News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Old Are You & What Was Your First Fulham game?

Started by White Noise, February 10, 2010, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamRob

36 - and Fulham v England on May 21st 1982. It was Les Strong's testimonial

Burt

43 years old.

Fulham v. Blackburn in 1974 was my first ever.

Lord alone knows how many miles I have travelled and shillings I have forked out since that fateful day to watch the mighty whites.

One of these days I may do an estimate, cry in to my pint of Pride and console myself with the fact that it has ALL been for a GREAT cause :)

COYW 

LBNo11

Quote from: Burt on March 26, 2010, 12:18:31 PM
43 years old.

Fulham v. Blackburn in 1974 was my first ever.

Lord alone knows how many miles I have travelled and shillings I have forked out since that fateful day to watch the mighty whites.

One of these days I may do an estimate, cry in to my pint of Pride and console myself with the fact that it has ALL been for a GREAT cause :)

COYW 

...Burt, i know it was a long time ago, but we didn't play Blackburn in 1974, do you mean Blackpool? If so it would be the one where Mullery scored against the Tangerines..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Dugliss

44 and first game was at home to Charlton Athletic on 18th April 1981. Little did I know that it was my wifes` 6th birthday on that day!! More importantly I believe we won 1-0

Scrumpy

Also 44.

First match was Fulham 0 Millwall 0, in Oct/Nov time 1981. I was a 14 year old wannabe hooligan. Absolutely smitten by the Club from the very first game - I just somehow felt I belonged, even though none of my family were Fulham fans at the time.

It's funny, but it has been the one constant in my life ever since. Jobs have come and gone. Friends have come and gone. Money has come and gone. Ladies have come and gone (with the money!).

If you want to track me down in 20 years time, assuming I am still fit and well, then you'll find me in the away end at Rochdale (or whoever we're playing on any given Saturday). FTID.

28th November 1981, Att: 8,343
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 26, 2010, 11:53:52 PM
Also 44.

First match was Fulham 0 Millwall 0, in Oct/Nov time 1981. I was a 14 year old wannabe hooligan. Absolutely smitten by the Club from the very first game - I just somehow felt I belonged, even though none of my family were Fulham fans at the time.

It's funny, but it has been the one constant in my life ever since. Jobs have come and gone. Friends have come and gone. Money has come and gone. Ladies have come and gone (with the money!).

If you want to track me down in 20 years time, assuming I am still fit and well, then you'll find me in the away end at Rochdale (or whoever we're playing on any given Saturday). FTID.

The strange thing is Mr Scrumpy, I too always thought I would like to be a hooligan - being a Battersea boy it was almost mandatory
When I was fourteen you could stand in the midst of the away supporters which invariably I did. I recall with some unfettered glee that I had a dust up with a person with a strange accent who was wearing a Nottingham Forest scarf. Then there was an unsavoury incident with a Leicester City supporter which had me scurrying for an early exit, but in all truth I had neither the physique nor bottle to become anything other than a passive watcher.
I became so pusillanimous that I started paying protection money to the Salvation Army and the chances of me getting into a rumble were about the same as me swimming in a croc infested waterhole.
Besides Fulham wasn't the team to engage in war with opposing supporters – you could never count on anyone being with you when the fists began to fly. If you were Millwall or someone, at least you knew that you would have a few hundred like minded hooligans at your side.
At Fulham you would be lucky to find an old man with a rolled up newspaper – more likely an old lady with an umbrella would be more the go.
No, my dreams of being a hooligan were fleeting and I can thank the serenity of Craven Cottage for that.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

ealex40

69.........March 1949, a 2-1 win at West Bromwich played in a snowstorm, the season we pipped WBA for the 2nd division title.

5th March 1949, Att: 27,595, Len Quested in the first half and Arthur Rowley in the second

SuffolkWhite

The 80-81 season started in the dark days with Campbell getting the sack not long after my first game 0-4 defeat to Oxford UTD, but in came McDonald and we went on a whirlwind campaign.
I have been hooked ever since, I used to go to many away games and all home and the crowds started to grow again.
I can remember IVOR scoring a goal from near the corner flag against Chesterfield and we had 9000 in the ground which was a big crowd that season.
I Love this Club  :004:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

Just about to retire (64 and 11months), first game I cannot recall but it was in 1953 just after Johnny Haynes made his debut. Thank God my father did not take me down Chelsea!

bog

Just read my post, that should read 'took me down to Chelsea' what happened there that came out as 'the dark side' I do not know!

CorkCity

Im more concerned at what age will I be at my last Fulham game .Once you get to 30 it's all down hill , so Im told.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Matt

Just turned 19. First game 30th October 2004 vs. Spurs at the Cottage. I was 12 and my dad wanted me to support Spurs, just like he did and still does. 
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

MJG

The first game my dad took me to was in 1969 when i was 3, and i went on and off to a couple of games every season but to be honest did not enjoy it.
I saw the light in September 1978-Stoke at home, we won 2-0 and for the first time wanted to go the next week....Preston at home 5-3...I was hooked.
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ later i'm still here.