watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

and that is why its stupid to give a manager

Started by fulhamben, September 19, 2020, 04:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

a new contract just after you have been promoted and before you have seen what he can do in the premiership
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jayffc

Jus text my mate the same thing. utter lunacy. Stuck with this rubbishh or an expensive payout.

Milo

I imagine there will be get out clauses based on performance. Khan Sr is quite shrewd.

sarnian

One question who has been making the mistakes today on the pitch, the players or manager.

General

Quote from: Milo on September 19, 2020, 04:20:05 PM
I imagine there will be get out clauses based on performance. Khan Sr is quite shrewd.

It's Khan jnr who's the one who keeps making decisions. Haven't yet genuinely enjoyed a season under the khan's ownership.

We shouldn't be this far behind leeds - we got promoted with them.

How they had that much space for their first and 4 goals is shocking and beyond me.

Well done Reid for the second. A glimmer of hope.

Sgt Fulham

Not even sure it is the manager. Our players have been poo under 3 managers in the Prem.

Woolly Mammoth

It's not the manager, or not just the manager, so far we have scored three away in this match.
Our defence cannot be defended, it is abysmal.
A manager to an extent is only as good as the players under him, and due to the incompetence of the D of F Scott  and the players and the supporters have been let down yet again.
But game isn't over yet.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

It's not his fault that our team make 4 horrific errors, ask Hector why he did what he did for the first, third and fourth goals, and why Bryan pushed sausage boy when he wasn't even going to win the header for the penalty. We need two good CB's, that's on the transfer team not Parker

Samsara

Posted before the match had even finished? Some supporters can't help but vomit negativity and try to place blame as soon as they feel the slightest twinge of disappointment. It's an amazing way to discredit yourself.

fulhamben

Quote from: Samsara on September 19, 2020, 05:00:06 PM
Posted before the match had even finished? Some supporters can't help but vomit negativity and try to place blame as soon as they feel the slightest twinge of disappointment. It's an amazing way to discredit yourself.
result ended up the same in case you missed it, we lost. villa is a must win game now imo

Baszab

It's not negativity

It's just realism

And people's analysis on a message board

Our defending was inexcusable today

Finnans Right Peg

Individuals making mistakes just look at the mistakes leeds have made in their 2 games and nobody is asking for Bielsa to go .

Odoi and Bryan are not pl standard simple as and startind to doubt Hector .

But Credit to the rest because they kept going and they do that for Parker .

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 04:16:59 PM
a new contract just after you have been promoted and before you have seen what he can do in the premiership

Nonsense. We played quite well. Let down mostly by Hector and also a lack of fitness from Tete, who didn't track back. The tactics were spot on and I don't say that often about Parker.

fulhamben

Quote from: Baszab on September 19, 2020, 05:03:02 PM
It's not negativity

It's just realism

And people's analysis on a message board

Our defending was inexcusable today

yep, im not even saying sack him, im saying it was stupid to give out a big contract before the first ten games at least

Samsara

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 05:01:30 PM
result ended up the same in case you missed it, we lost. villa is a must win game now imo

On to Villa then. We fought from 4-1 down. I wouldn't see that happening under other Managers, even Joka.

itombomb

There's enough blame to go around.

Parker can't be blamed for Hector failing to clear the ball at the corner for their first, and has very little to do with Bryan's calamity.

But he can be blamed for the complete lack of defensive shape that allowed them to score their 2nd and 3rd. Hector should have done a lot better for the Bamford goal, but the team can't be set up to be that easily shredded directly from losing the aerial battle off a goal kick. And yeah Hector's flying up to halfway (and Tete being in no man's land) was crazy, but if players keep on making the same type of mistakes then it is a failure of tactics and coaching.

jayffc

Once again, alot of us weren't completely convinced by promotion via the playoffs and spent the vast part of last season unsure as to why we never got close enough to challenging for automatics (in a pretty weak championship) with the team we had at our disposal. That's where the concern comes from, this is not just kneejerk people calling for his sacking on game 2 (I'm certainly not, he should get a chance with some new higher quality signings brought in) But despite the come back we've conceded 7 goals in 2 games and need to make some massive improvements if we are to stay in this league. Personally appreciate the job Parker did in terms of getting us promoted and in the final of the playoffs he got us performing well. But can we please not pretend the large part of the season where we looked suprisingly dull didnt happen.

I'd love for him to get us playing well and defending better, hopefully he does. But questioning the decision to give him a long deal before a ball is kicked is fair I think. But we all have our opinions

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on September 19, 2020, 05:10:01 PM

Once again, alot of us weren't completely convinced by promotion via the playoffs and spent the vast part of last season unsure of why we failed to seal automatics with the team we had at our disposal. That's where the concern comes from, this is not just kneejerk people calling for his sacking on game 2 (I'm certainly not, he should get a chance with some new higher quality signings brought in) But despite the come back we've conceded 7 goals in 2 games and need to make some massive improvements if we are to stay in this league. Personally appreciate the job Parker did in terms of getting us promoted and in the final of the playoffs he got us performing well. But can we please not pretend the large part of the season where we looked suprisingly dull didnt happen.

I'd love for him to get us playing well and defending better, hopefully he does. But questioning the decision to give him a long deal before a ball is kicked is fair I think. But we all have our opinions

We were dull last season, but you couldn't call us dull today.

Samsara

Once again, alot of us weren't completely convinced by promotion via the playoffs and spent the vast part of last season unsure of why we failed to seal automatics with the team we had at our disposal. That's where the concern comes from, this is not just kneejerk people calling for his sacking on game 2 (I'm certainly not, he should get a chance with some new higher quality signings brought in) But despite the come back we've conceded 7 goals in 2 games and need to make some massive improvements if we are to stay in this league. Personally appreciate the job Parker did in terms of getting us promoted and in the final of the playoffs he got us performing well. But can we please not pretend the large part of the season where we looked suprisingly dull didnt happen.

We were indeed dull last season. If I had to characterize Parker's approach, it would be 'CAREFUL'. We weren't exciting but we were organized and solid. and yes, adjustments need to certainly be made. But if I am balancing my apprehensions about Parker(which there are some, similar to yours) and the credit he definitely deserves, I don't see any reason why he should be receiving blame for the outcome of this match. I support him.

jayffc

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 19, 2020, 05:11:12 PM

We were dull last season, but you couldn't call us dull today.

I didn't and it certainly wasn't dull! It was very much so at 4-1 but fair play, the sub for BDR made a big difference, which on past form none of us saw coming.  That said Kebano was really poor again which is sad to see. He worked hard to track back when losing the ball but looks out his depth at the moment. Rooting for him to turn it around but really hoping we find an exciting winger before the end of the window