https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humussapiens

sunburywhite

This is Why Manchester United Want To Sign Umar Sadiq 2020

I know, I know, even I could look good in edited clips. Seems like he knows how to fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEP8cT9pXI
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC1987

Not a fan but could do a job for them is Snodgrass to WestBrom. Interesting business early doors from Westham so far!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Arthur on January 08, 2021, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 08, 2021, 01:21:55 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 08, 2021, 12:30:24 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 08, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
Italian or Italy based Fulham fan on Twitter (Fulham Italy) mentioned we should check out Christian Kouame from Fiorentina, not sure how good he is but looks exactly the type of player we need. Pace & strength & versatile

Hope not - his stats show he scores the odd goal when he feels like it

Bit like Saha before we signed him then, about 5 in 50 odd for Metz & one in 11 for Newcastle
Don't think we're going to able to be attract someone who's a goal in every 2-3 games. This fella can play wide too. Just think we need some pace & mobility up top, but agree his goalscoring record looks a bit iffy

Agree that we won't be buying someone whose scoring rate at the highest level is anything to get too excited about. I don't know of Kouame at all, so it's certainly tempting to think he could turn out to be another Saha. On the other hand, he could just as easily have a more difficult introduction like, say, Cutrone had at Wolves. Having scored just 2 in 12 in the opening months of last season, Cutrone spent all of 2020 back in Italy - on loan, as it happens, at Fiorentina. It's also worth noting that though Saha was high scoring for us in his first season, this was in the Championship. He wasn't anything like as prolific in our first season in the P.L. (8 goals in 36 league games so the statistics tell me).

With potential targets with P.L. experience seemingly thin on the ground, we may well have to look abroad. As an immediate short-term fix, however, a player with no previous P.L. experience will be a big gamble, in my opinion.

To be honest I know nothing about Kouame either bar what I've seen in YouTube. Just harbour the hope that there's a gem out there waiting to be picked up
Re Saha, he was never fully fit the following season, had hamstring problems all season long, they would hamper his career in later years. The season after though when he was firing on all cylinders he got something like 15 goals in 20 odd games before going to Utd in December, he was on course for 30+plus goals for us in the top flight. Not sure anyone else had achieved that?

Arthur

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 08, 2021, 05:03:21 PM
It's also worth noting that though Saha was high scoring for us in his first season, this was in the Championship. He wasn't anything like as prolific in our first season in the P.L. (8 goals in 36 league games so the statistics tell me).

Re Saha, he was never fully fit the following season, had hamstring problems all season long, they would hamper his career in later years. The season after though when he was firing on all cylinders he got something like 15 goals in 20 odd games before going to Utd in December, he was on course for 30+plus goals for us in the top flight. Not sure anyone else had achieved that?

Saha played in 36 of our 38 league matches that first season in the P.L. It's not a figure that suggests he was hampered by an injury problem. I believe you're thinking of the following season with us when his number of appearances was restricted to 17.

I think it's fair to say that Saha needed time to get used to the demands of the P.L. before we saw the best of him at that level.

rebel

I think our business will be a continuation of the last wndow, maybe worth checking out the names available. Fulham has been pretty consistent in that regard.

sunburywhite

Quote from: rebel on January 08, 2021, 06:18:44 PM
I think our business will be a continuation of the last wndow, maybe worth checking out the names available. Fulham has been pretty consistent in that regard.

As has been said (even by Daniel Levy) most business is done in the last two days for various reasons. Dont forget the selling club has to find, in a lot of cases, a replacement for the outgoing player. Lets say we sell Cav, we would want a replacement, the club selling us the replacement will want a replacement for that player. And so it goes on
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

No doubt we will wait for last minute bargains, will there be any, not usually!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Arthur on January 08, 2021, 05:51:53 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 08, 2021, 05:03:21 PM
It's also worth noting that though Saha was high scoring for us in his first season, this was in the Championship. He wasn't anything like as prolific in our first season in the P.L. (8 goals in 36 league games so the statistics tell me).

