watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leeds 4-3 Fulham

Started by Milo, September 19, 2020, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

I didn't see anything but commitment today, maybe lack of CB's of Prem quality. Wr moved the ball well. If Leeds can stay up, so can we with a two better CB's! I know easier said than done.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Bill2

Quote from: Caedal on September 19, 2020, 05:02:29 PM
We played like we always play under Parker.

If he wants to continue to play this formation/style, then we absolutely need 2 starting cbs, 2 starting wingers, and a starting number 10. I have absolutely no interest in hearing anything about "squad harmony", if the current players cant handle it, then they shouldnt be professional footballers, and we should get rid.

I'd even be willing to have a look at Seri in the number 10 role, if he's at all interested in playing.

God knows how Cav was on the pitch at the end. Was literally like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

On the bright side, Anguissa is clearly our best player by MILES. I thought Tete also had a good game.
Have to agree about Cav, thought he was rubbish last week and no better today, how SP can leave him on the pitch is beyond me. Wasteful with the ball and when near the opposition goal mouth always wants to cut inside and lose it. Someone should tell him that he can go on the outside and put a cross in.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mullers OG on September 19, 2020, 05:48:00 PM
I didn't think that was too bad. What are people expecting?  We went up via the playoffs. This was always going to be a huge task to stay in the top division. We look more purposeful than last time and we are managed better by someone who realised how difficult it's going to be.

Of course we need one or two top class centre backs but then everybody else is looking for those as well. Even if we find them do they want to join us or are there less fraught offers elsewhere?  Odoi was alright today but would be better used on the bench or to fill in when injuries/suspensions come. Hector is,I hope, just going through a rough patch.

We also desperately need more fire power up front. Mitro can't do it alone all the time. Reid isn't a no.9 and there's no-one else. We persist in playing Kamara who isn't a winger and is, at best, a sub in lower leagues. Time to cut our losses and sell him to free up space for someone better.

The difference being we have promotion money that we haven't even spent yet.   Not a lot of teams have that.

We should be able to bring in two CBs from other leagues simply by paying the relegation battle tax.   

RaySmith

Agree with Woolly.

Very positive that we fought back and came within  a goalpost' s coat of paint of getting a point from a team tipped to finish   halfway in the table.

Our downfall, of course, was   awful defending, and this  needs to be sorted. New players, if we can get them, more confidence and organisation.
Hector is surely better than he is looking at the moment, as are all our players. Tete made a difference, as did Lemina i think.

But we need to look at the positives, and learn, and hopefully get some new faces at the back, and even a pacey forward alongside Mitro.

These things aren't  that easy to accomplish in such a short time, but a fans we need to get behind manager and team. The  fighting spirit today should be applauded - the game could so easily gone in the other direction, but  now we have some hope  at least, of improvement, after our second half performance, when   we looked at least as good as them.
WE scored three goals  away today.

ALG01

Quote from: RaySmith on September 19, 2020, 05:55:03 PM
Agree with Woolly.

Very positive that we fought back and came within  a goalpost' s coat of paint of getting a point from a team tipped to finish   halfway in the table.

Our downfall, of course, was   awful defending, and this  needs to be sorted. New players, if we can get them, more confidence and organisation.
Hector is surely better than he is looking at the moment, as are all our players. Tete made a difference, as did Lemina i think.

But we need to look at the positives, and learn, and hopefully get some new faces at the back, and even a pacey forward alongside Mitro.

These things aren't  that easy to accomplish in such a short time, but a fans we need to get behind manager and team. The  fighting spirit today should be applauded - the game could so easily gone in the other direction, but  now we have some hope  at least, of improvement, after our second half performance, when   we looked at least as good as them.
WE scored three goals  away today.
Until we get a new DoF there are no positives, we are doomed to relegation again, but at least we have a good championship squad.

AnOldBrownie

I've complained a lot today.

But I like the squad from top to bottom.

