News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TK"Frankly we would’ve absolutely killed to be a yo-yo club when I took it over"

Started by Jurassic Parker, September 28, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 30, 2020, 01:46:59 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on September 29, 2020, 02:34:53 PM
i don't want fulham to become the new WBA i.e too good for championship not good enough ever for PL.

Our first priority is to stay too good for the Championship. Fulham is one of the few teams to get promoted from the Championship playoffs and still be in the league two seasons later,as teams that go up though the playoff nearly alway go back down.

We need to build a defense good enough for the PL, but even if we get the 15th best defensive squad on paper, it will require six months playing together before our defense is better than other established premier league teams, so we likely will go down anyway, but if we come up again with the best defense in the championship we have a chance. 

Are you aware that there is no Division between Premier and Championship ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on September 30, 2020, 06:55:22 AM
The club through him is losing its soul which is down to a spiolt daddy's boy.

I agree and apart from being an incompetent D of F, the bloke is toxic and is fracturing the club and is a complete embarrassment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deuce

I think TK has done well in signing individuals. Séri, Zambo and so on are all individually great assets and signings and TK has done well to get them over the line in each deal.

However, TK is clearly lacking in the longer term strategy for the squad. I just fail to see what TK wants with this squad, and I believe hes deliberatley just thinking short term.

-Far too many loans througout the years just to "fill" the squad when we should already have this sort of depth at this point with permanent players.
-There is no real "organic" growth for players: We havent signed many (any?) young players that has developed along with the side and that has had time to gel into a set first team.
-The fact that the defence has just completley been overlooked for a long time. Hector joined us in january, and hes been the only proper cb since Mawson coming in late in the summer of 18, and Mawson didnt turn out well. Despite us knowing that players like Odoi, Ream, Kmac, Johansen and so on are not good enough for the prem. They should have been replaced by younger players. Instead we had to keep them when getting relegated because our squad is not a proper squad, its just constantly been filled with loanees and/or players that fled the club. And now we try to fix this in one fell swoop during one transfer window by (again) signing far too many players in short time. Making us repeat the same mistake we made last time up.