watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

I have to admit I was unsure about the value in signing Babel in the summer but he would be the perfect fix for our present need - a quick, cheap, ready-to-go winger/forward

Statto

Quote from: LC on January 01, 2021, 04:14:50 AM
Quote from: gang on January 01, 2021, 12:15:53 AM
Window open, have we signed anyone yet? Come on Tony. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Waiting for the TK out posts.. hahahahaa

5 years of pi$$ poor transfer timing may have lowered Fulham fans' expectations but it's not unreasonable to expect a signing the day the window opens. Three other PL clubs have already signed someone. It just won't ever happen with TK/AM.

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on January 01, 2021, 10:40:38 AM
I have to admit I was unsure about the value in signing Babel in the summer but he would be the perfect fix for our present need - a quick, cheap, ready-to-go winger/forward

:plus one:

Moltobueno

Buendia
Harry Wilson
David Brooks
Osayi-Samuel

If looking at Championship, these would be the names I'd look into for our right winger.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on January 01, 2021, 10:40:38 AM

He's got that extra quality in front of goal, very calm. His goal against Liverpool was so cool.

PaulJ123

Not sure Babel is the player he was 2 seasons ago...

Would love Buendia or Osayi Samuel from the championship.

bill taylors apprentice

We must be trying to sign permanently Aina or Lemina therefore creating the opportunity for another loan.

Craven Mad

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 01, 2021, 11:40:11 AM
We must be trying to sign permanently Aina or Lemina therefore creating the opportunity for another loan.

Aina's not a domestic loan (he's from Torino), so I don't think he affects things.

Our two domestic loans are currently used by Lemina and RLC. If we buy Mario and/or return Ruben, we'd be able to bring in fresh Prem/Championship loans.

Jeroen

It also depends on who the CoVid positives are to be honest! If it's in our front three and we don't know how they will return (look at Newcastle) than Babel might be a quick fix for a problem and not the 'main' event

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 31, 2020, 09:21:08 PM
We can't have any domestic loans at all, any new loans must be from abroad

Getting a player from Europe is now a bit more complicated due to Brexit, for one thing they have to apply for a work permit.

Barrett487

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-wolves-lead-fulham-west-brom-in-race-to-sign-english-defender/

Wolves are leading West Brom and Fulham in the race to sign Grimsby Town defender Mattie Pollock, Football Insider understands.

The 19-year-old centre-back has impressed for the League Two outfit and already has 50 first-team appearances under his belt after breaking into the senior side back in late 2018.

Moltobueno

Daniel James leaving United in January - currently West Brom being favourites. Would love to see us making a move for him.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Moltobueno on January 01, 2021, 03:23:45 PM
Daniel James leaving United in January - currently West Brom being favourites. Would love to see us making a move for him.

I would also be interested in this for the right price. The challenge will be wage expectations, I'd expect...

Denver Fulham

Parker came out today in this press conference openly stating we need a striker. How we accomplish it — loan or buy, starter or support — will be interesting to watch.

LC

Quote from: Statto on January 01, 2021, 10:45:04 AM
Quote from: LC on January 01, 2021, 04:14:50 AM
Quote from: gang on January 01, 2021, 12:15:53 AM
Window open, have we signed anyone yet? Come on Tony. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Waiting for the TK out posts.. hahahahaa

5 years of pi$$ poor transfer timing may have lowered Fulham fans' expectations but it's not unreasonable to expect a signing the day the window opens. Three other PL clubs have already signed someone. It just won't ever happen with TK/AM.

Whilst I agree our timing of our transfers has traditionally made things very difficult for us- especially this season- I wouldn't be to quick to criticise management for not singing someone the day the window opens. We should look to have a striker in fairly quickly though within 1-2 weeks maximum, but I do fear it won't be done until the end of the window.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 01, 2021, 11:25:34 AM
Not sure Babel is the player he was 2 seasons ago...

Would love Buendia or Osayi Samuel from the championship.

He doesn't have to be. If he is 80% of the guy that played for the club 2 seasons ago then he ticks multiple boxes of need/value.

- Can play wing and the lone direct striker role more clinically than Cav.
- Knows the club and the mgr so can bed in quickly.
- Proved 2 yrs ago a player who will put in the work which the club need from its attacking players.
- Is an improvement on current options, Kebano and AK.

Finally, he is likely not to break the bank, so the club can continue to look for another player in the same position. Hopefully this buys them some time to turn over a gem like Tosin or Robinson.

filham

What is the situation with Babel, is he available for a match by match deal.

Slaphead in Qatar

What Scott said in the press conference

"Up front is an area where we are light. Other teams in the league have depth. We'll try and do something in January."

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 01, 2021, 06:48:35 PM
Linked to Alfie Doughty of Charlton

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballfancast.com/fulham-fc-news/fulham-alfie-doughty-charlton-athletic-tony-khan-scott-parker/amp

Bull ish   (not saying it to you Slaphead, saying it to the Athletic)

We have a full squad, need to let players go...yet Fulham are looking to fill their one or two transfer spots with a non attacking player, from a lower league...because the player is fast.

I'd curse Tony Khan if this was one of our transfer targets.

No fricken way.   At some point these publications have to take the time to research the sides they are doing reports on.   

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 01, 2021, 03:14:51 PM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-wolves-lead-fulham-west-brom-in-race-to-sign-english-defender/

Wolves are leading West Brom and Fulham in the race to sign Grimsby Town defender Mattie Pollock, Football Insider understands.

The 19-year-old centre-back has impressed for the League Two outfit and already has 50 first-team appearances under his belt after breaking into the senior side back in late 2018.

Again...who pays the people to write these stories?  It's not happening in a January transfer window.