News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TK"Frankly we would’ve absolutely killed to be a yo-yo club when I took it over"

Started by Jurassic Parker, September 28, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

I remember MAF saying "If you don't like what I say there is a team in blue up the road, go there".

Dougie

Quote from: JimmyBullardsBarber on September 28, 2020, 11:58:16 PM
I'm going to say this obvious thing here: if you think Tony Khan was at fault today, you're watching a different club. Sure, he's a petulant ponce and taken a terrible look at improving our squad but SP has more than enough talent to have matched up with Villa today. Our defensive structure looks like that of a pub league (and please spare the tired line, "Ream is the worst" as a way to justify how shitty the rest of our defense are).

Hard disagree. We have a Championship defence. There is not a Premiership-quality player among them. We are where we are in large part because a huge amount of our 2018 signings remain toxic assets that are crippling our ability to assemble a side to compete in this division, along with spending £30m+ on three Championship-quality wingers last season when one or two would have easily sufficed.

Sgt Fulham

Wow the Jacksonville fans seem to hate this guy too. What i dont understand is how he can balance it all. Surely DoF of a Premier League club is one of those jobs that takes over your life. If he is also director of some Wrestling crap and full time keyboard warrior, along with his Jacksonville role then its no real surprise that he cannot perform them properly.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 29, 2020, 12:35:08 AM
Wow the Jacksonville fans seem to hate this guy too. What i dont understand is how he can balance it all. Surely DoF of a Premier League club is one of those jobs that takes over your life. If he is also director of some Wrestling crap and full time keyboard warrior, along with his Jacksonville role then its no real surprise that he cannot perform them properly.

Jack of all trades, master of f#@k all

Statto

Quote from: gang on September 29, 2020, 12:17:58 AM
I remember MAF saying "If you don't like what I say there is a team in blue up the road, go there".

When you turn a crap third tier club that's about to fold into European cup finalists you get a bit of leeway in fairness

Matt10

I'm going to say this obvious thing here: if you think Tony Khan was at fault today, you're watching a different club. Sure, he's a petulant ponce and taken a terrible look at improving our squad but SP has more than enough talent to have matched up with Villa today. Our defensive structure looks like that of a pub league (and please spare the tired line, "Ream is the worst" as a way to justify how shitty the rest of our defense are).

Working as a unit should've been our focus since getting promoted, and yet it looks like we haven't practiced since May. Are players to blame, also? Right you are.

Defend as a unit, including set pieces, and you can stay up.

Agreed. The lack of consistency in lineup and system is killing us - not lack of signings or Tim Ream. Shades of 18/19.

The Rock

I would just like to say cheers and thank you Sophie Johnson for taking him to task.

RaySmith

Not sure that TK deserves the blame he gets.
r
He, and his team  have brought in  decent playes, and, if he is ti be believed,  have tried and failed to get cb's.

Are the khans solely responsible for our demise - weren't we on the skids when they took over, after MAF  was  gradually financial backing with a view to  bailing out?

Without the khans we could have easily headed in the other direction.

His post game  tweets seem defensive  in the heat of the  moment, after an abysmal first half performance.

I just feel that the problems maybe lie deeper than  just Tony Khan.

Whatever, the Khans are  our owners at the moment, and so we have to make the best of it, and there have been many definite positives about their reign, including getting back to the Prem first time of asking, when many relegated clubs go in the opposite direction, and it has been exceptionally difficult to bring in new players  with such a short time span, and clubs like Leeds with Bielsa, and villa,  having survived a season in the Prem, probably have more clout.

At least Tk a attempts to communicate wit fans, and i feel he will bring in suitable defensive reinforcements and definitely   doesn't want us to go down, and knows fully how desperate the situation is.

The Rational Fan

Spot On, i'm happy to stay a yo-yo club. So provided Tony Khan can keep us as a yo-yo club, then I will be happy. Although, we are currently a bad yo-yo club that could end up a championship club, rather than a good yo-yo club that could end up a premier league club. 

In order to stay a yo-yo club, we must stay up this season (we need some luck to do this) or get promoted from the championship next season (if we plan well we should do this). We need yo-yo quality defenders and Hector is our only yo-yo quality central defender at the moment in my opinion.  I suggest need to buy a new yo-yo quality RCB and LCB now to get embededed in the team and get the team promoted next season.

Ream, Odoi and MLM were yo-yo quality defenders, but are no longer yo-yo quality players, so we need young yo-yo players in. Our first priority needs to be avoiding falling out of the yo-yo club list in the next few years, once the players are here, they need to fight to stay up this season, get promoted again and become more than a yo-yo club.   

RaySmith

With respect TRF, I don't think anyone actually plans to be a yo yo club myself.
Well, such a plan  could easily come unstuck, and you end up going i the other direction.

The plan surely should be to stay in the Prem, building  year  by year as the money comes in,  rather than constantly having to rebuild, with all the upheaval that involves.
And if you only sign Ch. quality players, them likely will always get relegated   when you're in the Prem, while Prem quality players won't want to play in the ch.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on September 29, 2020, 05:48:50 AM
With respect TRF, I don't think anyone actually plans to be a yo yo club myself.
Well, such a plan  could easily come unstuck, and you end up going i the other direction.

The plan surely should be to stay in the Prem, building  year  by year as the money comes in,  rather than constantly having to rebuild, with all the upheaval that involves.
And if you only sign Ch. quality players, them likely will always get relegated   when you're in the Prem, while Prem quality players won't want to play in the ch.