I like that we've kept our players from last season...like all of them...but we still need 2 starters.

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 06:05:02 PM

Until we get a new DoF there are no positives, we are doomed to relegation again, but at least we have a good championship squad.

Going to laugh at you when you're proven wrong.

ALG01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 06:07:24 PM
I've complained a lot today.

But I like the squad from top to bottom.

I like that we've kept our players from last season...like all of them...but we still need 2 starters.

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 06:05:02 PM

Going to laugh at you when you're proven wrong.

and I will be happy to to be proved wrong. but unfortunately i cannot imagine that happening. this is history repeating. The squad remains very unbalanced and we have allowed players that could easilly have been tempted here to gpo elsewhere.

YankFFCFan

It's glaring that the need is for 2 Prem level CBs. Happy to see the boys get 3 in net in 90 though, wasn't sure we would see that this year. Need to clean up the back and start stealing some points.

Must get 3 from Villa next week.

rebel

In some ways this is 2018, no pre-season, using the Prem games as pre-season, signing plays - the season has already started etc. We just need to make the best of it.

ScalleysDad

It's an interesting read so far but some of the views and opinions are spread so far apart I sometimes think I watched a different game and the anti Parker rumblings starting already at least made me smile. Shocking defending from both sides and some harem scarum stuff throughout sums up what I watched. But for some stupidity in the penalty box, Bryan for their second and Mitro for some powder puff shooting and so openly manhandling the Leeds defenders this could have been a different game entirely and against the media darlings to boot. Parker made changes on Wednesday and again today to find the mix we need. Some players are looking like they will 'get it' and develop whilst others sadly look lost, last seasons messiah, Hector, was spectacularly found out again today. Lemina and Reed playing together to add some protection to the back line might yet work but then what of Cairney? I saw on another thread that some thought dropping Cairney was long overdue. Maybe so but giving Mitro the armband was hopefully a birthday present. Our captain needs to be in the mix and lead from the front and by example ......... damn if I know who that is other than Reed.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: EricB on September 19, 2020, 05:01:01 PM
Our defence was poor. On the plus side, I thought Anguissa looked good. Mitro came into the game once he started to get some service.  Why we persist with inverted wingers defies me, when we Mitro waiting for good early crosses. Think SP is still juggling to what his best team and formation is.  I sincerely hope finds out whilst he is still in a job.

We have inverted wingers because our fullbacks overlap for crossing. Also, we need more scoring threat than just Mitro. Thought Bobby DR, who I've never been positive about, had his best game in a while. His shadow striker was what was needed vs. Onomah's shocker.

Moltobueno

Besides the defending errors that lead to Leeds' goals, I thought our gameplay was limited due to poor wingers - several times we started counter attack from the middle and Reed/Zambo didn't have anyone ahead of them to pass to.
We could use someone like Babel indeed.

Kamara and Cav both lost the ball on the wing so many times and didn't create anything.

On the flipside - their left winger Harrison - barely noticed he's on the pitch (so I assume Tete marked him fine but got tired in the 2nd half).
Besides first 15min same for Helder Costa.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 19, 2020, 04:58:24 PM
I'm too depressed to say anything😥

Buck up and embrace the struggle. The Premier League is the Nazi Germany of professional football. Pick a beach, stand up and fight!

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: alfie on September 19, 2020, 05:06:11 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2020, 05:04:18 PM
I just hope you swallow your biases and give the boy's some credit. Yes, we all know about our defence, but today's come back was tremendous and it sounds as though it was a very good game, so come on, applaud rather than criticise, and join me in watching MTOD tonight.
Silly mistakes cost us, overall we fought well, Anguissa was immense, Hector poor.

Totally agree with your comments on the game.
Re Hector, he's never played in the PL, is he now being found out after all of us raving about him last season. Let's hope he up's his game and proves he is a PL defender and not just a good Championship player.
Disappointing result but there were plenty of positives to hang on too.