Saha played in 36 of our 38 league matches that first season in the P.L. It's not a figure that suggests he was hampered by an injury problem. I believe you're thinking of the following season with us when his number of appearances was restricted to 17.

I think it's fair to say that Saha needed time to get used to the demands of the P.L. before we saw the best of him at that level.

Yep stand corrected there, think he wasn't the only one to struggle that first season up though. Pretty disappointing in a lot of ways considering how we strolled the championship

Friendsoffulham

Fulham transfer news - Aleksandar Mitrovic could leave in January with club open to offers

Aleksandar Mitrovic was expected to play a prominent role for Fulham this season but after losing his place in Scott Parker's first XI, the club are willing to entertain offers for the forward, writes Dean Jones. Mitrovic, who arrived from Newcastle United in 2018, has not scored for the Cottagers since September.

Fulham would be willing to listen to offers for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this month but are in no rush to show him the door.

The striker was expected to be one of their key players this season yet has started just one of their last seven matches as manager Scott Parker changed the team's style of play.

There have been discussions with Mitrovic over the situation, and there is no friction or animosity that he is now a back-up option for Parker.

Fulham's stance is that they are not actively looking to sell him but if a fair offer was to land they are willing to let the player make a decision on whether he wants to leave or remain part of the team, where he could still play a vital role as they fight to stay in the Premier League.

In a development unrelated to his future, Mitrovic has been criticised by Parker for his Covid-19 rule breach on New Year's Eve. The striker was pictured alongside Crystal Palace's Luka Milivojevic.

"He understands he's made a mistake," said Parker. "He understands it was irresponsible. It's not acceptable. We've dealt with that as a football club internally."

https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2020-2021/fulham-transfer-news-aleksandar-mitrovic-could-leave-in-january-with-club-open-to-offers_sto8056786/story.shtml

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: davew on January 08, 2021, 06:37:22 PM
No doubt we will wait for last minute bargains, will there be any, not usually!
Usually crocks

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: rebel on January 08, 2021, 06:18:44 PM
Unfortunately

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 08, 2021, 12:30:24 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 08, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
Italian or Italy based Fulham fan on Twitter (Fulham Italy) mentioned we should check out Christian Kouame from Fiorentina, not sure how good he is but looks exactly the type of player we need. Pace & strength & versatile

Hope not - his stats show he scores the odd goal when he feels like it

Or when he receives service.

Watching his Genoa vs Inter game from 2019 right now.   He's getting no service from his wide players or his midfield.

After we sign a more consistent attacking player I'd be more than happy to give this young man Kamara's spot.

Redmond + Kouame would be a good window imo.

St Eve

Letting Mitro go would be just about the most stupid thing we have done and we have done a lot of stupid things in the past

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: St Eve on January 08, 2021, 09:52:16 PM
Letting Mitro go would be just about the most stupid thing we have done and we have done a lot of stupid things in the past

Eintracht  Frankfurt snooping.🤔

mrmicawbers

hope he gets a game tomorrow and gets some goals.Show us what we're missing Mitro.

filham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 08, 2021, 10:01:04 PM
hope he gets a game tomorrow and gets some goals.Show us what we're missing Mitro.
Hard to think who we could possibly sign that would do better for us than Mitro is likely to over the remainder of the season.

jayffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 08, 2021, 04:49:53 PM
This is Why Manchester United Want To Sign Umar Sadiq 2020

I know, I know, even I could look good in edited clips. Seems like he knows how to fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEP8cT9pXI

In the days of VAR he looks like a walking penalty.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2021, 10:30:18 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 08, 2021, 10:01:04 PM
Hard to think who we could possibly sign that would do better for us than Mitro is likely to over the remainder of the season.

I understand, we probably need another Premier League Striker to increase our odds of staying up to greater than 50% and to buy another Striker we need to sell Mitrovic or Anguissa this window. But, Fulham would be foolish to sell Mitrovic, just to have a chance to stay up, because we will need him if we go down. Every Club with financial problems thought short-term, we must not do the same.

RaySmith

Presumably the club must have a replacement striker lined up, if  wanting to sell Mitro, our only proper striker!