True, a yo-yo club plan can become unstuck but so can any plan. Ten teams have come up though the playoffs from 2006 to 2010 and from 2014 to 2018 combined, only one club was in the PL two season later after playoff promotion (Fulham 2018) and they did it the yo-yo method. Any plan for a playoff promoted team is probably going to fall, but yo-yoing can work. If we cannot pick up a ready made premier league defender, its our best option.

I think Norwich planned to be a yo-yo team, otherwise "why didn't they spend money on new players last season?" and "why didn't they sell more of their valuable players this season?". If we want to become more than a yo-yo team, we build a solid defense so we either we need excellent players that we aint getting or we need decent players with time (like a couple of seasons) for them to become a strong cohesive unit.

If we get Pique and Smalling great we should stay up, otherwise we may need to plan on building a strong defense with decent players gaining cohesion over time and for that plan to work we need to not spend all our money now.

S.F.Sorrow

The problem with being a yo yo club is that the Championship can be a very tough league to get out of. At least if you plan on going UP... Planning on being a long term yo yo club is definitely not something I would "kill" for and I honestly don't think any club would be stupid enough to actually plan for this.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on September 29, 2020, 02:14:52 AM

Working as a unit should've been our focus since getting promoted, and yet it looks like we haven't practiced since May. Are players to blame, also? Right you are.

Agreed. The lack of consistency in lineup and system is killing us - not lack of signings or Tim Ream. Shades of 18/19.

Agree. While Parker has not been provided with some key additions that this squad desperately needs, he has also managed to make a bad situation worse by his team selections and tactics. In my opinion. He should have trusted in his own process through these three games, because so far he has only managed to make the defense worse for each game.

filham

For over half a century of watching Fulham we operated with a chairman and a manager rather than a chairman, director of football and a coach, The old system seemed to work a lot better than the new one.

Oh to have MAF and Roy back in control.

junior white

I actually think he means when he became DoF as that was after we had been in the championship for a season or just after we went down the first time

Matt10

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 29, 2020, 11:06:38 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on September 29, 2020, 02:14:52 AM

Agree. While Parker has not been provided with some key additions that this squad desperately needs, he has also managed to make a bad situation worse by his team selections and tactics. In my opinion. He should have trusted in his own process through these three games, because so far he has only managed to make the defense worse for each game.

Exactly. That is where I see the same things of 18/19, where Slav could not figure out his best squad - to the point we couldn't even predict a lineup. You know it's bad when you can't predict the starting lineup. Who here would have thought of a 3-4-3 with Odoi playing RCB and Tim Ream LCB in the same lineup? Who would have thought we would cross into Mitro 40+ times? At what point in time did he say "Okay, lads, we've put in 20 crosses to Mitro, start cutting inside and taking shots more often." - It wasn't until Kamara's left footed shot (that led to BDR's disallowed goal) that we actually started doing that.

The issue is Parker is chopping and changing so much that he can't even isolate who is up for the fight, and who isn't. He needs to go back to basics. One system - his 4-2-3-1, and one gameplay style. Nail in the defending from that system, and bring it to the next match. Stop worrying about who we're facing up against, whether they are man marking or they are gegenpressing. Just stick to what we know - and what we are. Walk before you can run and all that.

ALG01

Quote from: john dempsey on September 28, 2020, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 28, 2020, 10:11:32 PM
when his family took on the club we were in the prem.
he is delusional.

and if he was that clever he would know to step aside and get in proper people.
his family still here and we are still in the PREM.

We are still in the prem because we cannot be reomved until 38 games are played.
I think he and his father should remain because they clearly are very committed to us.
BUT
TK is out of his depth and is not an experienced seasoned profesional and that is what we need.
When MAF took over he brought Keegan to run things, and that was shrewd, he did not put one of his kids in charge of team affairs.
What we have is maddness, with any other surname TK would have been shown the door. Now I think that would be wrong, what needs to be done is for TK to take a step sideways, away fro m anything to do with team matters, he does not have the skill set, these errors are repeating and his excuses and videos, lamentable.

Pluto

It's ridiculous that this guy is director of football. He has absolutely no experience in football whatsoever. Look at the number of jobs he lists on his twitter profile - it's pure egoism at this point. He needs to recognise that this club is important to the fans and not just his plaything. Resign now and hire someone with experience who can commit their full time and attention to what is an absolutely crucial role if we're to avoid relegation (and subsequently cost his father hundreds of millions of pounds).

FulhamStu

I am not excusing Tony Khan and he was silly to try and debate his errors, it's hard enough on here debating things as fans are so entrenched in their views, however:

Without MAF and now Khan putting a small fortune into the club we would not be a yo-yo team, we would be in Div 1 or 2. 

I suspect many don't remember those days, before the money.  Micky Adams was a total star to even get us out of div 2, I remember the first game in div 1 with Micky in charge just after MAF took over, we were totally out played at home by someone like Carlisle, think we got a draw but it was the reality of a team without the billionaire owner.  Mo spent big at the time, Khan spends even more.   I would of course prefer a proper football brain to be in charge of recruitment but I will take what we have rather than how things were in the good old days when only about 4,000 of us turned up !

You can have a go at Tony as much as you like but without his Dads money we would be in serious dodo.