watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lemina and Anguissa were giants today

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 19, 2020, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

They were excellent in the first half and even better when we went down to 10 men.

Without them we may have lost

AnOldBrownie

Lemina MOTM.

I want to sign Lemina long term right now.

colinwhite

HobGoblin

Hard choice MOTM, think Lemina nicks it personally

RaySmith

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 19, 2020, 09:56:48 PM
They were excellent in the first half and even better when we went down to 10 men.

Without them we may have lost

Agree.

Great, gutsy performance from the 10 men.

Prem refs are biased against Fulham, no doubt about it. Do Sky give then backhanders to uphold the status -quo of the  'big' clubs and managers?
You can't help but ask these questions.

FFC1987

Honestly, I'm glad Lemina is getting praise again. He's an absolute beast when in form. Him and Anguissa just compliment each other so well.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 19, 2020, 10:06:50 PM
Honestly, I'm glad Lemina is getting praise again. He's an absolute beast when in form. Him and Anguissa just compliment each other so well.

They are two box to box mids (Anguissa and Lemina) that eliminate the need for a dedicated holding mid (Reed) imo.    It's great having Reed as a sub...but Lemina can assist in the attack and the defense better than Harrison imo.   Zambo is the same.

Our midfield is set imo with Cairney, Zambo and Lemina.    Question is how long can Lemina stay healthy.

jayffc

Have always felt Lemina has top quality when on form and has a higher ceiling than Reed (who I'm not deriding necessarily there). The issue in past has been his consistency... let's prey he can start to string more of these games together and really find a home here alongside Frank. What a pairing they could be if they continue to fulfill their potential!

WolverineFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 19, 2020, 09:58:31 PM
Lemina MOTM.

I want to sign Lemina long term right now.

Agreed. It would open another domestic loan spot which is a double win in my opinion.

roberto w6

They were both outstanding.
Lemina definitely my MOTM
Also, other players showed they have the attributes to make it in the PL: Andersen, Areola, Robinson, Lookman
I was disappointed with the first half performance. I thought we'd lost all of the qualities we'd shown over the last few games: high tempo, pressing opponents, always making a man available. I don't know if TC slowing things down and invariably passing backwards was the reason but sadly the match confirmed for me that TC and Mitro are cover only. I'd honestly prefer to give Onamah and Kamara a run out based on what I saw.
We showed some determination and belief when we lost Andersen which will be qualities we'll need over the rest of the season. A couple of times I actually thought we were going to get a winner.
I was sad to see Hector look so out of his depth. Here is a guy who contributed so much to our promotion with such commanding performances. Let's hope it's just match fitness and that he can get back to his old self. It was nice to see  Bryan back on the pitch too. I wish he had a good right foot as I'd play him down that side rather than Aina who I just don't rate (and I'm not only talking about losing possession that led to their penalty).
As for those who slag off Cav. He is a poor finisher but wouldn't have scored less goals than Mitro last night. But he would have dragged their defence all over the place with his runs and may have created more openings for others. We missed his mobility which I think has been key to this more effective style of recent games
Overall a good point where we showed character being down to 10 men and know that we are definitely good enough to beat Newcastle when we face them next. Let's hope Villa and Sheff Utd both get 3 points today.
COYW

filham

Lemina was outstanding last night but just a short head in front of Anguissa,

WindyCity

Lemina had a good game. 

I noticed in another thread someone saying Lemina wouldn't be available for the next game.  Does anyone know if this is true and/or why?

shepperton white

There was a fair amount of stick from saints fans for Lemina - maybe that changed with a new manager

Moltobueno

Quote from: WindyCity on December 20, 2020, 03:36:41 PM
Lemina had a good game. 

I noticed in another thread someone saying Lemina wouldn't be available for the next game.  Does anyone know if this is true and/or why?

He's a loanee from Southampton

sunburywhite

Anguissa has been immense all season. I cant see us keeping him
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 19, 2020, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 19, 2020, 10:06:50 PM

They are two box to box mids (Anguissa and Lemina) that eliminate the need for a dedicated holding mid (Reed) imo.    It's great having Reed as a sub...but Lemina can assist in the attack and the defense better than Harrison imo.   Zambo is the same.

Our midfield is set imo with Cairney, Zambo and Lemina.    Question is how long can Lemina stay healthy.

Not Cairney.