News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

87 players signed since relegtion under Magath.

Started by MJG, September 30, 2020, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I'm working on something regarding signings (Hot Topic) but thought I would share this list of players signed since first relegtion.

If I missed someone let me know.

No comment needed on some of these

Just the views of a long term fan

rebel

MJG

rebel

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2020, 12:01:05 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 30, 2020, 11:59:50 AM
Some of them were loans.
And your point? They still signed a bit of paper.

Yes, they signed a bit of paper, played then left, so what's are you asking us to discuss? Is it just info? What is the context?

jarv

Mr rebel, why are you having a go? Interesting numbers. I wonder how this compares with other teams.  Could explain why the team is in a bit of a mess but having said that, very successful last season. 

MJG

Quote from: rebel on September 30, 2020, 12:04:23 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2020, 12:01:05 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 30, 2020, 11:59:50 AM
Some of them were loans.
And your point? They still signed a bit of paper.

Yes, they signed a bit of paper, played then left, so what's are you asking us to discuss? Is it just info? What is the context?
Just thought it would be of interest on a discussion forum. if people dont want to discuss anything on it they will leave it be and it will fall off the page. No issues either way.

Dougie

"Where are they now" is a fun game to play to see whether there's any indication the many players who disappointed were actually good recruits whom we merely didn't get the best out of.
Cyriac, for instance, most recently played in the Turkish second division.
Rohan Ince appears to be a free agent at 27 after appearing 9 times for Cheltenham last year.
Mollo signed for Panathanaikos but was loaned out to a bad Ligue 2 club last year.
Luke Garbutt is a firmly-established League One footballer.
Our first stats-based signing Sakari Mattila is back in Finland via Denmark and Norway.

70sPimlico

For me, where we really have neglected is up top. Someone that offers something different to Mitro with real pedigree that can push Mitro.

rebel

Quote from: jarv on September 30, 2020, 12:09:26 PM
Mr rebel, why are you having a go? Interesting numbers. I wonder how this compares with other teams.  Could explain why the team is in a bit of a mess but having said that, very successful last season. 

I'm not have a go, so don't talk nonsense. I'd like to know what the thread / post is about? The seasons / dates might be helpful.

mattFFC

Someone should sent this to Tony Khan and Ali Macintosh and ask their thoughts on why so many seem to have failed.

Would love to get a view of how many of these were sold for a loss or ended up playing in a lower league post Fulham... imagining it would be 80%+. Can only see a handful of players who were poached by bigger clubs.

fulhamfever

Martell Taylor-Crossdale - Chelsea
GK - Joe Lewis - Loan from Cardiff

Ivorwasgod

thanks interesting i'd forgotten some of those names

where are they now Ross McContract in the national league at Aldershot is probably biggest fall from grace

gang

gang

Quote from: Dougie on September 30, 2020, 12:13:38 PM
"Where are they now" is a fun game to play to see whether there's any indication the many players who disappointed were actually good recruits whom we merely didn't get the best out of.
Cyriac, for instance, most recently played in the Turkish second division.
Rohan Ince appears to be a free agent at 27 after appearing 9 times for Cheltenham last year.
Mollo signed for Panathanaikos but was loaned out to a bad Ligue 2 club last year.
Luke Garbutt is a firmly-established League One footballer.
Our first stats-based signing Sakari Mattila is back in Finland via Denmark and Norway.

Where's the star turn Fothringham now?

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 30, 2020, 12:17:28 PM
For me, where we really have neglected is up top. Someone that offers something different to Mitro with real pedigree that can push Mitro.

100% agree. It ois obvious we are lacking at the front. I love mitro but it is all a bit predictable.

Personally i have always pefered two up top working as a partnership, it may be out of fashion, but it doesn't make it wrong and if we pusshed somebody along side Mitro i think it wouule do us some good, my instinct would be bobby Reid playing as an out and out strike partner, not sitting deep.

toshes mate

Crude inspection suggests we have struggled to find GKs, CBs, and Strikers than in other areas (which seem closer to what should be realistically expected), and that is not taking longevity of position into account (e.g. a good goalkeeper can go on a lot longer than players in other positions).   Be interesting to see a comparison with turnover in clubs elsewhere.

fulhamfever

This thread is getting interesting good work MJG

MJG

SG

Its appalling really but until it is compared to other clubs it is dangerous to draw too many conclusions. There are names there that I barely remember at all

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.