News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TK"Frankly we would’ve absolutely killed to be a yo-yo club when I took it over"

Started by Jurassic Parker, September 28, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Our last two seasons in the Prem under our new owners have been a shambles. I fully expect this current one to be the same.  :doh:

092.gif

toshes mate

Quote from: junior white on September 29, 2020, 11:48:08 AM
I actually think he means when he became DoF as that was after we had been in the championship for a season or just after we went down the first time
It's still patently illogical nonsense since, if the plan was to be a yo-yo club, then Jokanovic was bang on target when he was sacked.  It's a buzz term that Khan Junior has picked up during his kindergarten playtime on the computer ... and thought 'I know what to say to the adults next ...'

itombomb

I very much doubt the extent of his ambition/plan is for us to be a YoYo club.

It is a tweet that is badly drafted and he never should have hit send on, but it's also not sensible to consider everything so literally.

Craven Mad

It seems to me that TK has the ability to be a passable DoF for a Championship team, but (like some of our players too) can't cut it at the top level.

He needs to put aside his pride, accept his own limitations  and find the best man for the job at the club in the Premiership.

If, as he says, he wants the same thing as us (for the club to succeed), then leaving is the only sensible option for him.

Enigma

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 29, 2020, 01:28:29 PM
I am not excusing Tony Khan and he was silly to try and debate his errors, it's hard enough on here debating things as fans are so entrenched in their views, however:

Without MAF and now Khan putting a small fortune into the club we would not be a yo-yo team, we would be in Div 1 or 2. 

I suspect many don't remember those days, before the money.  Micky Adams was a total star to even get us out of div 2, I remember the first game in div 1 with Micky in charge just after MAF took over, we were totally out played at home by someone like Carlisle, think we got a draw but it was the reality of a team without the billionaire owner.  Mo spent big at the time, Khan spends even more.   I would of course prefer a proper football brain to be in charge of recruitment but I will take what we have rather than how things were in the good old days when only about 4,000 of us turned up !

You can have a go at Tony as much as you like but without his Dads money we would be in serious dodo.

You can't really lump the two together because without Shahid Khan then Al Fayed probably would have sold to someone else. Also Shahid Khan likely would not have taken over Fulham were it not for the fact we were already an established club towards the top of the footballing pyramid. We owe a lot to Al Fayed.

Tony Khan needs to step away from social media as he keeps making a fool of himself. Everything is about him, he's the club and he's untouchable. Players like Tim Ream have given nothing short of 100% during their time with us, so for our Vice Chairman, Director of Football Operations, General Manager and Sporting Director to throw players like him under the bus is a disgrace. It's Tony Khan's job to scout and buy players to improve the team, so if we're still starting these supposedly not good enough players then who does that reflect badly on?

john dempsey

Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: john dempsey on September 28, 2020, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 28, 2020, 10:11:32 PM
when his family took on the club we were in the prem.
he is delusional.

and if he was that clever he would know to step aside and get in proper people.
his family still here and we are still in the PREM.

We are still in the prem because we cannot be reomved until 38 games are played.
I think he and his father should remain because they clearly are very committed to us.
BUT
TK is out of his depth and is not an experienced seasoned profesional and that is what we need.
When MAF took over he brought Keegan to run things, and that was shrewd, he did not put one of his kids in charge of team affairs.
What we have is maddness, with any other surname TK would have been shown the door. Now I think that would be wrong, what needs to be done is for TK to take a step sideways, away fro m anything to do with team matters, he does not have the skill set, these errors are repeating and his excuses and videos, lamentable.
like reading a lot of your posts up until the usual last few sentences when after four years i just normally
zone out. but what I would like too ask is what do you think of Alistair Mcintosh as CEO.'s role in this mess,
also Brian Talbot and his sons role because to me none of them seem to be earning their corn.

Twig

So apparently we fans should be pleased to be a yo yo club.  I don't get it...where is the pleasure, excitement and anticipation in being promoted from the Championship if subsequent relegation from the Prem is an inevitable part of the yo yo club plan?  Not for me sorry. 

TK is increasingly coming over as a petulant kid. He was never qualified for the DoF job from a technical perspective but now he is also starting to look out of his depth as a manager and communicator.

Craven Mad

I'm not pleased to support a yo-yo club.

I think fans prefer to see a team sensibly building and developing a winning strategy, working towards eventual glory. Few fans want to watch one season of successful merchants, followed by another season of unsuccessful merchants (rinse-repeat)...

Mr K.Dilkington

he is delusional.

hell yeah brother
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

i don't want fulham to become the new WBA i.e too good for championship not good enough ever for PL.
Foolish ham

WindyCity

Absolutely aghast that TK/owner would utter such words publicly, killed to be yo-yo??!!!????  Are you f'n kidding me?

This is brutal.  I'm sorry, but if those were (and maybe still are?) the expectations at the outset of their regime, well, that just speaks volumes.  That just CANNOT be the the expectation/desire of new owners taking over a storied franchise (albeit largely unsuccessful and having never, ever won a top flight crown, can you say "Chicago Cubs" (prior to 2016 haha)) that should be at EPL level and hopefully stay there for many years.  I can see why fans, and I suspect players and team personnel, might feel miffed when they heard this comment.

spoonffc

Does Tony know we were in the premiership when they took over and had been for almost 15 years? Not only incredibly disrespectful comment to make to the supporters but also shows how utterly uninformed is he. 

