watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Leeds 4-3 Fulham

Started by Milo, September 19, 2020, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

So it wasn't just me that thought Harrison Reed wasn't anything special? 

I'd give him a 5 grade.

junior white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 04:58:15 PM
NOW can we sign an attacking player and a CB?

SPEND THE MONEY!!!

Oh, and I will still never be a fan of Joe Bryan at this level, but that's just me.   If I were any of the top 10 EPL sides I'd attack our left side every time.

Odoi did ok today.

Zambo did ok today.

Tete did ok today.

Mitro did ok today.

The rest of the squad was forgettable.
Forget the attacking player for now sign defenders to play at CB we need a tall quickesh CB who can defend, obvious I know

Lordedmundo

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 05:14:11 PM

I'd give him a 5 grade.

He was a yard short last week, only half a yard this week. But inferior opposition of course....

itombomb

I'd give him a 5 grade.
It has to be in his contract that he's not allowed to shoot from outside the box. He was decent, he's a solid player who was decent doing his job.

Twig

Parker deserves a lot of credit for changing the psychology of his squad. A year ago heads dropped and we had a losing mentality, now we fight to the end.
TK deserves blame for signing players we don't really need but utterly failing to strengthen the centre of defence.

absenteeism

Harrison Reed is a micky mouse player.

Runs around a bit but no positional sense. Useless with the ball.

Lets get Luis over the line from Benfica

Tabby

Quote from: itombomb on September 19, 2020, 05:17:12 PM

I'd give him a 5 grade.
It has to be in his contract that he's not allowed to shoot from outside the box. He was decent, he's a solid player who was decent doing his job.
Yeah, thought he did alright. At least he didn't gift the ball to Leeds with his back to goal like Lemina did. Think Lemina is fine further up the field but he makes me nervous coming deep.

Milo

Interesting reflections. Agree with consensus.

Anguissa looks very good. Good close control and strong. A bit like Dembele MK1.

Tete a bit rough round the edges but potential.

Hector has been woeful of late. Let's hope it's just a dip in form because he was excellent last year.

Bryan hit and miss as ever but wouldn't rush to replace him.

Mitrovic unfit and we need to play him in the games we are most likely to win and maybe rest him against the big teams as counter productive as that sounds in the short term.. because he was still a force today despite being off the boil.

Cav, Kebano, etc all just fill a gap really don't they. Don't offer much at this level except hard work rate.

AK remains an impact sub for me. His pace and strength and "something different" works best when we are out of ideas around 70 mins in when we need to get their defenders thinking.

All in all, we look below the standard to survive currently but there's an entire season to go. Only thing is, PL is far less forgiving than the CS and we have to treat games against those around us very seriously even at this early stage.

SG

Quote from: grandad on September 19, 2020, 05:13:49 PM
Priority is a LCB that can give confidence to Hector. Odoi, great servant he has been, is not an EPL standard FB or CB. Dump this playing with inverted wingers. I hated this last season. It does not work. Wingers should cross from their correct sides with their dominant foot. Bryan has to make way for Robinson.
This has been our priority for three years and still no solution. We carry on conceding goals like this and there is only one place we are heading - back to the Championship.
Don't get me started on Bryan - his first job is to prevent centres into our box. Instead he seems to invite them to cross.

Nero

the priority is to get the ball up the pitch and in to the box quicker, the parkerball is like wilkinsball lots of possession no cutting edge, players just stood around not making runs theres no cutting edge, and have we every kept a clean sheet with Odoi in the back 4 in the premier league

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 05:18:28 PM
Quote from: itombomb on September 19, 2020, 05:17:12 PM

I'd give him a 5 grade.
Yeah, thought he did alright. At least he didn't gift the ball to Leeds with his back to goal like Lemina did. Think Lemina is fine further up the field but he makes me nervous coming deep.

Well...we see why we offered for Luis. 

Our squad is made up of a lot of solid subs.   Mitro, Anguissa, Tete, Cairney and maybe Reed (I think Robinson will fall in that group as well) are the exceptions.

We need 2/3 quality purchases over the next week.   Bremer/Kongolo...and I don't care who the winger is as long as he has size and pace. Someone to change up our slow attack.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Twig on September 19, 2020, 05:17:20 PM
Parker deserves a lot of credit for changing the psychology of his squad. A year ago heads dropped and we had a losing mentality, now we fight to the end.
TK deserves blame for signing players we don't really need but utterly failing to strengthen the centre of defence.

We need to get behind Scott.  He's not going anywhere over the next two seasons.   If we get relegated imo it's going to be squarely on Tony Khan imo (and I'm a fan of his).

Scott can only perform with the players he's given.

shepperton white

Did anyone listen to Merson's post match remarks? He said "everyone is looking for decent centre backs and nobody can get one".  Just gives a little perspective on FFC's recruiting problems

The Rock

The result was expected. We weren't going to beat Arsenal, and we weren't going to beat Leeds away.

At least there were some positives, and for the 837,463,928th time, it is confirmed we still need CB's.

I do expect we take all 3 points against Villa though. We can win 4 of the next six, and expect 3 from the next 6.

It's too early to pass judgement, and there are no lack of constructive criticisms. Time will tell.

Woolly Mammoth

There were positives today quite a few, nobody said it was going to be easy, so have to keep our heads up and look forward to the next match, the next challenge and turn this round. Not long before the window closes .
But if we do not get two upgrades in defence, then it could be a long hard season which will separate the men from the boys.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

absenteeism

Parker: "I certainly realise we can't give goals up as easily as that. It's not about training, it's about a mindset and being on high alert. In the PL, if you're relaxed and not aggressive or sensing that danger, you're going to struggle."

Dodgy quote there from Scott.

I would hope a bit of training might help in tightening the defence Scott....

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: absenteeism on September 19, 2020, 05:44:27 PM
Parker: "I certainly realise we can't give goals up as easily as that. It's not about training, it's about a mindset and being on high alert. In the PL, if you're relaxed and not aggressive or sensing that danger, you're going to struggle."

That's code for " I need 3 more premier league quality players".

We all know it.   Tony Khan better do something while we have the window and the money to spend.

Nero

Quote from: absenteeism on September 19, 2020, 05:44:27 PM

Yea, if only you had just over a year to train them Scott

ashteadFFC

CB (or 2) needed - we know that. I know we scored 3 but relying on Mitro worries me - need to strengthen here as well. To be fair we have some midfield players can score goals and it is nice to see Bobby get one - he seems a confidence player for me. Maybe Mitro/Bobby can be our Zamora/Johnson mark 2 partnership

Mullers OG

I didn't think that was too bad. What are people expecting?  We went up via the playoffs. This was always going to be a huge task to stay in the top division. We look more purposeful than last time and we are managed better by someone who realised how difficult it's going to be.

Of course we need one or two top class centre backs but then everybody else is looking for those as well. Even if we find them do they want to join us or are there less fraught offers elsewhere?  Odoi was alright today but would be better used on the bench or to fill in when injuries/suspensions come. Hector is,I hope, just going through a rough patch.

We also desperately need more fire power up front. Mitro can't do it alone all the time. Reid isn't a no.9 and there's no-one else. We persist in playing Kamara who isn't a winger and is, at best, a sub in lower leagues. Time to cut our losses and sell him to free up space for someone better.