watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No way Parker survives this

Started by fulhamben, October 24, 2020, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyk

I get it that Roy outfoxed Parker today, but, at least we tried to play a game of football.  We attacked from the kick off .  Palace packed the box, 2 banks of four, sometimes 2 banks of five. They never really wanted to play football, take us on.
Parker may be naive, inexperienced, but, at least he had the courage to play football on the front foot.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Whitestone on October 25, 2020, 12:05:42 AM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on October 24, 2020, 11:18:49 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 24, 2020, 08:40:15 PM
pretty good squad for a manager to come in now and keep us up. People neg managers like alladyce and bruce, but if ted bundy or hitler kept us up it wouldn't matter to me.

Allardyce is the only real option. If he cant keep us up nobody can

Allardyce. The only real option ? Just like Ranieri. Never been relegated. No thanks the world has moved on.
Palace have a 73 year old manager who outwitted us today. Roy gets results. Allardyce gets results. We need to establish ourselves again.  If Scott can't get this lot winning what's your suggestion?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC In Oz

I would rather watch grass grow than watch us at the moment.

We have no ideas going forward.  Once we get in to the final third, it's just crab football until the opposition wins the ball back.  Lookman is the only exception to this.

Mitro is starved of opportunities, and doesn't get anywhere near enough support, especially considering how high our possession numbers - there should be midfield numbers supporting him.

Nobody knows how to cross on this team, nobody knows how to defend.

This is the least likeable and most boring Fulham team I've ever seen

fulhamben

Quote from: Plodder on October 24, 2020, 07:10:46 PM
The OP has obviously had it in for Parker from day one. Apart from achieving promotion last season - what has he done for us?
got us relegated as a player, got us relegated as a coach and is guaranteed to get us relegated as a manager, oh and cost us millions for that privilege too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fulhamben on October 25, 2020, 05:14:51 AM
The OP has obviously had it in for Parker from day one. Apart from achieving promotion last season - what has he done for us?
got us relegated as a player, got us relegated as a coach and is guaranteed to get us relegated as a manager, oh and cost us millions for that privilege too.

Ben, I'm seriously concerned that when we get relegated this year, we go straight down to L1 ala Sunderland.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 25, 2020, 05:16:03 AM

Ben, I'm seriously concerned that when we get relegated this year, we go straight down to L1 ala Sunderland.

its certainly possible, but as long as the khans stay interested, I'm at least confident they will supply the funds to try and stop a double relegation.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fulhamben on October 25, 2020, 05:18:54 AM

its certainly possible, but as long as the khans stay interested, I'm at least confident they will supply the funds to try and stop a double relegation.

If we keep Parker though (as I fear we might), it might become too late.  Championship clubs will defend in greater numbers and strike on the counter like Palace every game

Craven Mad

There was a reason we nicknamed Scott 'captain crop circle' when he was playing with us: man is obsessed with holding the ball in the middle of the pitch and doing nothing with it. Painful to watch.

We're regretting not bringing in some attackers, but the team is good enough to be doing better than this.

Either Scott needs to encourage the midfielders to look forward more (I.e. not just pass side to side and back) or we need a new manager. Simple as that for me

toshes mate

It never takes long for someone to start making a noise.  'There are thousands of managers out there' is the call to which the response is so how come we got all such flops as we have seen under the Khans?  Even with ample help from a committee they coudn't hack it!  And only Jokanovic and Parker have lifted us from the rot, to be unsupported by a charismatic football figure doing that same hiring and firing and not finding his mark any better than a blindfolded child pinning a tail on a donkey.  And so even when we do get a decent person (one in eight) where is the support coming from?