ALG01

Quote from: john dempsey on September 29, 2020, 02:07:41 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:10:56 PM
Quote from: john dempsey on September 28, 2020, 10:30:42 PM
he is delusional.

his family still here and we are still in the PREM.

We are still in the prem because we cannot be reomved until 38 games are played.
I think he and his father should remain because they clearly are very committed to us.
BUT
TK is out of his depth and is not an experienced seasoned profesional and that is what we need.
When MAF took over he brought Keegan to run things, and that was shrewd, he did not put one of his kids in charge of team affairs.
What we have is maddness, with any other surname TK would have been shown the door. Now I think that would be wrong, what needs to be done is for TK to take a step sideways, away fro m anything to do with team matters, he does not have the skill set, these errors are repeating and his excuses and videos, lamentable.
like reading a lot of your posts up until the usual last few sentences when after four years i just normally
zone out. but what I would like too ask is what do you think of Alistair Mcintosh as CEO.'s role in this mess,
also Brian Talbot and his sons role because to me none of them seem to be earning their corn.

thank you for the nice words and in return I really think your question is very good. I ask my self the same question and wonder how the CEO remains in situ. I do not know what he does and based pon usual rules of business he should have been replaced years ago. I

My honest opinion is that the club is not run at all well from a football standpoint so needs a root and branch overhaul.  you know the rest of the rant by now! 

what do you think of ali mac?

john dempsey

Saw him close up at a pre season friendly quite a few seasons ago
came across as a bit smarmy and self important on first impression,
IMO.

Nero

Tk could say I'm going to.spend 200m on players and people would  find fault with what he said. If you look at what he said we where 20th in the championship. Meaning heading towards L1 we could be where Sunderland are. Would you prefer that or being yoyo club between the PL and championship.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 29, 2020, 01:28:29 PM
I am not excusing Tony Khan and he was silly to try and debate his errors, it's hard enough on here debating things as fans are so entrenched in their views, however:

Without MAF and now Khan putting a small fortune into the club we would not be a yo-yo team, we would be in Div 1 or 2. 

I suspect many don't remember those days, before the money.  Micky Adams was a total star to even get us out of div 2, I remember the first game in div 1 with Micky in charge just after MAF took over, we were totally out played at home by someone like Carlisle, think we got a draw but it was the reality of a team without the billionaire owner.  Mo spent big at the time, Khan spends even more.   I would of course prefer a proper football brain to be in charge of recruitment but I will take what we have rather than how things were in the good old days when only about 4,000 of us turned up !

You can have a go at Tony as much as you like but without his Dads money we would be in serious dodo.

Agree, the yoyo comment does nothing for moral and the tweets are immature but your right Stu.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on September 29, 2020, 02:34:53 PM
i don't want fulham to become the new WBA i.e too good for championship not good enough ever for PL.

Our first priority is to stay too good for the Championship. Fulham is one of the few teams to get promoted from the Championship playoffs and still be in the league two seasons later,as teams that go up though the playoff nearly alway go back down.

We need to build a defense good enough for the PL, but even if we get the 15th best defensive squad on paper, it will require six months playing together before our defense is better than other established premier league teams, so we likely will go down anyway, but if we come up again with the best defense in the championship we have a chance. 

hovewhite

The club through him is losing its soul which is down to a spiolt daddy's boy.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 30, 2020, 01:46:59 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on September 29, 2020, 02:34:53 PM

Our first priority is to stay too good for the Championship. Fulham is one of the few teams to get promoted from the Championship playoffs and still be in the league two seasons later,as teams that go up though the playoff nearly alway go back down.

We need to build a defense good enough for the PL, but even if we get the 15th best defensive squad on paper, it will require six months playing together before our defense is better than other established premier league teams, so we likely will go down anyway, but if we come up again with the best defense in the championship we have a chance. 

Of the last 6 Championship playoff winners, only last year's Villa have stayed in the league without dropping back down and they barely (with the help of a blown VAR decision) made it for a second season. All of the 2014-18 playoff winners have since been relegated -- four in their first season up, I believe (Us, QPR, Hull, Norwich), and one in their second (Huddersfield) -- and we're the only one back in the Prem right now. Unless you are REALLY good -- and most often, the playoff winner is not at that level -- the chances you stay up for any amount of time are small. We're seeing that again so far this season.

Since Tony took over more of the day to day control of operations, he's successfully built two playoff promotion teams, and neither may survive more than a season in the PL. That makes him, even with whatever flaws he has, better than many. The next step is to either somehow fix this year's team and stay up, or get relegated again and build something closer to a Leicester or Wolves in the second division so we come back up with a real chance to do something.

So, he's not necessarily wrong with his comment ... but it's not going to go over well with most, especially since we were in a better place when his family purchased the club. That's where his self-promotion rings hollow, understandably.

WindyCity

Quote from: spoonffc on September 29, 2020, 06:17:42 PM
Does Tony know we were in the premiership when they took over and had been for almost 15 years? Not only incredibly disrespectful comment to make to the supporters but also shows how utterly uninformed is he.

Yep, it was a terrible comment.  And the problem with going the yo-yo route is that sometimes you don't get right back up to top flight and languish in the second tier, what with the better players moving on and other factors, and sometimes you might even drop down a tier or two.  Being a yo-yo club only lasts so long and could actually produce a steep decline.