more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2021, 10:45:26 AM
His agent has come forward saying the rumour £120k and huge wage demands isn't true but I'd not pay £16m for him. Haven't been impressed last two seasons to be honest.

True....But maybe he has fell out of love with Bournemouth and he'll hit the ground running at another club...Might keep us up if he does.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2021, 11:02:35 AM
His agent has come forward saying the rumour £120k and huge wage demands isn't true but I'd not pay £16m for him. Haven't been impressed last two seasons to be honest.

True....But maybe he has fell out of love with Bournemouth and he'll hit the ground running at another club...Might keep us up if he does.

Whilst I don't disagree, any player can make a move and have a rejuvenation in career, I'm just not sure he's what we need in terms of final piece of the puzzle. I mean, if he comes, amazing and i'll support him and pray he delivers!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2021, 11:14:28 AM

Whilst I don't disagree, any player can make a move and have a rejuvenation in career, I'm just not sure he's what we need in terms of final piece of the puzzle. I mean, if he comes, amazing and i'll support him and pray he delivers!

He hasn't scored a league goal this season, he's got 6 months left on his deal & he's 29. HTF can he be worth that 16m? He gets a goal in every four & a bit games & sounds like he's a tool downer too
Surely there's got to be a better option out there??

FFC1987

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 22, 2021, 11:34:17 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 22, 2021, 11:14:28 AM

He hasn't scored a league goal this season, he's got 6 months left on his deal & he's 29. HTF can he be worth that 16m? He gets a goal in every four & a bit games & sounds like he's a tool downer too
Surely there's got to be a better option out there??

I mean, I'm sure you know this but he's worth that to Watford in terms of quality he brings to squad in a promotion push and what another team are willing to pay so even though his contract is short, hes a pretty valuable asset to them still.

filham

I think maybe this is our tamest window thread of all time. Even those lazy journalists with their manufactured rumours seem to be missing.
Will it burst into life next week perhaps.

FFC In Oz

Looking increasingly likely that we won't get anyone in.

Here's to Cav playing up top for the rest of the season.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 22, 2021, 03:08:35 PM

Don't blame Tony if this happens though. Although its his job.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: FFC In Oz on January 22, 2021, 03:08:35 PM

.....and for the promotion push next......👍🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mullers OG

Time for Woodrow to come home.  Poorly treated to my mind when he was with us and just the sort of finisher we need now.

Slaphead in Qatar

What Scott just said

' Not at the moment, there's nothing I can give you that's remotely close. We all know it's a tough window but at the same time we all realise where we need to add to the team to help the team, help the players, help us this year. It's not for the want of trying but at the moment it's difficult.'

sarnian

Sorry if Woodrow is the answer then we have no hope. Very pedestrian and we need a pacy goal scorer.

Jeroen

Normally I would say Parker's comments about 'not remotely close' is transfer politics to see if the other club moves on price, but in our current situation I can't see this being the case:
If we have a £2/3 million difference between asking price and offer we should just pay it - yes we might pay an over the top loan fee, but it's the difference of getting one in 'early' and get him embedded in the team and hence staying up or going down!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Mullers OG on January 22, 2021, 04:54:45 PM
Time for Woodrow to come home.  Poorly treated to my mind when he was with us and just the sort of finisher we need now.

Stuttgart want him in the Summer window.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 22, 2021, 05:40:30 PM

Stuttgart want him in the Summer window.
I was a great fan of Cauley Woodrow and thought he was a very nice footballer that never got the right opportunities with us. Having said that I am not confident that he would solve our goal scoring problems right now. If Parker thought he could surely we would have secured his signature on January 1st.

mrmicawbers

I doubt he would get under 23 time mate.Very rarely works out for someone to come back and do well.IMO he's just not quick enough for the prem.

LC

Woodrow has turned into a okay/good championship striker. Not a PL striker, so it's a clear and obvious no

PaulJ123

Deadline day move for Cenk Tosun is where my moneys at.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 22, 2021, 07:37:10 PM
I doubt he would get under 23 time mate.Very rarely works out for someone to come back and do well.IMO he's just not quick enough for the prem.

Well..
Mullery
Maybank
Ivor?
Some do, but by no means all, not disagreeing with you just saying....

Arthur

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 22, 2021, 07:46:52 PM

I think West Brom will most likely get him - Allardyce was manager at Everton when Tosun first went there.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Arthur on January 23, 2021, 04:19:31 AM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 22, 2021, 07:46:52 PM

I think West Brom will most likely get him - Allardyce was manager at Everton when Tosun first went there.

A possibility for WBA as is Benteke apparently 🤔 !!! Benteke maybe too similar to Mitro for us but we need to watch WBA with Sam !!