https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has to go...........

Started by somersetwhite, November 22, 2020, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 01:59:30 PM
Hes got us playing decent stuff. Defensively still way to open. Would like to see him make a tactical change at half time sometimes though he seems really reluctant to change things unless its 70+ minutes.

He will continue to improve as a manager
he hasn't got us playing decent stuff at all. Once again we only started playing once the game was beyond us. And we aren't improving, we are still losing

Even when we were playing in the second half we were very easy to defend against. 

We used no width and didn't get anyone in behind.  Not even once.

Kept trying to pinpoint our way through the middle.

Don't even get me started on our insistence on playing out from the back like we're Man City or Barcelona putting us in trouble 6-7 times every game

SuffolkWhite

I think he will keep us up. 3 goals conceded today were player fault. But I would not have taken Cairny off, Cav should have gone off.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Quote from: Hoppus on November 22, 2020, 02:01:04 PM
Quote from: Bocanegra on November 22, 2020, 01:58:13 PM
For me the errors that are taking place can't be placed on Scott.

Really!?

We can not defend as a team, Parker and the coaching staff must take responsibility for that.

This was the defensive players' 3rd game together. How good is any group of strangers going to be at defending as a "team"?

ALG01

parker's tactics today were a fundamental in our defeat
we are too slow and there is no movement at the front.

However the real culprit remains the man that failed to purchase any forwards and took weeks to get us center halves (who were both awful today) I will not mention the third that was purchased injured because tony loves buying injured center halves.

the quality of the squad was brutally exposed with lemina and reed being woefully out of their respective depths. cav is a bvery bad joke and i would play anyone ahead of him but that selection is parker's so he is showing a real lack of judgement.

I am doubting scott. he deserves the season but if he sticks to his current tactics we will not make 11 points, we are just way to slow and give away goals early in way to many games and that is his fault as it is a reapting thing.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:00:17 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 22, 2020, 01:58:20 PM
Disagree with OP.  Played against a better side with a much better striker and lost by a goal.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

what does it matter if you lose by one or ten, the result is the same. Zero points
Is the team playing better football or are they playing just like they were week 1 and 2? I think so.

Are Fulham a better side than Brom..Sheff United and Burnley?  I think so.

Is Scott Parker a good manager? Jury still out imo.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 02:04:45 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 01:59:30 PM
Hes got us playing decent stuff. Defensively still way to open. Would like to see him make a tactical change at half time sometimes though he seems really reluctant to change things unless its 70+ minutes.

He will continue to improve as a manager
he hasn't got us playing decent stuff at all. Once again we only started playing once the game was beyond us. And we aren't improving, we are still losing

ok

I'd honestly be interested to know what you enjoyed from that game today?

Southcoastffc

Martin Keown's comment on our defence when we nearly conceded after an Everton free kick could not be more damning: "They're not drilled."  I find it very hard to imagine that we'll avoid not just relegation but an embarrassing relegation.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Statto on November 22, 2020, 02:06:40 PM

Really!?

We can not defend as a team, Parker and the coaching staff must take responsibility for that.

This was the defensive players' 3rd game together. How good is any group of strangers going to be at defending as a "team"?

Yep.

Woolly Mammoth

As somebody has already said Scott Parker cannot work miracles, Everton are no mugs and we pushed them all the way. We have a completely new defence and unfortunately at the moment it shows. The matches coming up will really test us and I am very concerned. Nevertheless, we have to stick together on this and battle our way through these games. Fulham already look a better team with better players than the last time we were in the Premier Division and that alone is encouraging. Sacking Scott is not the answer.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

Quote from: clarkey on November 22, 2020, 02:03:07 PM
100% right. Parker has to go.

His selection was awful, he set the team up badly, we conceded within a minute, the free kicks were awful, the corners terrible, and the subs were wrong.

As Keown said in comm what are they doing all week: no drilling.

We were shambolic and that is all down to the sub standard lack of intelligence from the coach.He is all over the place. By keeping Cav on the field we played the whole match with ten men effectively.

And that pen was just so stupid, he ran up from the wrong angle...just dim.

Parker out now. Plenty of better coaches out there who are not so conceited.

