrity, that's why there appears to be a lack of money.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 04:16:59 PM
a new contract just after you have been promoted and before you have seen what he can do in the premiership

Ridiculous statement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2020, 09:22:18 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 04:16:59 PM
a new contract just after you have been promoted and before you have seen what he can do in the premiership

Ridiculous statement.
why? We have done most of our players on a loan to buy to see if they can cut it, but jumped straight in with a big contract for the most important member of staff