Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2021, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 23, 2021, 10:18:21 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 23, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
I see Wolves have managed to sign a striker in Willian Jose from Sociedad. Very frustrating to see both them and Palace signing strikers when we are left without so much as a rumour for anyone.
Amazing that, considering its impossible to get players in January according to some!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yep, exactly right Denzil

Funny, I thought it was the opposite of right, given that I can't remember anyone on this board (or anywhere else for that matter) ever claiming that it is impossible to sign someone in January (except some people trying to use it as a ridiculous argument in a mockingly fashion, like in the example above). But maybe I have missed those posts.

Tabby

sarnian

Slaphead in Qatar

Spezia are probably trying to survive in their league - be a bit stupid if they sold their goal scorer at this stage I would say............

Craven Mad

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 23, 2021, 06:30:46 PM
Spezia are probably trying to survive in their league - be a bit stupid if they sold their goal scorer at this stage I would say............

They might need the money... I guess that'd be what we're banking on with that offer.

Agreed that I think it's unlikely to work though.

jayffc

Piatek once hotly tipped, things dampened a little after going off the boil in his second season at Milan, took the no.9 shirt there that they say is cursed, hasn't hit the heights since but wouldnt be the first time someone had rejuvenated themselves here

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 23, 2021, 06:30:46 PM
To be fair they're in a much better league position than we are. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

SP

joef

I really think we should look to Championship for a striker.

Someone who will be eager to prove themselves and not see it as a sidestep or temporary stop.

Someone who won't need to settle in from another country in, let's be honest, very surreal times due to COVID. I can imagine London can feel quite lonely without anyone there to help show you around, and without any of the perks of London living actually being open due to COVID. That could affect performances and ability to hit the ground running, scoring from the very start of their Fulham career.

Che Adam's, Bowen, Watkins have all stepped up and look good.

And if worst happens this year and we go down we will have the Championship ready striker on the books to help fire us back up.

I'd be really interested in knowing who is out there in the Championship and could potentially be that guy for us.

Andyb

Quote from: joef on January 24, 2021, 09:15:46 AM

Someone who will be eager to prove themselves and not see it as a sidestep or temporary stop.

Someone who won't need to settle in from another country in, let's be honest, very surreal times due to COVID. I can imagine London can feel quite lonely without anyone there to help show you around, and without any of the perks of London living actually being open due to COVID. That could affect performances and ability to hit the ground running, scoring from the very start of their Fulham career.

And if worst happens this year and we go down we will have the Championship ready striker on the books to help fire us back up.

I'd be really interested in knowing who is out there in the Championship and could potentially be that guy for us.

Adam Armstrong....

Mince n Tatties

Jeroen

Quote from: joef on January 24, 2021, 09:15:46 AM

Issue with this is that you need to spend the £££ which according to reports we don't have. Also it would have to be serieus money to tempt a team that is somewhere pushing for promotion or playoffs - this leave strikers from mid table teams, which (and I haven't looked to be honest) I'm not sure what we require to be firing in the PL

Friendsoffulham

sunburywhite

I was looking at O'Riley yesterday and thinking to myself how he has totally mucked up his career. Hasnt played since we let him go or he left at the end of last season.

Seems like nobody thought he is as good as he thinks he is
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

@jolslover

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 24, 2021, 11:27:37 AM

That's mad, rejected a Fulham contract to sign for MK Dons .. I always rated him
STH H3

Asotosyios

Quote from: @jolslover on January 24, 2021, 11:33:13 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 24, 2021, 11:27:37 AM

That's mad, rejected a Fulham contract to sign for MK Dons .. I always rated him

Agree with that - he could have easily signed a contract with us and be sent out to MK Dons on loan to get games.

Probably he felt that the opportunities were not there for him with us, as he hardly had a look even last year in the Championship. On the other hand, he must have thought he would generate more interest in the summer otherwise he would have signed a lot earlier  and not settled for a contract with MK Dons.