watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi should never play for us again

Started by sunburywhite, September 28, 2020, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Swan

Odoi is a waste of space. He has just given away a free kick which Villa have scored another goal.
The Swan

Mr K.Dilkington

very average to poor in the championship and handed a new contract because of sentiment. Weakness gets punished in many forms at PL level.
Foolish ham

Pippo

All the goals his fault. If we replaced Odoi, would we be losing 3-0? Debatable, because we've been pretty bad going forward too.

One Martin Thomas

He should not have made our last PL squad .... agree

Pippo

He did it again, let his marker just run behind him, someone shouted "ball watching". Take him off, it's embarrassing.

sonnyjim

Yeah and Hector is taken off... It's pathetic.

He has something over the club, he must be shagging TK or something.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 28, 2020, 07:10:00 PM
Yeah and Hector is taken off... It's pathetic.

He has something over the club, he must be shagging TK or something.

Only up the Arsenal
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Denver Fulham

It's really unfair to slag a player who isn't good enough for this league for being poor in this league because we haven't successfully recruited more capable players to replace him. Denis has been great at this club, and really important to both promotion seasons. He's no different from Cairney, really.

Pippo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 28, 2020, 07:13:54 PM
It's really unfair to slag a player who isn't good enough for this league for being poor in this league because we haven't successfully recruited more capable players to replace him. Denis has been great at this club, and really important to both promotion seasons. He's no different from Cairney, really.

Cairney hasn't played as bad in this league. He's been okay today, played a couple of nice through balls and lofted passes. Looked nice on the ball. He just doesn't shift it quick enough against better pressing sides. Plus he doesn't track back enough, but he has on occasion put his foot in more recently.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Pippo on September 28, 2020, 07:21:27 PM

Cairney hasn't played as bad in this league. He's been okay today, played a couple of nice through balls and lofted passes. Looked nice on the ball. He just doesn't shift it quick enough against better pressing sides. Plus he doesn't track back enough, but he has on occasion put his foot in more recently.

The point is ... Cairney isn't good enough to start in this league. At least for us. His limitations get exposed badly. But people defend him and shred Denis. It's pretty ugly to turn on a player like that, especially one who's had a lot of positive impact for us. His crime is being not good enough for the Prem but he keeps playing because he's the best we have. Why is that his doing?

Bryanthebroom

sonnyjim

It has to be said. What would you rather people lie? Keep playing him in the team and Scott Parker will be sacked soon. And I like Parker.

Odoi is not good enough for this league and he was a liability a lot last season as well. I'm not trying to offend people but it has to be said. People want me to sit here and big up players who are actually making us a laughing stock, well it isn't gonna happen.

Pippo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 28, 2020, 07:24:11 PM

The point is ... Cairney isn't good enough to start in this league. At least for us. His limitations get exposed badly. But people defend him and shred Denis. It's pretty ugly to turn on a player like that, especially one who's had a lot of positive impact for us. His crime is being not good enough for the Prem but he keeps playing because he's the best we have. Why is that his doing?

We don't carry Cairney though, he doesn't look out of place. Most of our CB's do. It's not just an Odoi thing, as bad as he needs to be replaced. Cairney could function in a premier league side, I'm confident of that. Although not for much longer, he's at that age when the legs could go at any time for some players

HobGoblin

Quote from: Pippo on September 28, 2020, 07:31:29 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 28, 2020, 07:24:11 PM

Think both are not for this league. The deadwood we have in this side is plain to see. Living on past glories and found wanting last time in this league and more so this time.

We don't carry Cairney though, he doesn't look out of place. Most of our CB's do. It's not just an Odoi thing, as bad as he needs to be replaced. Cairney could function in a premier league side, I'm confident of that. Although not for much longer, he's at that age when the legs could go at any time for some players

The Rock

Sadly, you can replace "Odoi" with "Ream" and perhaps "Hector" and it would read the same.

Tony Khan needs these players for League One in a few years too. Lets not be so fast to dismiss them.

FFC In Oz

Known this for years lol.

He has no positional awareness.  Can't track a run.  Prone to rash challenges.

Sting of the North

"Waste of space" is no way to describe a great servant of this club, regardless of your personal opinion of his performances. People should act as adults even in defeat, in my opinion.

hongkongfulham

Jay