Southampton to go down this season?

Started by General, September 16, 2020, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

rebel

Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2020, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 11:30:11 AM
Saints were never going to be relegation candidates though so I think some egg on face bantering is fine here!

Exhibit A

If they're still in the top 6 in May then by all means come back to this thread

They won't be, but they do remind me of Leicester in the way they play. If they are I will sing 'we are the champions' in F minor.

FFC1987

Saints were never going to be relegation candidates though so I think some egg on face bantering is fine here!

Exhibit A

Why top 6? I just said they weren't going to be relegation candidates!

General

Have to be honest? This post hasn't aged well and hasenhutti? Has done a solid job with them and they seem to have turned a corner, I do think the thread was fair given the time it was posted and also would put in the caveat perhaps of suggesting that two of their five wins came against burnley and West brom and two others came against villa and Newcastle.

Even we've beaten west Bromwich and believe both west Bromwich and burnley are still currently without a win.

They may not go down, but that could very well be down to the poor quality of the three teams currently in the bottom 3.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2020, 12:45:12 PM

Exhibit A

Ok well I will modify it to top 8 instead of top 6, and say that everyone from 9th downwards has the potential to be sucked into a relegation battle in this division. 9th and 10th last year was Burnley and Sheffield United. So no Southampton probably won't go down this year because of the start they've had but they'll still (along with Leeds, Villa and us) be among the teams in a relegation battle or on the precipice thereof. So anyone like the OP who asked whether they might go down isn't really far wrong.

IMO

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 17, 2020, 02:11:41 AM
Way too early to tell. Hassenhutl knows what he's doing. They should be fine, I think. West Ham looks to implode and West Brom is going to struggle a lot like us.

This guy knows his footie.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on November 07, 2020, 01:12:27 PM

Exhibit A

Ok well I will modify it to top 8 instead of top 6, and say that everyone from 9th downwards has the potential to be sucked into a relegation battle in this division. 9th and 10th last year was Burnley and Sheffield United. So no Southampton probably won't go down this year because of the start they've had but they'll still (along with Leeds, Villa and us) be among the teams in a relegation battle or on the precipice thereof. So anyone like the OP who asked whether they might go down isn't really far wrong.

IMO

They wont be involved in a relegation battle in any way shape or form, and anybody that said that they will be "in or around the bottom three" couldn't have been any more wrong if they had tried,
Which is fine we've all made mistakes,  but sometimes you have to just hold your hands up instead of trying to justify the hopeless prediction.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: filham on November 07, 2020, 10:21:41 AM
Find me the pundit who at the beginning of the season would have even hinted that Shef. U. would be bottom and Southampton top of the premier league.

Exactly. Pundits are fake news mostly. It's how they make a living.

RaySmith

Things could change a lot  before the end of the season.

rebel

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on November 07, 2020, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 17, 2020, 02:11:41 AM
Way too early to tell. Hassenhutl knows what he's doing. They should be fine, I think. West Ham looks to implode and West Brom is going to struggle a lot like us.

This guy knows his footie.

The jury is out, you could look at it this way, all the top teams are pants at the moment, no team is streaking ahead, normally the top 6 are flying, hasn't happened, so Southampton's average performances has propelled them to the top.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on November 07, 2020, 01:27:11 PM

Exhibit A

IMO

They wont be involved in a relegation battle in any way shape or form, and anybody that said that they will be "in or around the bottom three" couldn't have been any more wrong if they had tried,
Which is fine we've all made mistakes,  but sometimes you have to just hold your hands up instead of trying to justify the hopeless prediction.

Lol, you are some kind of WUM Riversider. Ain't you got anything better to do? Anyway I look forward to coming back to this in a few months, and making you look silly like I did on the TK thread yesterday with your own silly contradictions.

terryr

On the strength of today I think they are safe

FFC1987

Exhibit A

IMO

I don't know, we'll see but I don't see them in any sort of relegation battle. We all make bad predictions though, I said Westham would struggle but look at them since then! Its fine to be wrong and its also fine we have a little laugh about it.

Statto

Sinking like a stone
Bottom of the form table
Less points than us and even less than Sheffield since 7 December
Only 4 pts between them and Newcastle in the table

Not looking so far off relegation candidates now...

Could be a 6-pointer when we play them in May
086.gif

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2021, 02:05:41 AM
Sinking like a stone
Bottom of the form table
Less points than us and even less than Sheffield since 7 December
Only 4 pts between them and Newcastle in the table

Not looking so far off relegation candidates now...

Could be a 6-pointer when we play them in May
086.gif

I was going to message you today actually! Although they were very unfortunate against Wolves. VAR was a farce with the two penalty decisions!

Having said that, injuries have disrupted there season massively. There's definitely an issue there though, with Ward-Prowse producing Worldy freekicks, which perhaps paved over some of the cracks, they're certainly struggling of late.

Let's not get too carried away though, they're see a win away from being 11th and have a nice gap margin above relegation so I still think they'll finish comfortably above but probably around the 14th Mark so not as high as I previously thought!