more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conference: Scott Parker Pre-Brighton

Started by WhiteJC, December 15, 2020, 04:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

General

They never mention Tete or Kongolo when saying who in the squad is match fit.

Craven Mad

It will be interesting in particular to see what happens when Tete is back. It seems harsh to break up a solid back line, but given that Tete's ours (unlike Aina, who's on loan) and because Tete was one of our best players before injury, I wonder whether Scott will look to fold him back in?

I'm not sure Aina has done anything to warrant being dropped, but there'll definitely be competition for the RB position soon...

General

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 15, 2020, 05:18:24 PM
It will be interesting in particular to see what happens when Tete is back. It seems harsh to break up a solid back line, but given that Tete's ours (unlike Aina, who's on loan) and because Tete was one of our best players before injury, I wonder whether Scott will look to fold him back in?

I'm not sure Aina has done anything to warrant being dropped, but there'll definitely be competition for the RB position soon...

Agreed. As things stand I'd be tempted to say it's Aina's to lose. His ball to lookman from inside our own half against liverpool was an incredible pass and he's also scored for us and looked pretty solid from what i've seen, plus has the versatility to play CB in a three, which plays to Parker's tactics. Would also be mad to drop Bobby Reid, perhaps they can both play with Reid taking up the role Cav occupies and Tete playing RWB.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on December 15, 2020, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on December 15, 2020, 05:18:24 PM

Agreed. As things stand I'd be tempted to say it's Aina's to lose. His ball to lookman from inside our own half against liverpool was an incredible pass and he's also scored for us and looked pretty solid from what i've seen, plus has the versatility to play CB in a three, which plays to Parker's tactics. Would also be mad to drop Bobby Reid, perhaps they can both play with Reid taking up the role Cav occupies and Tete playing RWB.
thats what I would do push bobby further forwards and drop tete in. I'd be half tempted to play bobby as a striker although Scott doesn't seem to like starting with one at the moment and all of bobbys goals have come from him plying to the right rather than central. Still it's a good problem to have.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.