more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

As reported in the Evening Standard

West Brom manager Sam Allardyce says he has already missed out on three new signings due to the impact of Brexit.

Allardyce has been brought in by the Baggies in a bid to avoid relegation, earning one point from his opening four games, but the new manager believes the January transfer window could be the toughest of his career as he deals with post-Brexit regulations and the COVID-19 pandemic.

New rules that came into force from January 1 mean Premier League clubs will not be allowed to sign players from European Union countries without a work permit while foreign players under the age of 18 cannot be signed at all.

Allardyce, whose side are second from bottom with eight points from 17 games, said deals for three potential recruits had already fallen through as a result of the new rules.

"I have found three players already who were capable of coming here and they're not allowed. It's a shame," Allardyce said.

JimOG

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 04, 2021, 04:08:14 PM

I've only seen the usual YouTube clips but not it's his footballing intelligence & vision I noticed. He's aware of team-mates better placed which you can't say of AK or Cav. Quick, both feet and finishes well.

rebel

Quote from: Gezza on January 04, 2021, 04:13:30 PM
As reported in the Evening Standard

West Brom manager Sam Allardyce says he has already missed out on three new signings due to the impact of Brexit.

Allardyce has been brought in by the Baggies in a bid to avoid relegation, earning one point from his opening four games, but the new manager believes the January transfer window could be the toughest of his career as he deals with post-Brexit regulations and the COVID-19 pandemic.

New rules that came into force from January 1 mean Premier League clubs will not be allowed to sign players from European Union countries without a work permit while foreign players under the age of 18 cannot be signed at all.

Allardyce, whose side are second from bottom with eight points from 17 games, said deals for three potential recruits had already fallen through as a result of the new rules.

"I have found three players already who were capable of coming here and they're not allowed. It's a shame," Allardyce said.

Yes but Sam has contact.

mrmicawbers

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: JimOG on January 04, 2021, 04:14:36 PM

I've only seen the usual YouTube clips but not it's his footballing intelligence & vision I noticed. He's aware of team-mates better placed which you can't say of AK or Cav. Quick, both feet and finishes well.

4 goals in 46 appearances last season. So we're not interested in him for the goals - hopefully he's better for his wing play

fulhamben

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 04, 2021, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: JimOG on January 04, 2021, 04:14:36 PM

4 goals in 46 appearances last season. So we're not interested in him for the goals - hopefully he's better for his wing play
nearly 4 times better than cav though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2021, 04:31:30 PM

No, not even nearly. Cav scored 6 in 43 (7 assists) a division higher than him last season, so not sure where you get the "4 times better" from???

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 04, 2021, 02:34:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 04, 2021, 01:34:01 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 03, 2021, 11:50:29 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 01, 2021, 04:35:12 PM
Parker came out today in this press conference openly stating we need a striker. How we accomplish it — loan or buy, starter or support — will be interesting to watch.
Hmmm?
Scott previously played down our calls for a striker in Jan saying we might get one or two loans.
Wonder if this most recent statement is to put pressure on TK, so as not to act is to accept relegation in January.
IFSO well done SP.

Being 3 points adrift with 2 games in hand, I can't imagine TK is expecting relegation as the most likely outcome? (yes, the irony that I do but if he believes in his work and the squad he's built, he'll think we're absolutely fine currently).

Also worth noting, we per the 13th Jan, we could find ourselves 3 points adrift with 3 games in hand with Brighton playing Man City next. Burnley are 5 points in front and play Man United next, so the Chelsea game for us on 15th could be huge. An unlikely 3 points there and we'd really be in a decent position on both Burnley and Brighton which part of this mini league is vital. I suspect if we maintain a few points off Burnley, we'll be absolutely fine this year. It is however a tall order on a team whose won twice in 15 outings! Fingers and toes crossed as it really is in our hands to justify our place in this league.

Our games in hand are against Spurs and Burnley (away). Realisticly I expect 0 to 1 points from these two games, which won't be enough.

We desperately need a striker and a RW but if we spend a lot of money this window and are relegated anyway we will be in SERIOUS trouble next season. We could easily find ourselves closer to League One than promotion back to the PL.

Spending a lot of money this window will be a HUGE financial gamble which isn't something we usually do. I don't expect much more than a couple of uninspiring loans from some mid-level European league this window. We can still avoid relegation of course but I'm not very optimistic.

Define lots of money? Bear in mind we've not spent much this year.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 04, 2021, 05:30:45 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 04, 2021, 02:34:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 04, 2021, 01:34:01 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 03, 2021, 11:50:29 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 01, 2021, 04:35:12 PM
Parker came out today in this press conference openly stating we need a striker. How we accomplish it — loan or buy, starter or support — will be interesting to watch.
Hmmm?
Scott previously played down our calls for a striker in Jan saying we might get one or two loans.
Wonder if this most recent statement is to put pressure on TK, so as not to act is to accept relegation in January.
IFSO well done SP.

Being 3 points adrift with 2 games in hand, I can't imagine TK is expecting relegation as the most likely outcome? (yes, the irony that I do but if he believes in his work and the squad he's built, he'll think we're absolutely fine currently).

