watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

According to reports on Twitter, we, along with Spurs are looking at Wigan's 19 yr old striker Kyle Joseph who is soon to be out of contract

Tempest

Quote from: grandad on January 18, 2021, 09:03:52 AM
King wants £120k a week. No way we would pay that. Move on.
But no transfer fee?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Craven Mad

Quote from: Tempest on January 18, 2021, 09:18:34 AM
But no transfer fee?

Madness if true. Given he's a free transfer I'd expected him to shoot for a higher wage, but even half of that amount would be plenty enough. £120k is ridiculous.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 18, 2021, 09:23:07 AM
But no transfer fee?

Madness if true. Given he's a free transfer I'd expected him to shoot for a higher wage, but even half of that amount would be plenty enough. £120k is ridiculous.

I guess he's better than what we got but really can't see the appeal of King. He's 29, not exactly prolific & every time I've seen him he's been rank average

Craven Mad

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 18, 2021, 09:46:53 AM
But no transfer fee?

I guess he's better than what we got but really can't see the appeal of King. He's 29, not exactly prolific & every time I've seen him he's been rank average

The appeal is basically what you've said: better than what we currently have, Prem experience  and likely available. That wage price is absurd though; there's no way anyone will pay that much

sunburywhite

I see Chelsea have sold Charlie Brown to MK Dons

I wonder if he went for peanuts
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 18, 2021, 10:19:13 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 18, 2021, 09:46:53 AM
But no transfer fee?

The appeal is basically what you've said: better than what we currently have, Prem experience  and likely available. That wage price is absurd though; there's no way anyone will pay that much

Makes sense for him to stay with them until the summer, the new club can then give him a higer salary instead of spending it on a £5-10m fee. over 3 years, that's roughly 40k per week...There are obviously more considerations for a new club (overall wage structure etc.) but you would expect a free transfer (or low transfer fee player) to get a higher salary (Robinson comes to mind).

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Hoppus

Twitter:

"COYWhites
@COYWhites_com
·
4m
We have reportedly joined the race for Josh King."

Jim©

I've not seen us linked but I remember seeing him play Man U a few years ago and he caused them problems- Jean Pierre Nsame from Young Boys in Switzerland. Scored 41 in 45 games last season and scores a lot. 13 in 20 games this season. Relatively cheap, knows how to score goals and offers something different to Mitro/Cav.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 18, 2021, 10:50:02 AM
I see Chelsea have sold Charlie Brown to MK Dons

I wonder if he went for peanuts
I see what you did there 👍😅
Like it....⚽️⚽️🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fcfulham55

Josh King.

Thus far, 10 appearances for Bournemouth.

0 goals.

Is there a reason why we're going for him?
To be fair I don't know if he's out of favour because he wants to move on, could be just brief apps as sub?
Sent from my Nokia 3310

JimOG

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 18, 2021, 01:10:18 PM
Josh King.

Thus far, 10 appearances for Bournemouth.

0 goals.

Is there a reason why we're going for him?
To be fair I don't know if he's out of favour because he wants to move on, could be just brief apps as sub?

As you say far from prolific - 2 in 11 if you include the FA Cup 6 in 27 year before. I'd rather Origi or Dia

Riversider

Would rather take Alfredo Morelos over Josh King, far better scoring return and far cheaper wages,
Can be a fiery player but he would get far more protection from referees in the Premier League than he does in the SPL.

jayffc

I'm not sold on King, thought maybe in the summer he was the better of the options floated about, but that was with the thought that he'd be a back up option for/with Mitro. As a starter there are other options suggested I would rather pursue if available. He might score better alongside this team than in past years but as stated what we need is an outright finisher at this point. That said, he certainly is strong and quick and not easily pushed off the ball, a common theme with the players we've brought in.

Jury's out but he certainly seems to back himself as a top player

Deeping_white

Apparently we tried to re-sign Moussa Dembele the younger but couldn't afford the wages that Atleti offered him. Clearly we must have the right sort of money available  to try and entice a decent player to join us, presumably on loan with an option so that we're not hamstrung by a large purchase should we get relegated

jayffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 18, 2021, 03:59:38 PM
Apparently we tried to re-sign Moussa Dembele the younger but couldn't afford the wages that Atleti offered him. Clearly we must have the right sort of money available  to try and entice a decent player to join us, presumably on loan with an option so that we're not hamstrung by a large purchase should we get relegated

Now THAT is the type of signing I want us to be making. Where did you hear this? Would have been ecstatic but would show at least we're looking for someone with real quality. Loan to buy makes sense to me, hasn't gone at all badly this year at least with Areola, Lookman & Lemina. . Fingers crossed we can bring in someone around that level of quality

jayffc

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on January 18, 2021, 04:48:54 PM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-have-failed-in-bid-to-re-sign-34-5m-star/

so if true, would suggest, as we'd hope, we have been trying since early to get a deal done for a new striker.

I don't think anyone doubts that we've been "trying"
When Derby went down with 11pts I'm sure they "tried" to stay up

Whitesideup

Would be uncomfortable with a huge wage bill for Josh King. Not sure he is the player to make the difference. Last good season with 16 goals was 2016-17. Since then averaging approximately a goal every four games.