watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatch007

Here's a thought ... could Doughty and/or Pollock "technically" be signed for the U23s but still available for PL selection without filling places in the official PL 25-man squad?

WestSussexWhite

:Happy New Year:
Quote from: Hatch007 on January 01, 2021, 07:40:35 PM
Here's a thought ... could Doughty and/or Pollock "technically" be signed for the U23s but still available for PL selection without filling places in the official PL 25-man squad?

Yes as they are 21 and below they would not have to be named in the 25 man squad. We can sign any u21 player for the first team and they would not count

AnOldBrownie

Have we made similar moves in the past 3 January transfer windows?   We're "technically" putting it out there that we're bolstering our U23 squad during a pandemic. 

We need much better players than those two.  Neither would ever get named to a match day squad.   

Hatch007

True, OldBrownie
I wasn't necessarily suggesting they should play in the PL this season but more curious to know if we could sign them as "ones for the future" without taking up valuable official PL squad places which SussexWhite has answered. Cheers for that, btw

Craven Mad

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 01, 2021, 08:00:23 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

Good depth but a waste of a loan slot if true (and risky with his injury record).

Can't see how he'd start in our current setup though, but he'd good offer cover for DM or CB.

Really don't see this happening unless the deal was a) v v cheap, and b) permanent.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 01, 2021, 08:29:40 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

Good depth but a waste of a loan slot if true (and risky with his injury record).

Can't see how he'd start in our current setup though, but he'd good offer cover for DM or CB.

Really don't see this happening unless the deal was a) v v cheap, and b) permanent.
are we allowed another loan then. Thought two was the Max.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Chambers = no in the summer
Chambers = absolutely no in January. We have better in all positions he failed in for us two years ago (& I include each & every position he played in for us).

Lazy journalism, I hope

Asotosyios

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 01, 2021, 07:47:27 PM

Have we made similar moves in the past 3 January transfer windows?   We're "technically" putting it out there that we're bolstering our U23 squad during a pandemic. 

We need much better players than those two.  Neither would ever get named to a match day squad.   

They can always be an investment for the future.

For example: we but them in January, we let them stay on loan on their current clubs till the summer and then, depending on whether we are in the Premier League or the Championship, we decide to give them a chance or send them out on loan again. Nothing wrong with that.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2021, 08:35:50 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

I'm assuming we'll free one up (by buying Mario or returning RLC)

AnOldBrownie

jayffc

Invalid Tweet ID

Twitter account with 450 followers...highly doubt theres anything at all in this  no way wed waste a loan spot in a position we have more than ample back up in... CB and DM are finally 2 positions we have covered

LC

I don't understand why people want Babel back, he is 2 years older than when he was last with us, and hasn't done much since he left. A 34 years old who predominantly plays on the left wing I don't see why we need him.

We need a striker and a right winger

PaulJ123

Quote from: LC on January 02, 2021, 03:55:29 AM
I don't understand why people want Babel back, he is 2 years older than when he was last with us, and hasn't done much since he left. A 34 years old who predominantly plays on the left wing I don't see why we need him.

Totally agree

Whitestone

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 02, 2021, 03:30:49 PM

Totally agree

The January window is notoriously difficult so a player like Babel who know's the club and  can play through the middle would be an excellent short term fix. I'm not sure why his age is repeatedly raised as an issue. There are many players of a similar age playing at the top level. Messi and Ronaldo immediately spring to mind so why can't a 34 year old Babel be of benefit to Fulham ?

FFC1987

I don't understand why people don't want him back. Its clear if we have money to spend, it'll be on a striker, he knows the setup, is still pacey, clinical and can play along the front line and both wings. Seems a no brainer to me.

Friendsoffulham

fulhamben

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 02, 2021, 04:33:31 PM

persuade? I'd imagine Tony has the kismet docked in the Thames ready to get around any flight bans. 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 01, 2021, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2021, 08:35:50 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

I'm assuming we'll free one up (by buying Mario or returning RLC)
We might need RLC for cover of any future celebrations/covid  fall out. He could, of course, be one of the isolators.