more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on January 05, 2021, 10:27:12 PM
Arsenal apparently looking to sell Eddie Nketiah young English and resale value should tick most of Tonys boxes
i was thinking about him earlier but didn't think they would sell as he has been doing ok for them of late. I would be all over this. Has great potential.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Don't Fulham traditionally do loans in the January window, not purchases?

And we can't loan from another EPL side correct?     Wouldn't that take out anyone from Arsenal or Newcastle?

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 05, 2021, 10:40:38 PM
Don't Fulham traditionally do loans in the January window, not purchases?

And we can't loan from another EPL side correct?     Wouldn't that take out anyone from Arsenal or Newcastle?
depends if they want to sell. Toon won't loan Gayle with 6 months left on contract and looks like nketiah is also up for sale.

We Are Premier League

Sign Lemina (should be possible if we offer him a low relegation release clause), get Reiss Nelson on loan. Add Gayle to that and im ok with this window, does not sound like we are looking to spend big so a decent loan and a cheap purchase is probably all we can hope for.

Edit - and trim another 5 players or so from the fringe of the squad.

jayffc

Shame arnautovic's wages are so extreme. For all the drama around him he knows where the net is and is proven at this level...reportedly on over 200k at this Chinese club though.

How does he fancy a 140k wage cut? Ha! What a combative team we'd be though, certainly would add to an already strong spine of the team.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on January 05, 2021, 10:30:56 PM
Arsenal apparently looking to sell Eddie Nketiah young English and resale value should tick most of Tonys boxes
i was thinking about him earlier but didn't think they would sell as he has been doing ok for them of late. I would be all over this. Has great potential.

Me too but I'd be surprised if this were true.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 05, 2021, 11:48:45 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 05, 2021, 10:30:56 PM

Me too but I'd be surprised if this were true.
yes I would, he looks really good.

Maidstone Lee

Saw on Twitter this morning that Galatasaray are interested in Kenny Tete. Bit of an odd one that.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

rebel

The big issue is leaving it all to the last minute, then having the shambles around because of Covid restrictions, medical failures and add the EU stuff (transfer from the EU) etc. We end up getting 'anybody'.

Holders

Quote from: rebel on January 06, 2021, 09:06:58 AM
The big issue is leaving it all to the last minute, then having the shambles around because of Covid restrictions, medical failures and add the EU stuff (transfer from the EU) etc. We end up getting 'anybody'.

The "new normal".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rebel

Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2021, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: rebel on January 06, 2021, 09:06:58 AM

The "new normal".

It's the 'New Normal' for Fulham, not being 'go getter's', rather Khan Junior thinking he's Daniel Levy, leaving transfers to the last minute, thinking you can get one over on another club. It's hit and miss, no happy medium.

Tabby

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 06, 2021, 09:00:48 AM
Saw on Twitter this morning that Galatasaray are interested in Kenny Tete. Bit of an odd one that.

There are a lot of rubbish rumours about the Istanbul teams in the Turkish press. I assume someone just saw that he hadn't been playing and decided to run with it, ignoring that he has been out injured.

finknottle

Quote from: Tabby on January 06, 2021, 09:30:03 AM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on January 06, 2021, 09:00:48 AM

There are a lot of rubbish rumours about the Istanbul teams in the Turkish press. I assume someone just saw that he hadn't been playing and decided to run with it, ignoring that he has been out injured.

It is clearly a rubbish made up rumour. I don't think he'd even be allowed to sign for them as he's already played for Lyon and Fulham this season and I don't think you're allowed to play for 3 teams in 1 season?

fulhamben

rebel

I think this will be the quietest January Window ever, with net spend down (by clubs in the Prem).

bobby01

Alfie doughty of charlton will not be signing a new contract with them according to Lee bowyer.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mrmicawbers

Not saying it's right but would a stockpile and loan work for us ala Chelsea benefit us?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 06, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Not saying it's right but would a stockpile and loan work for us ala Chelsea benefit us?

What is a stockpile and loan?   What player/s?

mrmicawbers

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 06, 2021, 07:13:15 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 06, 2021, 06:43:35 PM

What is a stockpile and loan?   What player/s?
Going on Chelsea's model you buy all and sundry with potential and loan them out.Chelsea currently have 28 players out on loan.