Also worth noting, we per the 13th Jan, we could find ourselves 3 points adrift with 3 games in hand with Brighton playing Man City next. Burnley are 5 points in front and play Man United next, so the Chelsea game for us on 15th could be huge. An unlikely 3 points there and we'd really be in a decent position on both Burnley and Brighton which part of this mini league is vital. I suspect if we maintain a few points off Burnley, we'll be absolutely fine this year. It is however a tall order on a team whose won twice in 15 outings! Fingers and toes crossed as it really is in our hands to justify our place in this league.

Our games in hand are against Spurs and Burnley (away). Realisticly I expect 0 to 1 points from these two games, which won't be enough.

We desperately need a striker and a RW but if we spend a lot of money this window and are relegated anyway we will be in SERIOUS trouble next season. We could easily find ourselves closer to League One than promotion back to the PL.

Spending a lot of money this window will be a HUGE financial gamble which isn't something we usually do. I don't expect much more than a couple of uninspiring loans from some mid-level European league this window. We can still avoid relegation of course but I'm not very optimistic.

Define lots of money? Bear in mind we've not spent much this year.

If the Twitter rumo(u)rs about Seri to Turkey come to fruition, that could change the financial picture some for our plans this month. As long as the fee is reasonable, that would be a big development re: FFP.

Barrett487

Don't know of this is old news?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-final-negotiations-sign-fulham-player-loan-obligation-buy-three-year-deal-set/

Club in 'final negotiations' to sign Fulham player – Loan with obligation to buy, three-year deal set up

Arriving at Fulham as their record signing from OGC Nice (which is still the case to this day), Jean-Michaël Seri was signed with a lot of expectations.

However, just like André Zambo Anguissa, who was bought in the same transfer window, he never lived up to them, meaning loans were organised swiftly after.

While the latter of the two has made a new life for himself at Fulham this season under Scott Parker, Seri has not, and it's clear an exit is needed.

One team who appreciate what he has to offer, following his temporary spell there last season, are Galatasaray, and it appears they want him back in January.

That's according to Foot Mercato, who explain 'final negotiations' are already underway, as the Turkish side are 'actively working' on Seri's return for a loan with an obligation to buy.

Once they pay the fee to Fulham, the Ivory Coast international will then sign a three-year deal until 2024.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jim© on January 04, 2021, 04:45:27 PM

No, not even nearly. Cav scored 6 in 43 (7 assists) a division higher than him last season, so not sure where you get the "4 times better" from???

Cav is his new favourite thing to scapegoat, he could score 10 goals between now and the end of the season and Ben would still call him crap

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 04, 2021, 07:19:01 PM

Cav is his new favourite thing to scapegoat, he could score 10 goals between now and the end of the season and Ben would still call him crap
well no i wouldnt. but lets be honest we will be lucky if he scores another goal between now and the end of the season, such are his terrible stats. just out of interest, what do you blame for our shocking attack this season.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2021, 07:24:12 PM

well no i wouldnt. but lets be honest we will be lucky if he scores another goal between now and the end of the season, such are his terrible stats. just out of interest, what do you blame for our shocking attack this season.

Lack of transfer activity in squad depth for strikers. Its the main reason I think we'll go down. I look at all the teams around us and we clearly have the worst depth for goals.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 04, 2021, 07:38:52 PM

Lack of transfer activity in squad depth for strikers. Its the main reason I think we'll go down. I look at all the teams around us and we clearly have the worst depth for goals.
wait, so you want a new striker, not to replace cav i presume as that would be scapegoating wouldn't it?

AnOldBrownie

So...this Adam Armstrong guy.   How much would it cost to bring him in from Blackburn? 

sunburywhite

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 04, 2021, 07:52:05 PM
So...this Adam Armstrong guy.   How much would it cost to bring him in from Blackburn? 

I know Richard Osman is a Fulham fan but it would be Pointless brining Armstrong in
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2021, 07:48:53 PM

wait, so you want a new striker, not to replace cav i presume as that would be scapegoating wouldn't it?

Not really sure why you think this is a gotcha. I specifically said lack of squad depth so it would be more of a rotation point than a replacement. We also have a complete lack of depth up top as you well know so its common sense.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 04, 2021, 09:23:28 PM

Not really sure why you think this is a gotcha. I specifically said lack of squad depth so it would be more of a rotation point than a replacement. We also have a complete lack of depth up top as you well know so its common sense.

I don't think we are light up top. We have cav who is doing a wonderful job and mitro on the bench. Another striker would be pointless.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2021, 09:26:52 PM

I don't think we are light up top. We have cav who is doing a wonderful job and mitro on the bench. Another striker would be pointless.

Ok well, for what its worth, I never said you were making Cav the scapegoat as he's been deserving of criticism for his lack of goals but i've given you the reason for the lack of goals in this team/squad. Or at least my reason.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 04, 2021, 09:32:02 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 04, 2021, 09:26:52 PM

Ok well, for what its worth, I never said you were making Cav the scapegoat as he's been deserving of criticism for his lack of goals but i've given you the reason for the lack of goals in this team/squad. Or at least my reason.
yes I know it wasn't you, I was just pointing out that some think any negative criticism of cav is scape  goating. Yes we need a decent striker up top because he won't use mitro and cav is useless as a striker, there's literally no other way to put it. If he was doing well then Parker himself wouldn't have openly stated we need a striker.