more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan has Quickly Tweeted an Apology for the Villa game

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, September 28, 2020, 07:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Jay on September 28, 2020, 08:04:03 PM
Football agents eyes are gonna be replaced with pound signs, we are screwed.

No we're not.   We haven't spent any money yet.

Southdowns White

Tony, please just concentrate on getting the defence sorted and make life easier for us all, especially yourself.

Mince n Tatties

rebel

HobGoblin

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2020, 08:05:28 PM
I'm giving Tony Khan until this transfer window has closed...and then I personally will do a 180 and lean towards his removal.

I understand how tough a position he's in, but what I saw today screamed of some of the games I saw Fulham draw, lose or would have lost if not for a worldly goal from some player last season.

Fulham look like they need 4 starts   Two defenders and two attacking players.   And we need to get away from only crossing the ball into Mitro.

This, Exactly this, we played one dimensional and with a useless/spineless/waste of space defence.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on September 28, 2020, 08:09:20 PM
When in doubt, just play good old fashioned 4 - 4 - 2.

Doesn't help if you FBs try to overlap...then the back line is no long a back line...but a group of ourt of position players.

Fulham look positionally poor.  Have looked position ally poor for over two years now.   

fulhamben

yep, i definitely would. we know parker ball doesnt work, we know 5/3 at the back doesnt work. get back to basics, let the defenders defend, midfield control the mdifield and attackers attack. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Too late. Every club has to deal with the issues he's mentioned and they're all foreseeable. Whether you get caught out by these things is the difference between a proper DoF and a part-time amateur.

We should have been simultaneously on the phone to our 1sr  2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th choice CBs two months ago.

john dempsey

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2020, 08:11:24 PM

Doesn't help if you FBs try to overlap...then the back line is no long a back line...but a group of ourt of position players.

Fulham look positionally poor.  Have looked position ally poor for over two years now.   
have you seen our defence, id fine any defender that crosses the halfway line

S.F.Sorrow

I'm sure that tweet from TK has done wonders for our current CB's morale. :005:

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on September 28, 2020, 08:13:04 PM
Too late. Every club has to deal with the issues he's mentioned and they're all foreseeable. Whether you get caught out by these things is the difference between a proper DoF and a part-time amateur.

You're not wrong...(that TK is inexperienced...as well as stretched thin) but what do you suggest they do?   His father will not fire him.

So what's next?

fulhamben

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 28, 2020, 08:14:22 PM
I'm sure that tweet from TK has done wonders for our current CB's morale. :005:
sticking up for them with the old only looking to compliment the squad hasnt worked either. they are crap, we know they are crap, the whole god damn world knows they are crap, so im pretty sure they already know themselves that they are crap

Woolly Mammoth

I have sent an email to demand his resignation with immediate effect.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2020, 08:15:03 PM

You're not wrong...(that TK is inexperienced...as well as stretched thin) but what do you suggest they do?   His father will not fire him.

So what's next?

Do what intelligent people do. Bring in people who can cover your inabilities. Sadly, I don't think TK is a man of intelligence but a man of ego.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 08:17:54 PM

That was 5 mins of your life you won't get back.

Twig

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 28, 2020, 08:15:03 PM

So what's next?

If stinking rotten nepotism means he doesn't get fired (or at least moved sideways), then we will slowly sink into and potentially below the Championship.  Our income will fall, the size of our supporter base will fall and Shad's investment will show very poor returns indeed.  He will possibly become disenchanted and look to sell, which would be a shame because apart from the nepotism he seems a decent bloke and is potentially very good for our club.

FFC NY

Quote from: alfie on September 28, 2020, 07:59:39 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 28, 2020, 07:57:19 PM
Lol what a joke. 

Using COVID as an excuse.

And you should never think anyone is signed until the ink is drying on the contract.

At this level, you need contingency plans.  You can't just target one player, it falls through and move on to the next.

You need to be working on deals constantly.
Well if you have covid you obviously cannot do a medical until it's gone, and depends on how they have reacted to the virus, then 2 weeks isolation before you can then do medical, it all adds up.

Could also be the club being understandably cautious over investing in COVID hit players. In the premier lacrosse league one of the players, Jules Heningburg, has post COVID cardiac issues.... https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/jules-heningburg-exits-pll-bubble-citing-cardiac-issue-since-recovering-from-covid-19/56647

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2020, 08:17:54 PM

That was 5 mins of your life you won't get back.

Ten minutes of my life actually as I also gave him a piece of my mind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.