more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just for a little balance

Started by bobby01, October 02, 2020, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

I have already got my tin hat on.
Here we go, I am not defending the man because I know little about him other than what is posted here, but I do not think the job he does is as easy as people think.
As far as I understand the recruitment system it is a 3 box exercise, tk and stats, Talbot and family,scout, parker has final say(although he tried to backtrack on that this week but he has been quoted as saying it).
Therefore I do not see how every player that has not lived up to expectations is tk,s fault, surely other factors are in play if agreement on signing a player was sanctioned by all three groups.
TK has said he allowed Onomah to join even though he did not pass stats rating because SP wanted him, (debatable who was right on that one).
Once a player has been signed it is up to the coaching staff to get the best out of them, I had never heard of Tete but he looks like a good find, others we have been aware of but are nowhere living up to their expectations. Is this because of the system we play does not get the best out of them, should we be looking to sign players to suit a system of play as Brian Clough used to do. I must admit I would not like to see us buying to suit parkerball.
Take Hector as an example, he started playing in  January and looked a great player, then we had the Covid break and since them he has been poor in both the championship and pl. This is not down to signing but something else is clearly wrong, as it seems to be with a lot of our players at the moment.
I have no doubt that TK has limited experience in his role but I sincerely believe he has the best interests of our club at heart, and if we have a 3 box system then why is his section the only part to take stick.
As far as I am aware alimac is the man who negotiates contracts and fees or has this now changed?
This topic is happily open for debate, without everyone insulting each other please.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

alfie

Quote from: bobby01 on October 02, 2020, 10:24:19 AM
I have already got my tin hat on.
Here we go, I am not defending the man because I know little about him other than what is posted here, but I do not think the job he does is as easy as people think.
As far as I understand the recruitment system it is a 3 box exercise, tk and stats, Talbot and family,scout, parker has final say(although he tried to backtrack on that this week but he has been quoted as saying it).
Therefore I do not see how every player that has not lived up to expectations is tk,s fault, surely other factors are in play if agreement on signing a player was sanctioned by all three groups.
TK has said he allowed Onomah to join even though he did not pass stats rating because SP wanted him, (debatable who was right on that one).
Once a player has been signed it is up to the coaching staff to get the best out of them, I had never heard of Tete but he looks like a good find, others we have been aware of but are nowhere living up to their expectations. Is this because of the system we play does not get the best out of them, should we be looking to sign players to suit a system of play as Brian Clough used to do. I must admit I would not like to see us buying to suit parkerball.
Take Hector as an example, he started playing in  January and looked a great player, then we had the Covid break and since them he has been poor in both the championship and pl. This is not down to signing but something else is clearly wrong, as it seems to be with a lot of our players at the moment.
I have no doubt that TK has limited experience in his role but I sincerely believe he has the best interests of our club at heart, and if we have a 3 box system then why is his section the only part to take stick.
As far as I am aware alimac is the man who negotiates contracts and fees or has this now changed?
This topic is happily open for debate, without everyone insulting each other please.

Re Alimac, I'm sure I read that Khan said that he was responsible for the development and day to day running of the club, and was not involved in player recruitment. If I'm wrong on that someone will put me right, as I'm not 100% sure.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't