watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 23, 2021, 01:41:35 PM
https://www.gazzetta.it/Exception/23-01-2021/mercatospezia-fulham-offre-12-milioni-nzola-40066334906.shtml

We've made a £10.5m offer for M'bala Nzola of Spezia apparently

Scores practically every week in Serie A for an unfancied team. Leeds and West Ham have also shown an interest in him in the past.

Would be a good purchase but I don't think Spezia will let their main man come to us at this stage of the season.

twang

Quote from: Tabby on January 23, 2021, 01:46:56 PM
https://www.calciomercato.it/2021/01/23/calciomercato-juventus-adarabioyo-fulham-premier/

According to this Juventus are interested in signing Tosin, and the asking price is meant to be €10-12 million. Seems like a rubbish story though.

Don't know much about him except that he's the type of player I want us to go for as he's a left-footed striker/winger hybrid so we could play him wide right or up front on his own. Just the type of player we're missing. If he's good enough is another question though, but his record this season is impressive.

Whitestone

https://www.gazzetta.it/Exception/23-01-2021/mercatospezia-fulham-offre-12-milioni-nzola-40066334906.shtml

Spezia currently playing away at Roma. Nzola not in the starting line up or on the bench. Could there be something happening here ?

DevonFFC

Quote from: twang on January 23, 2021, 02:47:34 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 23, 2021, 01:46:56 PM
https://www.calciomercato.it/2021/01/23/calciomercato-juventus-adarabioyo-fulham-premier/

According to this Juventus are interested in signing Tosin, and the asking price is meant to be €10-12 million. Seems like a rubbish story though.

Don't know much about him except that he's the type of player I want us to go for as he's a left-footed striker/winger hybrid so we could play him wide right or up front on his own. Just the type of player we're missing. If he's good enough is another question though, but his record this season is impressive.

Unless he's injured he's not playing or in the match day squad as I write this

Tabby

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 23, 2021, 02:58:32 PM

This is the fourth game he has been out for.

jayffc

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 23, 2021, 10:18:21 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 23, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
I see Wolves have managed to sign a striker in Willian Jose from Sociedad. Very frustrating to see both them and Palace signing strikers when we are left without so much as a rumour for anyone.
Amazing that, considering its impossible to get players in January according to some!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Do we really have to keep on making this cliche comment every time? Its so tired....literally no one said it was impossible, ever on here. No one.

People did say there are many reasons why a transfer isnt easy to tie up early in this window as reiterated by Scott. There are many reasons why it is harder for a club specificly in our current position to make quality acquisitions in this window. It's not hard to understand that it's tough to convince a top player to join a team fighting relegation. Its not impossible and I expect us to make something happen but I remain unsuprised that it may go on later into the window. Much as I'd rather it didnt.

Can we just stop doing this every time a signing is made by another club, especially ones established in the prem for a number of years, mid table and above.if Brighton Burnley and WBA start signing top quality players then that's at least a closer comparison.

Still hope we are able to make a signing soon like the rest of us but let's not have to bring the moderators back in to lock this thred again because of posts going round in circles on this same bloody convo again.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Tabby on January 23, 2021, 03:08:42 PM

Injured then I guess, odds on we bring him in just in time for the last game of the seasonn

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitestone on January 23, 2021, 02:58:30 PM

Spezia currently playing away at Roma. Nzola not in the starting line up or on the bench. Could there be something happening here ?

He's having a medical at Eintracht Frankfurt.🤔

DevonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2021, 03:23:23 PM

Have they not just signed the lad from Madrid?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 23, 2021, 03:25:37 PM

I'm joking....It will be something like that I'm presuming why he isn't in their squad.

Whitestone

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2021, 03:29:15 PM

I'm joking....It will be something like that I'm presuming why he isn't in their squad.

He was subbed off in a match against Sampdoria on 11 Jan and hasn't played since so he's most likely out injured. On a positive note he did score a penalty in that game

jayffc

Quote from: Whitestone on January 23, 2021, 03:34:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2021, 03:29:15 PM

He was subbed off in a match against Sampdoria on 11 Jan and hasn't played since so he's most likely out injured. On a positive note he did score a penalty in that game

Has been out with an ankle injury,  que the mawson/kongolo comments etc etc etc

jayffc

Imagine it's always likely to be one of these more risky purchases than a consistent top league scorer given our league position... hes only 24 so no reason he cant improve and scoring well in his first serie A season. Lots of rumblings of interest from Milan and other clubs in italy,

Let's see how it pans out

PaulJ123

Would prefer Gayle to Nzola.

Knows the league, Nzola feels like AK47 v2.

Arthur

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 23, 2021, 03:43:31 PM
Says ankle problem here on 16 Jan - nailed on we sign him then boys and girls

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mbala-nzola/leistungsdaten/spieler/354814/saison/2020/plus/1#gesamt

It's not inconceivable we were in the process of negotiating his transfer when he got injured.

At which point, we turn our attention to other targets (e.g. Dembele). But it's not happening for us, so the Club is prepared to sign this guy rather miss out altogether.

Of course, his being injured makes it easy to be critical or mocking, but what if it has reached the stage whereby it's a choice between this guy or no one? Do we really want no one?

Statto

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 23, 2021, 10:18:21 AM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 23, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
I see Wolves have managed to sign a striker in Willian Jose from Sociedad. Very frustrating to see both them and Palace signing strikers when we are left without so much as a rumour for anyone.
Amazing that, considering its impossible to get players in January according to some!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yep, exactly right Denzil

filham

Quote from: Tabby on January 23, 2021, 03:08:42 PM

Oh dear sounds like a treatment room partner for Kongolo

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: jayffc on January 23, 2021, 03:40:38 PM
Imagine it's always likely to be one of these more risky purchases than a consistent top league scorer given our league position... hes only 24 so no reason he cant improve and scoring well in his first serie A season. Lots of rumblings of interest from Milan and other clubs in italy,

Let's see how it pans out

Depends on the seriousness of the injury. Mitrogolou, Mawson and so far Kongolo were a waste of money.

Rather we get no one rather than another crock.

Don't forget we have last years Championship goolden Boot winner. Unless he's injured we need to get him back into form - that would solve a lot of our problems