Keown talks tripe.  Makes it more difficult to justify the licence fee when the BBC pay a person of such shallow thinking to offer vacuous and unfounded "expert analysis".  He is the master of post hoc rather than propter hoc commentary.

fulhamben

Really!?

still defending the indefensible I see. One win in nine now. Pretty poor from a manager who has managed us for over 80 games now wouldn't you agree. When exactly is he going to start to learn
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 22, 2020, 02:07:58 PM
Martin Keown's comment on our defence when we nearly conceded after an Everton free kick could not be more damning: "They're not drilled."  I find it very hard to imagine that we'll avoid not just relegation but an embarrassing relegation.

I still think we'll muster 25-32 points this season. But we'll go down. We'll be bottom by Xmas though based on fixtures and its nearly unheard of that that team survives. For all the moaning, not sure which commentator it was that said it, but 'how can you start a season and know you require a new back 5 to compete and only sort it after 5-6 games into season'. Nail on head. So many squandered points so far going into a horrific fixture list up to Xmas. I'd be surprised if we aren't trailing by 5-6 points at least to 17th. And a further gulf of 10+ after that.

fulhamben

Quote from: Plodder on November 22, 2020, 02:09:05 PM

His selection was awful, he set the team up badly, we conceded within a minute, the free kicks were awful, the corners terrible, and the subs were wrong.

We were shambolic and that is all down to the sub standard lack of intelligence from the coach.He is all over the place. By keeping Cav on the field we played the whole match with ten men effectively.

Keown talks tripe.  Makes it more difficult to justify the licence fee when the BBC pay a person of such shallow thinking to offer vacuous and unfounded "expert analysis".  He is the master of post hoc rather than propter hoc commentary.
whay about Murphy? He also blamed Parker for it in the half time talk, does he talk crap too. Actually can you find any pundit on the whole planet who thinks Parker knows what he is doing. Just one will do

jayffc

Really!?

Again, I dont think the issue was our back 4 as much as it was their lack of support on the wings.... through the middle of defence we did ok. Joachim made a few little mistakes with passing and Aina had his worst game for us...but.... our problem came from losing the battle on the wings with no support from pur wing players today, much due to the fact we had no forward so they were often more central and further forward.

Also our DMs were sloppy in possession too often first half...both Lemina and Reed play much better alongside the dominant Frank.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:11:30 PM

whay about Murphy? He also blamed Parker for it in the half time talk, does he talk crap too. Actually can you find any pundit on the whole planet who thinks Parker knows what he is doing. Just one will do

Sadly, you'd find too many pundits jumping to excuse Parker and apportion blame elsewhere.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Wingnut on November 22, 2020, 02:01:58 PM
Nope, disagree with you 100%. He's improving game on game. Got the XI wrong today and he corrected that as the game went on. The players are to blame for that first goal. Have to admit that I find his selection of Cav baffling. He's struggled for some time now. Must be dynamite in training.

I don't think he got the XI wrong today. What he did was give Mitro and Anguissa a small rest coming off a tough international week for them, which is not bad management. It just about worked too.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:10:05 PM

Really!?

still defending the indefensible I see. One win in nine now. Pretty poor from a manager who has managed us for over 80 games now wouldn't you agree. When exactly is he going to start to learn

When are you going to learn that the cycle of...

Sack manager in November
Sack another manager in February
Get relegated
Get promoted
Cock up the transfer window
Sack manager in November...

...doesn't work?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2020, 02:08:42 PM
As somebody has already said Scott Parker cannot work miracles, Everton are no mugs and we pushed them all the way. We have a completely new defence and unfortunately at the moment it shows. The matches coming up will really test us and I am very concerned. Nevertheless, we have to stick together on this and battle our way through these games. Fulham already look a better team with better players than the last time we were in the Premier Division and that alone is encouraging. Sacking Scott is not the answer.

Well said, again we should have had a point today even after gifting 3 goals head start to the opposition.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:12:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:11:30 PM

Sadly, you'd find too many pundits jumping to excuse Parker and apportion blame elsewhere.
and yet I don't know one pundit that thinks he knows what he is doing.

Mince n Tatties

This topic is getting boring after every game.😠