watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop blaming TC for everything!

Started by Inmyday75, October 24, 2020, 07:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inmyday75

We seem to want to blame anything and everything on our Captain and stand out player for the last few years. If Zaha was a Fulham player we would have won the game today, with Cairney assists no doubt! It's not Cairney's fault we can't defend one on one....and not his fault we have zero pace or real Premier League class up front either. Context and perspective required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bahay18

i thought he has done ok for the last 3 games . there is a but though . Both goals he let the runner go . maybe he is used to having Reed mop behind , no one is doing that at the moment .

jarv

I think he is still one of the best players. Passes well. OK some say he slows the game down. However, he needs team mates to show for the ball, to get into the right positions not just for him to make a pass. Many times he turns in circle to keep possession because he has no help.

It needs a pattern of play, practice, practice and more practice to get it right. Cobbling together a bunch of loan players 10 minute before the first game just isn't good enough.

Remember Roy?  He had those guys drilled so well, a joy to watch a team he assembled play as a team... Murphy, Zamora , Hughes , Boa Morte, Davies, Konchesky....all had one thing in common. They were not getting a lot of game time with their clubs.

Maybe Roy should be brought back as head of player recruitment.

Somerset Fulham

Don't worry, it'll be somebody else next week...

MikeTheCubed

Was a critic of Cairney last season but think he's performed "okay" thus far. Problem I see is that between him, Loftus-Cheek and Anguissa there is no ball winner; once again the opposition's central midfielder has been able to run on to a through-ball completely un-marked by our midfield and score.

Mr K.Dilkington

he was extremely poor against sheffield,but better today. Didn't see his goal as tuned out after ak47, but heard it was good. Still needs to believe in self and drive at defenders to really make difference on the edge of box
Foolish ham

Matt10

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 25, 2020, 12:18:31 AM
he was extremely poor against sheffield,but better today. Didn't see his goal as tuned out after ak47, but heard it was good. Still needs to believe in self and drive at defenders to really make difference on the edge of box

Here's the strike for you

https://streamable.com/q0kyse

FFC In Oz

Don Hutchison called it on the commentary:

TC takes the easy option with his passing.  He has the ability to pick a cross field ball, or a defence splitting pass, but always ignores it and goes sideways/backwards instead.

Additionally, we lose momentum when we attack and the ball gets played to TC on the edge of the area, but he's wrong footed so he has to wriggle out of traffic and go back to Aina/ Robinson.

colinwhite

I thought Tc played well today andhis goal was excellent. But he failed to track his man into our box for both goals ,ball watching and leaving the responsibillity to other players who were either marking someone else or cauaght by the run on their blind side.Not saying both Palace goals were entirely his fault but he had a culpable part in  both.

rebel

Quote from: Inmyday75 on October 24, 2020, 07:32:42 PM
We seem to want to blame anything and everything on our Captain and stand out player for the last few years. If Zaha was a Fulham player we would have won the game today, with Cairney assists no doubt! It's not Cairney's fault we can't defend one on one....and not his fault we have zero pace or real Premier League class up front either. Context and perspective required.

I'd argue there is a lot of pace in the side, but when the game plan is to build up slowly from the back, why is pace even a consideration?  We have enough pace in the team to trouble sides, we simply don't use it, not in the game plan.

Craven Mad

I think Tom's been good so far this season. He's always better further up the pitch. Can't understand how anyone could blame him for anything.

davew

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 25, 2020, 07:48:23 AM
I think Tom's been good so far this season. He's always better further up the pitch. Can't understand how anyone could blame him for anything.
He has been reasonably ok so far this season, but perhaps you should watch the Palace goals again especially TC's lack of tracking back, if you still feel you can´t blame him well.......
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

colinwhite

Quote from: rebel on October 25, 2020, 07:31:16 AM
Quote from: Inmyday75 on October 24, 2020, 07:32:42 PM

a decent point. We have more pace now and mobility. We lack runs off the ball and into space ,and we lackk playing into space. ) out of ten passes go to beat. I would also like to see this mixed up more.

I'd argue there is a lot of pace in the side, but when the game plan is to build up slowly from the back, why is pace even a consideration?  We have enough pace in the team to trouble sides, we simply don't use it, not in the game plan.

Mr K.Dilkington

i don't think he's been very good this season,because of belief and tactics,but he was better yesterday.
Could have been because anguissa was more disciplined not charging forward and trying to take on the whole team.
That should be Cairney if anyone or at least of the cm 2.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Matt10 on October 25, 2020, 12:23:20 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 25, 2020, 12:18:31 AM

Here's the strike for you

https://streamable.com/q0kyse
cheers! But darn copyright lol. Just saw goal and it was an excellent strike to be fair to TC.
Need much more of that. Don't think he's gunna get stick if he's having a crack or two imo
Foolish ham

ex-Pat

Another great Championship player, he's not Premiership quality cannot change direction, would have two goals if he had a right foot.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 25, 2020, 05:23:53 AM
Don Hutchison called it on the commentary:

TC takes the easy option with his passing.  He has the ability to pick a cross field ball, or a defence splitting pass, but always ignores it and goes sideways/backwards instead.

Additionally, we lose momentum when we attack and the ball gets played to TC on the edge of the area, but he's wrong footed so he has to wriggle out of traffic and go back to Aina/ Robinson.

Arguably not decisive enough in his passing, he's a 100% a confidence player, needs everything at the club to be o.k. I don't think things are o.k. at the club.

Twig

Quote from: davew on October 25, 2020, 07:55:15 AM
He has been reasonably ok so far this season, but perhaps you should watch the Palace goals again especially TC's lack of tracking back, if you still feel you can´t blame him well.......

In a zonal system such as ours he's handing on the runner. You can even see him indicate that yesterday for one of the goals.  But the runner wasn't picked up unfortunately which is hardly TC's fault. Some of us may not like the zonal system but it's how we play.  To work effectively it needs players who have been drilled together but sadly our p,Ayers are still getting to know each other and we look far from well drilled.

colinwhite

Twig ,we may play zonally ,but no teams play zonally passing players over to the next zone in their own penalty area . If you see it(a run into the box ) you follow the man (especially if hes yours).Ream has his man and Lemina is hit with a blind side run which he doesnt see.For the second its also down to Tc to follow his man that close to goal .
Had these incidents occurred 15 metres nearer their goal fair enough ,but they didnt and in my book were both at least in part down to TC.
Ream is also not blameless in both cases. Probably more for the second than the first.

FulhamStu

Quote from: colinwhite on October 25, 2020, 08:50:30 PM
Twig ,we may play zonally ,but no teams play zonally passing players over to the next zone in their own penalty area . If you see it(a run into the box ) you follow the man (especially if hes yours).Ream has his man and Lemina is hit with a blind side run which he doesnt see.For the second its also down to Tc to follow his man that close to goal .
Had these incidents occurred 15 metres nearer their goal fair enough ,but they didnt and in my book were both at least in part down to TC.
Ream is also not blameless in both cases. Probably more for the second than the first.

Totally agree