But here's a thought from the future as in "A remarkable Parker turns Fulham completely around as winning run reaches eight games ..." Of course, you will say, it'll never happen, but neither will another decent manager land in the Khans' net if their form is anything to go by.  How about we stick with the football side and change the DoF and see if that works?

fulhamben

Quote from: toshes mate on October 25, 2020, 08:09:39 AM
It never takes long for someone to start making a noise.  'There are thousands of managers out there' is the call to which the response is so how come we got all such flops as we have seen under the Khans?  Even with ample help from a committee they coudn't hack it!  And only Jokanovic and Parker have lifted us from the rot, to be unsupported by a charismatic football figure doing that same hiring and firing and not finding his mark any better than a blindfolded child pinning a tail on a donkey.  And so even when we do get a decent person (one in eight) where is the support coming from?

But here's a thought from the future as in "A remarkable Parker turns Fulham completely around as winning run reaches eight games ..." Of course, you will say, it'll never happen, but neither will another decent manager land in the Khans' net if their form is anything to go by.  How about we stick with the football side and change the DoF and see if that works?
how does changing the dof make Parker a better manager? And we don't need a decent manager, a bang average one would be a massive upgrade.

ALG01

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
We look like a decent team that needs another quality forward and a couple more weeks getting to know each other. Those things are on TK, not Parker.

Exactly. I think parker's biggest issue is his inexperience.  But i am not sure any manager can cope with the haplessxarrogant one that is our DoF. I can hardly wait for his next tweet or video interview pretending he knows what he is up too. I wonder how long an indulgent father will give his son, anywhere else he would have been thrown out.

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on October 25, 2020, 08:18:09 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on October 25, 2020, 08:09:39 AM

how does changing the dof make Parker a better manager? And we don't need a decent manager, a bang average one would be a massive upgrade.
They are the main part of football coaching, style and skills at FFC, ay least that is what was said when Javier was appointed ...  the problem is in recruitment and Parker (like Jokanovic) can transform playing style given time which is something TK uses very badly.   Parker may not be the best for the job but if that was the case he should never have been given the coaching job except for the Ranieri debacle.  The Khans cannot find decent football managers and you don't think that is a problem ....

Statto

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 25, 2020, 05:22:12 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 25, 2020, 05:18:54 AM

If we keep Parker though (as I fear we might), it might become too late.  Championship clubs will defend in greater numbers and strike on the counter like Palace every game

Yes and we saw last season how that turns out when we came terrifyingly close to relegation by finishing joint 3rd

:005:

Mr K.Dilkington

i never wanted parker when he came in but in fairness he did get promotion,albeit while dropping a lot of points in winnable games last year etc. But i think most people agree he is tactically way out of his depth at this level.
At championship level just having better players can win you football matches,but you need a mix of both in the PL.
And you need a gameplan plus plan b's etc if the games not working out. You can't just chuck on Reid like last season and hope he'll do something against championship defenders,because it's simply not that easy here.
People talk about parkerball and it isn't great to watch but I really couldn't careless if we won because of it.
Playing dull,uninspiring,tactically inept football and losing is when it's unforgivable.
Foolish ham

Bassey the warrior

I said last season I don't think he will be good enough at this level and that looks the case.

I'd move for Eddie Howe.

fulhamfan

West brom game is a must win. Parker will be gone if we don't beat them

Southcoastffc

Apologies if this has already been posted. Interesting to note Scott's comments. First time I've heard/read him suggesting anything like leaving.  "I can't control how long I have. What I can do is what I've normally done throughout my career. During these hard times, you need to front it up....... It's out of my hands"
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

I think that if we do not beat West Brom Parker will be gone.  But I also believe we are more likely to win and Parker will stay. For a little while yet. I felt our players did well today without getting the final ball to the forwards quick enough. Speed is the name of the game in the prem and we didn't do it. palace had 9 or 10 behind the ball on most occasions and with a mobile dangerous front front man we never had an option. If our strength is Cairney's left foot then he should use it more often

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 25, 2020, 11:10:58 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted. Interesting to note Scott's comments. First time I've heard/read him suggesting anything like leaving.  "I can't control how long I have. What I can do is what I've normally done throughout my career. During these hard times, you need to front it up....... It's out of my hands"
1 point from 18 he should be worried. Any manager in any league should be worried with that stat! Luckily for him he has a crap dof to help divert from poor results. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk