Parker has to go...........

Started by somersetwhite, November 22, 2020, 12:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 02:04:45 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:03:42 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on November 22, 2020, 01:59:30 PM
Hes got us playing decent stuff. Defensively still way to open. Would like to see him make a tactical change at half time sometimes though he seems really reluctant to change things unless its 70+ minutes.

He will continue to improve as a manager
he hasn't got us playing decent stuff at all. Once again we only started playing once the game was beyond us. And we aren't improving, we are still losing

ok

I'd honestly be interested to know what you enjoyed from that game today?

Both goals and the move for the pen. Some nice triangles in the final third.

Agree we lack creativity, impetus and defending can be pretty bad but I just prefer to stay positive when it comes to Fulham. Criticism is justified and you are welcome to it mate.

fulhamben

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 22, 2020, 02:13:56 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2020, 02:08:42 PM
As somebody has already said Scott Parker cannot work miracles, Everton are no mugs and we pushed them all the way. We have a completely new defence and unfortunately at the moment it shows. The matches coming up will really test us and I am very concerned. Nevertheless, we have to stick together on this and battle our way through these games. Fulham already look a better team with better players than the last time we were in the Premier Division and that alone is encouraging. Sacking Scott is not the answer.

Well said, again we should have had a point today even after gifting 3 goals head start to the opposition.
based on what, we didn't come close to an equaliser, areola made a few good saveS to make it less embarrassing though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I am backing Parker, at least until Christmas, I think heis close to getting this team working .
Would just question why he keeps giving Cav yet another chance.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 22, 2020, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2020, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 22, 2020, 02:06:40 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on November 22, 2020, 02:01:04 PM
Quote from: Bocanegra on November 22, 2020, 01:58:13 PM
For me the errors that are taking place can't be placed on Scott.

Really!?

We can not defend as a team, Parker and the coaching staff must take responsibility for that.

This was the defensive players' 3rd game together. How good is any group of strangers going to be at defending as a "team"?
still defending the indefensible I see. One win in nine now. Pretty poor from a manager who has managed us for over 80 games now wouldn't you agree. When exactly is he going to start to learn

When are you going to learn that the cycle of...

Sack manager in November
Sack another manager in February
Get relegated
Get promoted
Cock up the transfer window
Sack manager in November...

...doesn't work?

Ugh its a tough one. IF and its a big IF, they really do make the change, they make it now. Gives ideally an experienced manager a month to work out exactly what he needs and to draw up targets for a January window. The other big IF is getting the appointment right. I hold no faith in our ability to do that. Saying that, I also hold little to no faith in Parkers ability as a EPL manager (at this point in time) so its a rock and a hard place.

I'm sticking to supporting Parker and seeing the season out but if he got sacked tomorrow, I wouldn't care too much.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 22, 2020, 02:07:58 PM
Martin Keown's comment on our defence when we nearly conceded after an Everton free kick could not be more damning: "They're not drilled."  I find it very hard to imagine that we'll avoid not just relegation but an embarrassing relegation.

Keown doesn't know what he's talking about. He makes a living being paid to say bs. Take no value in his or any other pundit's commentary.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: filham on November 22, 2020, 02:16:55 PM
I am backing Parker, at least until Christmas, I think heis close to getting this team working .
Would just question why he keeps giving Cav yet another chance.

The Cav thing is weird. Surely now Kebano/Kamara/RLC gets a go instead from the off

alfie

Quote from: Plodder on November 22, 2020, 02:09:05 PM
Quote from: clarkey on November 22, 2020, 02:03:07 PM
100% right. Parker has to go.

His selection was awful, he set the team up badly, we conceded within a minute, the free kicks were awful, the corners terrible, and the subs were wrong.

As Keown said in comm what are they doing all week: no drilling.

We were shambolic and that is all down to the sub standard lack of intelligence from the coach.He is all over the place. By keeping Cav on the field we played the whole match with ten men effectively.

And that pen was just so stupid, he ran up from the wrong angle...just dim.

Parker out now. Plenty of better coaches out there who are not so conceited.

Keown talks tripe.  Makes it more difficult to justify the licence fee when the BBC pay a person of such shallow thinking to offer vacuous and unfounded "expert analysis".  He is the master of post hoc rather than propter hoc commentary.
Completely disagree with you, sometimes he goes out of his way to try and give Fulham some praise,
He is not a Fulham supporter so he is not going to look at them like we do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on November 22, 2020, 02:18:29 PM
Martin Keown's comment on our defence when we nearly conceded after an Everton free kick could not be more damning: "They're not drilled."  I find it very hard to imagine that we'll avoid not just relegation but an embarrassing relegation.

Keown doesn't know what he's talking about. He makes a living being paid to say bs. Take no value in his or any other pundit's commentary.

Are you suggesting Martin Keown doesn't know the basics of how to defend and what to look for when accessing how a team defends? Considering his career, that seems a bizarre position to take.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:19:45 PM

Are you suggesting Martin Keown doesn't know the basics of how to defend and what to look for when accessing how a team defends? Considering his career, that seems a bizarre position to take.

I am. He said "They aren't drilled". How would he even know? Because he played professional football a long time ago? Man, that is some logic. So-called credentialed experts have no clue what they're talking about most of the time. Please think for yourself folks.

Statto

+1

AnOldBrownie

Two questions.

1. What is the desired result from firing Scott Parker right now.

2. Who is snap decision hiring u want us to make?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on November 22, 2020, 02:22:46 PM

I am. He said "They aren't drilled". How would he even know? Because he played professional football a long time ago? Man, that is some logic. So-called credentialed experts have no clue what they're talking about most of the time. Please think for yourself folks.

If you watch our defence in that instance, you can clearly see its not a drilled tactic though. Unless you really think Parker is saying to players 'right, let him run through unmarked and hope he misses. Yeh, don't block the initial cross if its taken poorly, and just let the lad run on his own. Got it? Good.' Thats the logic your defending here. The irony of you of all people asking people to think.

Whitestone

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 22, 2020, 02:08:42 PM
As somebody has already said Scott Parker cannot work miracles, Everton are no mugs and we pushed them all the way. We have a completely new defence and unfortunately at the moment it shows. The matches coming up will really test us and I am very concerned. Nevertheless, we have to stick together on this and battle our way through these games. Fulham already look a better team with better players than the last time we were in the Premier Division and that alone is encouraging. Sacking Scott is not the answer.

Spot on. I couldn't agree more.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 22, 2020, 02:25:50 PM
Two questions.

1. What is the desired result from firing Scott Parker right now.

2. Who is snap decision hiring u want us to make?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

1. The desired result is the hope of finding someone who knows what he is doing. Are we officially on our worst ever start to a season in Our 141 year existence.
2. If we could get Benítez that would be amazing, but at this point, I really fail to see how any new manager could do worse.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ScalleysDad

On the 'drilled' thing from Keown. The back four plus the keeper have been together for weeks with Anderson out for some of those. Even the sainted Hodgson took longer than that.

FFC1987

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 22, 2020, 02:30:46 PM
On the 'drilled' thing from Keown. The back four plus the keeper have been together for weeks with Anderson out for some of those. Even the sainted Hodgson took longer than that.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I think it goes past those 5 in what was discussed here. It was a set piece and I believe the main culprit was Cav wasn't it?

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:26:23 PM

If you watch our defence in that instance, you can clearly see its not a drilled tactic though. Unless you really think Parker is saying to players 'right, let him run through unmarked and hope he misses. Yeh, don't block the initial cross if its taken poorly, and just let the lad run on his own. Got it? Good.' Thats the logic your defending here. The irony of you of all people asking people to think.

Yeah, you know as much as Martin Keown... which is nothing.

I'm not defending our defensive mistakes, lapses or whatever... but Martin Keown and you have absolutely no idea what drills they have or haven't been doing. The defense was poor in the first half and then didn't concede in the second half. Does that mean they did a bunch of drills at half-time?

Skatzoffc

I think the opposition sitting back on a 1-3 lead away from home was the reason our defence didn't concede 2nd half tbf.
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 22, 2020, 02:30:46 PM

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I think it goes past those 5 in what was discussed here. It was a set piece and I believe the main culprit was Cav wasn't it?

Ok. I thought the comment Keown made was as a defender looking at our defending during a specific phase of play. Too late to dig deep into my memory now.
If there is to be an upside the BBC match report no longer has hapless, woeful or lacklustre in it.

FFC1987

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on November 22, 2020, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 22, 2020, 02:26:23 PM

Yeah, you know as much as Martin Keown... which is nothing.

I'm not defending our defensive mistakes, lapses or whatever... but Martin Keown and you have absolutely no idea what drills they have or haven't been doing. The defense was poor in the first half and then didn't concede in the second half. Does that mean they did a bunch of drills at half-time?

Some excellent and thoroughly thought through arguments here. Hard to argue with those smarts.